Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Nice try at changing the conversation. Who are here thinks Hillary was a wonderful candidate? You sound like Kelly Anne Conway
    Does Kelly Anne Conway have an obsession with AOC too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Rand Paul on RMoney... spot on.

Donald Trump actually won by being a different kind of Republican, by being a Republican who said, you know what, we`re not going to waste all of America`s taxpayer dollars overseas.
      Right let's waste $5 billion dollars on a wall right here at home!

I missed the part where Trump has reduced spending oversees. Has the defense budget gone down?

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Right let's waste $5 billion dollars on a wall right here at home!

I missed the part where Trump has reduced spending oversees. Has the defense budget gone down?
        Good point... RMoney thinks we should remain in Syria and Afghanistan (i.e., continue spending a sh*tload of money on the Syria war that Obama started). We have spend about $6 trillion on the Middle East since 2001. Just in Syria we could save $16B+ plus pulling out...

It seems that RMoney is taking over the warmonger role that McCain left.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that electing Mitt was not worth Uncle Ted referring to him as RMoney all the time.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I'm beginning to think that electing Mitt was not worth Uncle Ted referring to him as RMoney all the time.
            Bad for Romney to have money.

Not bad for Trump to have money.

At least that's how the logic probably goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Bad for Romney to have money.

Not bad for Trump to have money.

At least that's how the logic probably goes.
              RMoney comes from a photo of his grandkids...

(I think this turned out to be #fakenews by some liberal reporter, however.)
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good point... RMoney thinks we should remain in Syria and Afghanistan (i.e., continue spending a sh*tload of money on the Syria war that Obama started). We have spend about $6 trillion on the Middle East since 2001. Just in Syria we could save $16B+ plus pulling out...

It seems that RMoney is taking over the warmonger role that McCain left.
                Well it's a good thing Trump is bringing military spending down then.....

The Trump administration’s fiscal year 2019 budget request significantly increases defense spending for the second year running. If approved by Congress, it would provide $686 billion for the Department of Defense’s base budget and overseas contingency operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere. That amounts to a 4.3 percent increase over the 2018 request after adjusting for inflation. Since the 2018 request featured a comparable bump over 2017, the administration’s first two budgets have proposed increasing the defense budget by about 9 percent overall, granting DoD roughly $100 billion in additional funds above the spending level inherited by President Trump. With consecutive years of sizable growth, there is little denying that the Trump administration is officially pursuing a defense buildup.

With two budgets under its belt, the Trump administration has finished half the annual budget requests for its first term. That presents an ideal opportunity to evaluate where the administration stands so far. Since 1950, only Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush achieved higher real growth rates in both of their first two defense budgets than Trump has proposed.
                https://mwi.usma.edu/president-trump...-historically/

Comment

Rand Paul on RMoney... spot on.

LOL... Paul thinks RMoney is a dumbass.
                  Well, reading that it is clear that Paul is not only a dumbass, but also an idiot.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Well, reading that it is clear that Paul is not only a dumbass, but also an idiot.
                    Yeah, that was kind of ridiculous Ron Paul. Just like your haircut.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Yeah, that was kind of ridiculous Ron Paul. Just like your haircut.
                      Rand Paul. Ron is the one who looked up skirts for a living, while Rand was the one that made sure he wasn't nearsighted while doing it.

But yeah, Rand is being dumb here. And if anything, Romney was using coded language to gin up additional support at home. "mantle" and "child of God."

Comment

• OMG Rand Paul is a first class ass kiss. Neil Cavuto brought up the fact that Rand himself had said worse about Trump and he was all, 'well, you know running against him I had some choice words, but... uh... it's totally inappropriate to attack a sitting president's character.." huh? It is? What if the sitting president is an idiotic shitbag, an embarrassment to the country, and it would be just plain weird if nobody said anything?
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan: Trump won those three by a combined total of about 70,000 votes. Those states seem to be swinging the other way now if you go by what happened in 2018. The tariffs are not popular in the midwest. If those go to the dems in 2020, Trump comes up 12 votes shy of 270. If he holds onto all the rest he still needs to flip enough states to get those 12 he would need. Also take into account a couple of states that were red last time like AZ and IA could flip to blue. Minnesota, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico are his best shots for him to turn red, but far from easy to do in any of them. I don't think it looks good for his reelection right now.
                          Trump’s approval ratings are low but steady — possibly a good sign for his re-election chances

Trump’s approval rating is in line with those of Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama at similar points in their presidencies. All three men were re-elected.

Of course, this is most likely #fakenews so don't worry.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            OMG Rand Paul is a first class ass kiss. Neil Cavuto brought up the fact that Rand himself had said worse about Trump and he was all, 'well, you know running against him I had some choice words, but... uh... it's totally inappropriate to attack a sitting president's character.." huh? It is? What if the sitting president is an idiotic shitbag, an embarrassment to the country, and it would be just plain weird if nobody said anything?
                            Commandude, you are not a very good student of Walter's posts... Rand Paul agrees with Drumpf less than most republicans. (LOL@Flake... he is more aligned with Drumpf than Paul.)
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I find these charts interesting comparing Trump's approval/disapproval to other Presidents:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

His pattern follows Gerald Fords pattern pretty closely.

Comment

• lol, Mitt has the dumpsters running scared. Using HClinton tactics? Disgusting.

Mitt happens!

afp_537309570_70439902.jpg
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X