No announcement yet.

Mueller as Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting to see the way that people are reporting what Rosenstein said vs what he literally said. At 5:20 in, he starts, "There is no allegation IN THE INDICTMENT that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

If you go to news.google.com and type in "Rosenstein affect outcome" you'll find stuff like this from Bloomberg...which is not what he said.

not accurate.JPG
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

It's interesting to see the way that people are reporting what Rosenstein said vs what he literally said. At 5:20 in, he starts, "There is no allegation IN THE INDICTMENT that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

If you go to news.google.com and type in "Rosenstein affect outcome" you'll find stuff like this from Bloomberg...which is not what he said.

[ATTACH]8578[/ATTACH]
      good point. And Bloomberg is even supposed to be a "liberal" source according to the anti-media far right.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

[ATTACH]8578[/ATTACH]
        But why would there be no allegation if that if it did alter the outcome? If there is any chance at all that the outcome was affected, you'd put that allegation in the indictment. The fact that it was omitted suggests they have zero evidence to support such an allegation.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Mueller grasping at straws with these indictments. Where's the beef?
          Who cares? We have enough to start a long, drawn out nuclear war with the Ruskies... Let's roll!

It is amazing how little millions of dollars of FBI work buys these days.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            that doesn't make it not alarming
            color me unimpressed.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Who cares? We have enough to start a long, drawn out nuclear war with the Ruskies... Let's roll!

It is amazing how little millions of dollars of FBI work buys these days.
              you really think the motivation here is to start a war with Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                But why would there be no allegation if that if it did alter the outcome? If there is any chance at all that the outcome was affected, you'd put that allegation in the indictment. The fact that it was omitted suggests they have zero evidence to support such an allegation.
                You realize short of reading minds of voters during the campaign that it's unproveable whether anything changed the outcome or not, right? We do know Trump won the election by about a total of 3,000 votes across three or four states. It wouldn't take much. Isn't the important issue whether we allow a foreign country to influence a campaign or not? Maybe in today's internet age we don't care about that. But would Trump fans care more if the source of the interference were say, Mexico instead, and they were trying to push a pro-immigration message? I think they might.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  You realize short of reading minds of voters during the campaign that it's unproveable whether anything changed the outcome or not, right? We do know Trump won the election by about a total of 3,000 votes across three or four states. It wouldn't take much. Isn't the important issue whether we allow a foreign country to influence a campaign or not? Maybe in today's internet age we don't care about that. But would Trump fans care more if the source of the interference were say, Mexico instead, and they were trying to push a pro-immigration message? I think they might.
                  I think you just admitted that there's no way to know whether a foreign country actually influenced the campaign.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't agree that it suggests that. I think it means that this indictment doesn't allege that. Other indictments may well do that, especially since this one mentions still unnamed "persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury."
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think what this shows us isn't that Trump is an illegitimate POTUS, it's that there couldn't really have been a legitimate POTUS in 2016.

Comment

OMFG. Dumbest POTD.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

DWMB3vEXkAcPYU0.jpg

Comment

I think you just admitted that there's no way to know whether a foreign country actually influenced the campaign.
                            No. I said you probably can't prove what one thing could throw an election, which isn't the point.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              OMFG. Dumbest POTD.
                              As usual, no reasoning.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-16-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

you really think the motivation here is to start a war with Russia?
                                How else we going to stop the Ruskies from spending thousands of dollars on Facebook ads and trying to throw our elections by influencing us dumb Americans?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X