The center rules

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #1

    The center rules

    Sheer numbers require democrats to make room for moderates and even somewhat right of center voters--Vox's founder in the NYT.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

    Biden is stronger than ever, defying the pundits:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

    For once I agree with AOC.

    "We can't even get a floor vote on Medicare for All, not even a floor vote that gets voted down," the progressive congresswoman from New York said.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift
  • frank ryan
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12349

    #2
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Sheer numbers require democrats to make room for moderates and even somewhat right of center voters--Vox's founder in the NYT.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

    Biden is stronger than ever, defying the pundits:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

    For once I agree with AOC.

    https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-says-de...rty-us-1483218
    We need more moderates. There are some great moderate conversatives likes PAC, YOhio and JL, but you've stopped being a moderate for quite a while. Your criticisms are kept exclusively to the left. I want the old SU back.

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #3
      If Biden is nominated, everything will be okay. I'll vote for him, and he seems to be rounding third
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69676

        #4
        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        We need more moderates. There are some great moderate conversatives likes PAC, YOhio and JL, but you've stopped being a moderate for quite a while. Your criticisms are kept exclusively to the left. I want the old SU back.
        I love the new SU. CatBlue!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12349

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I love the new SU. CatBlue!
          He's probably not even an atheist anymore.

          Comment

          • Clark Addison
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10303

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I love the new SU. CatBlue!
            Agreed. I will take a red shift politically for a blue shift in more important matters.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37973

              #7
              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              He's probably not even an atheist anymore.
              He's certainly been less harsh towards the COJCOLDS lately.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #8
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                He's probably not even an atheist anymore.
                He's not an atheist. I think I recall him saying so.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • frank ryan
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12349

                  #9
                  Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  He's not an atheist. I think I recall him saying so.
                  agnostic maybe

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    If Biden is nominated, everything will be okay. I'll vote for him, and he seems to be rounding third
                    I hope Biden is nominated... His son Hunter, the whore chasing UDel reject and crackhead, is the gift that keeps on giving. Just mentioning Hunter to Joe makes him get crazy:



                    It will be entertaining to see Joe debate Drumpf about Hunter.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • frank ryan
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12349

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I hope Biden is nominated... His son Hunter, the whore chasing UDel reject and crackhead, is the gift that keeps on giving. Just mentioning Hunter to Joe makes him get crazy:



                      It will be entertaining to see Joe debate Drumpf about Hunter.
                      You just can't resist. That's declasse to call people crackheads. I'm sure there are people in your ward with drug problems. If you know who they are go up to them and call them junkies.

                      Why don't you use this tone to talk about Trump? Melania was likely escorting (whoring in your words) when she met virtuous Trump.

                      Why are you ok with Hunter even coming up during a debate?

                      Comment

                      • BlueK
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 7189

                        #12
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Sheer numbers require democrats to make room for moderates and even somewhat right of center voters--Vox's founder in the NYT.

                        https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

                        Biden is stronger than ever, defying the pundits:

                        https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/o...core-ios-share

                        For once I agree with AOC.

                        https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-says-de...rty-us-1483218
                        I really hope you're right about this.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #13
                          Yep. I am very center, formally right-of-center. I would even say that my vote for Hilary in 2016 represented a vote from an Independent right-of-center voter. When the GOP went extreme I stayed put and now get called a 'lefty.' In fairness, I have never had a greater appreciation for the Democratic Party or even true progressive politics than I have now. I am kind of relishing the pendulum swinging the other way in the next few years...
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #14
                            Shit. I jinxed it. Trump wants Sanders, he's cheering him on with tweets, and establishment Democrats are freaked he may get the nomination, because he can't beat Trump. Everyone seems to think so. There's even dark Trump money supporting Sanders. Nightmare scenario is happening. The Sanders-Warren split is consolidating in Sanders as Warren's free fall continues. The moderates need to pick a candidate! Before it's like Trump in 2016. He can't win he can't win he can't win...Oh shit!

                            https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rs-rise-105825
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • swampfrog
                              Social Distance Warrior
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 2267

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Shit. I jinxed it. Trump wants Sanders, he's cheering him on with tweets, and establishment Democrats are freaked he may get the nomination, because he can't beat Trump. Everyone seems to think so. There's even dark Trump money supporting Sanders. Nightmare scenario is happening. The Sanders-Warren split is consolidating in Sanders as Warren's free fall continues. The moderates need to pick a candidate! Before it's like Trump in 2016. He can't win he can't win he can't win...Oh shit!

                              https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rs-rise-105825
                              Watching the meltdown after Joe Rogan's podcast indicating he would likely vote for Bernie (and Bernie touting it) is amusing. The left seems to be more fractured every day. Rogan has a huge following, and the segment of the left wishing to segregate themselves from him seem to be asking for political disaster. CNN gets in on the action:

                              Comment

                              Working...