Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    Isn't the libertarian solution to everything "let the market decide?"
    Ultimately, yes. But outside of the few AnCaps and the oddball folks who officially affiliate with the Libertarian Party, most of us are small "l" directional libertarians. The libertarian utopia will materialize in increments.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      The libertarian utopia will materialize in increments.
      Libertarians are too cynical to have a utopia.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Libertarians are too cynical to have a utopia.
        The libertarian utopia is everybody being free to have their own personal utopia... So looking as it doesn't impede on the property rights of others yada, yada, yada

Comment

• This is a pretty big story. A congressional election in NC has yet to be certified, and apparently a shady GOP operative had hundreds of absentee ballots destroyed.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/1...ake-tapper.cnn

Comment

This is a pretty big story. A congressional election in NC has yet to be certified, and apparently a shady GOP operative had hundreds of absentee ballots destroyed.

Where have you and CNN been, Frank? This kind of shady sh*t has been going on down in Florida for some time.

And vote harvesting? Let's see how that is done down in California.

But there is no voter fraud going on, man. That is what y'all keep telling me. Yeah, we can trust those voting machines don't spit out any kind of paper audit trail. You can trust it registered your vote correctly down in its tiny little computer memory. Here, have some more nice blue Kool Aid. It will make you feel better.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This is a pretty big story. A congressional election in NC has yet to be certified, and apparently a shady GOP operative had hundreds of absentee ballots destroyed.

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Where have you and CNN been, Frank? This kind of shady sh*t has been going on down in Florida for some time.

And vote harvesting? Let's see how that is done down in California.

But there is no voter fraud going on, man. That is what y'all keep telling me. Yeah, we can trust those voting machines don't spit out any kind of paper audit trail. You can trust it registered your vote correctly down in its tiny little computer memory. Here, have some more nice blue Kool Aid. It will make you feel better.

Even the governor of NC agrees... there is no voter fraud going on in NC:

Cooper vetoes voter ID bill

Gov. Roy Cooper on Friday vetoed legislation setting up the rules for the state's new requirement that voters present photo identification at the polls, calling it "a solution in search of a problem."
              [...]
              The bill got yes votes during the ongoing legislative session from Reps. Duane Hall, D-Wake, and Ken Goodman, D-Richmond, and Sens. Joel Ford, D-Mecklenburg, Ben Clark, D-Hoke, and Don Davis, D-Pitt.
              [...]
              https://www.wral.com/cooper-vetoes-v...bill/18064957/

Move along... there is nothing to see here.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Even the governor of NC agrees... there is no voter fraud going on in NC:

https://www.wral.com/cooper-vetoes-v...bill/18064957/

Move along... there is nothing to see here.
                Ted, this is photo ID voter fraud. Please read the article, thanks.

Comment

Ted, this is photo ID voter fraud. Please read the article, thanks.
                  The voter ID bill does require people to include a copy of their photo ID with absentee ballot requests, or an affidavit explaining why they could not. Legislators added the measure as a response to the 9th District controversy...
                  Since there was no shady stuff going on in NC-9 there is no reason to do absolutely anything about it... got it. I am sure glad there is none of that stuff is going on. This makes me feel a lot better.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Since there was no shady stuff going on in NC-9 there is no reason to do absolutely anything about it... got it. I am sure glad there is none of that stuff is going on. This makes me feel a lot better.
                    Ted that really doesn't have much to do with that other scandal. Try being sincere for once. Surely, you can comprehend the difference. The governor did not say there was no problem with that race.

Comment

• Comrade Trump needs to follow Putin's lead on this:

Vladimir Putin Makes Moves To Control Rap Music In Russia

Hopefully Putin puts the kibosh on country and reggae music as well... then our national nightmare will be over
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Ted that really doesn't have much to do with that other scandal. Try being sincere for once. Surely, you can comprehend the difference. The governor did not say there was no problem with that race.
                        I got it, Frank. The governor wants to do absolutely nothing to try to prevent voter fraud because there is not a problem (ie, "a solution in search of a problem."). He just want everyone (and their dead dog) to be able to request and submit absentee ballots with as little effort as possible. Silly things like requiring an ID just gets in the way of that especially when there is not a problem especially with those absentee ballots.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                        X