No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump doesn’t care a whit about the few conservative ideals he’s espoused. Nor the others that conservatives had supposedly moved away from, like free trade and first amendment issues. He champions his amalgamation of disparate political beliefs for one reason only: to promote his brand.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Trump doesn’t care a whit about the few conservative ideals he’s espoused. Nor the others that conservatives had supposedly moved away from, like free trade and first amendment issues. He champions his amalgamation of disparate political beliefs for one reason only: to promote his brand.
      Nearly all of Trump's work against "conservative ideals" was done in the executive branch without legislative support. So to say that a Senator "voted with Trump x% of the time" isn't really saying anything. The problem is the executive branch has become too powerful.

Comment

• Mitt puts up with a lot of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Mitt puts up with a lot of crap.
          These are the worst kind of people. And this kind of behavior seen as acceptable by many is the product of 4 years of trump.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            These are the worst kind of people. And this kind of behavior seen as acceptable by many is the product of 4 years of trump.
            I doubt Mitt will fly commercial much going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Just to clarify, this type of behavior has been going on for a couple years on the left. Childish confrontations have been a part of progressive activism for a while. But Trump has made it ok for the right to do this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                I doubt Mitt will fly commercial much going forward.
                I bet he will just get noise cancelling headphones. Mitt has many merits, but I can honestly say he really doesn't give a shit about these type of people and never has. As long as he cannot hear them, he'll be fine.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  Just to clarify, this type of behavior has been going on for a couple years on the left. Childish confrontations have been a part of progressive activism for a while. But Trump has made it ok for the right to do this as well.
                  Very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I bet he will just get noise cancelling headphones. Mitt has many merits, but I can honestly say he really doesn't give a shit about these type of people and never has. As long as he cannot hear them, he'll be fine.
                    Until his personal safety is threatened. These people actually think he is a traitor to his country. Someone, sometime, is going to take it too far.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Until his personal safety is threatened. These people actually think he is a traitor to his country. Someone, sometime, is going to take it too far.
                      Yeah the lady in the video claimed that Cox assaulted her the night before. It's not hard to imagine a situation that escalates to the point where a public figure gets hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I don't understand your use of the word "but" here. It seems to suggest conflict between having merits and not caring about these type of people.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          I don't understand your use of the word "but" here. It seems to suggest conflict between having merits and not caring about these type of people.
                          Haha. Touché.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            Uh, these people are republicans yelling at republicans! I'm no Mitt fanboy like the rest of you, but he deserves some kind of peace prize, yea even Nobel, for dealing rationally with these hillbillies.

Comment

• These mouth breathers are in my city today. Good thing they thought through their mixtape.

The crowd faced the White House and a stage was flanked by two big "Save America March" signs swayed to the beat of the Village People song "Macho Man" and Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean."
                              A bunch of conspiracy theorists that believe in pizza joints fronting child molesters, chose a song by a real life child molester. And one by the Village People.

Comment

• I’m fairly proud of my reply.

Please do your part not to fan the flames. A guy with your family history should know better than most that rhetoric from leaders can have unintended consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X