Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Remember funny Colbert? I miss him.
    He's been over-the-top anti-Trump for a long time now. I used to watch him on YouTube regularly, but he wasn't generating any smiles for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Ben makes a good point. This is all Giulliani's fault. Trump needs a lawyer to keep him out of trouble. Instead he got one who appealed to his worst prejudices and instincts and marched him into trouble.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I wonder if Trump ever listens for very long to those who keep him out of trouble. Seems like almost all of those are gone now.
        lol all those guys got fired or quit.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I have a record of being somewhat hard on Romney, mostly because of how his Mass governor and running for president selves were starkly different. But I'm solidly on team Mitt now. Like Creekster said, there is no benefit for him to vote for impeachment. It would have been the easiest thing for him to do to hem and haw about how inappropriate Trump was, yet it didn't rise to the level of impeachment. He would have taken some arrows on both sides for that, but he wouldn't have to worry about his vote come primary time. Mitt's a good man. Like I saw on Twitter the other day, the wrong Republican got the presidential medal of freedom.

I am continually amazed at how Seattle Ute bucks the apostate trend. You're supposed to go more liberal SU, not become a Benson acolyte!
          You are now on his team--looks like he did benefit.

And yes, I have read tweets that criticized Mitt for seeking the supposed benefit of gaining favor with people on the left.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            He's been over-the-top anti-Trump for a long time now. I used to watch him on YouTube regularly, but he wasn't generating any smiles for me.
            Shame on Colbert for having a strong opinion on a divisive president.

Comment

I'm not seeing the connection between Romney's decision and Sanders winning the election and the dems winning the Senate. Can you explain your reasoning behind that?
              It’s just standard MAGAute panicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Remember funny Colbert? I miss him.
                This is the first time I have watched him. Why is he so angry?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  It’s just standard MAGAute panicking.
                  hey shitforbrains, are you capable of anything other than name calling?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

I'm not seeing the connection between Romney's decision and Sanders winning the election and the dems winning the Senate. Can you explain your reasoning behind that?
                        Good question. Apparently SU is worried that the end result of Romney showing some integrity is more people for Bernie. Rather than ... you know ... people on both sides being inspired to put integrity above party loyalty.
                        Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 02-06-2020, 04:19 PM.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Ben makes a good point. This is all Giulliani's fault. Trump needs a lawyer to keep him out of trouble. Instead he got one who appealed to his worst prejudices and instincts and marched him into trouble.
                          Not really. As noted, Trump released the funds once the scheme was made public. He and his team are children, like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar saying, "We were only counting the cookies to make sure none are missing." Dumb argument by Sasse and his Repub colleagues. Better for them to just admit that Trump was wrong, not at all perfect, and argue that it wasn't impeachable. Why are people so upset that Mitt didn't march in lockstep with the others?

Why are you trying to deflect blame to Giulliani? He is exactly what Trump wants in a lawyer, one that appeals to his worst prejudices and instincts.

So we wait for the next self-inflicted crisis that will be blamed on everyone but Trump.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I have been contacted by many non-LDS friends around the country telling me how much they admire what Romney did, how deeply they were moved by his speech, and how they have a newfound and/or deeper respect for my faith. I suspect this kind of response may have colored SU's puzzling reaction to Mitt's vote.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Yeah, that's a load of horse shit. I'm not interested in the memes and bullshit Ted repeats from Twitter, I want to know what informed your strong opinion. If the Joe Biden is as dirty as you, shouldn't be difficult to make the case he is exceptionally corrupt.
                              No one knows ... because no one has investigated how Hunter got a seat on the board that paid him almost a million dollars a year.

Listen to this podcast:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/p...a-ukraine.html

Even the New York Times said there is a ton of smoke around the Bidens in Ukraine, but they admit that no one knows what really happened because no one bothered to investigate it (including the New York Times itself).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I have been contacted by many non-LDS friends around the country telling me how much they admire what Romney did, how deeply they were moved by his speech, and how they have a newfound and/or deeper respect for my faith. I suspect this kind of response may have colored SU's puzzling reaction to Mitt's vote.
                                Yeah, thank you for addressing the elephant in the room.

When Jake Tapper is tweeting out the revealed word of God thru Joseph Smith the Prophet, something's gotta give.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X