Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL... It seems RMoney needs those Utah Drumpf voters after all:

Romney says he supports president’s policy, despite past disputes

Mitt Romney says he’s confident he would be able to work with President Donald Trump if he’s elected to the U.S. Senate, despite their public disputes in the past.

On the heels of Saturday’s state Republican convention, Romney spoke Monday about his candidacy to replace longtime Sen. Orrin Hatch, his upcoming primary with state Rep. Mike Kennedy, R-Alpine, and even his relationship with President Donald Trump.

“I think people know me across the state as someone who calls ’em like he see ’em,” Romney told KSL Newsradio’s Doug Wright. “Frankly, I think that’s why the president endorsed me. … I think some people were surprised he endorsed my campaign for Senate, but I think he respects people who say what they believe, and I certainly do.”

Romney was one of Trump’s toughest critics during the 2016 presidential primary, calling him a fraud and a phony in a speech at the University of Utah. The two have traded verbal jabs over the years, he said, but when it comes to policy, they’re often on the same side.
    [...]
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46306451&ni...-past-disputes

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Uh, where's stupid Dump-lovin' mark "chappaquiddick" kennedy?

Mitt Happens!!!
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Uh, where's stupid Dump-lovin' mark "chappaquiddick" kennedy?

Mitt Happens!!!
        Mitt is a HUGE jazz fan. Has been from the time he was a young boy in Michigan. Like Moliere, but in reverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          Mitt is a HUGE jazz fan. Has been from the time he was a young boy in Michigan. Like Moliere, but in reverse.
          He wouldn't be at the game if he went uncontested.

The Jazz were in New Orleans when Mitt was a "young boy." The Utah Stars were in SLC when Mitt was an older boy.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

The Jazz were in New Orleans when Mitt was a "young boy." The Utah Stars were in SLC when Mitt was an older boy.
            And the Blazers are home today.

Comment

• Mitt’s awesome.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Oh, that's right. I remember the story of mitt listening to the radio when it was announced that the jazz were coming to Utah. Pulled over to the side and wept.

Comment

• Romney's a good man, and I'm sure he will be a capable senator for Utah. But man, the 'I'm not a career politician' shtick is wearing thin:

“This is not the beginning of my career. My career was in business,” Romney told a group of delegates, the Washington Examiner’s David Drucker, who was on hand for the convention, reported. “I’m not in this race because I have some political career I’m trying to foster. My political career is over. I’m going to Washington because I can make a difference.”

...Romney first sought a Senate seat in 1994 in Massachusetts against Ted Kennedy. He then debated whether to run for governor of Utah in 2002 before deciding on seeking that job in Massachusetts -- a race he won. He then ran two unsuccessful presidential races in 2008 and 2012. Though he declined to run again in 2016, he was active -- delivering a blistering speech against Donald Trump and being a leading Republican critic after the campaign. After the election, he swallowed his pride as he groveled before Trump in hopes of getting tapped as Secretary of State. Now he’s running for Senate. Somebody who has grown up in politics and spent a significant part of the last 25 years seeking public office is obviously interested in having a political career.

It’s riotous that Romney still won’t just own up to it.
                  The headline says it all:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ying-to-foster
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Wow I am suddenly over Mitt. Knock it off with the bullshit and the f*king shenanigans already. He would have a hard time getting my vote if I was still in Utah.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      And the Blazers are home today.
                      ...and now my day has gone to shit... remembering the pride I felt regarding the Blazers 3rd seed status, and the Jazz limping into the playoffs. I'd laugh too if I was on the outside looking in... but it really hurts.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Wow I am suddenly over Mitt. Knock it off with the bullshit and the f*king shenanigans already. He would have a hard time getting my vote if I was still in Utah.
                        Yeah, I can understand the joy Jazz fans felt with Mitt taunting Westbrook, but for neutral observers it had the same vibe as those cringe-worthy times on the campaign trail when he tried to project hipness, like "Who Let the Dogs Out." It doesn't quite work. Still support him as a politician...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Yeah, I can understand the joy Jazz fans felt with Mitt taunting Westbrook, but for neutral observers it had the same vibe as those cringe-worthy times on the campaign trail when he tried to project hipness, like "Who Let the Dogs Out." It doesn't quite work. Still support him as a politician...
                          It's not really that- it was kind of funny. It's the backing up and smoothing over the never trump sentiment and his recent horrific comments on immigration/DACA. The Jazz game thing would be awesome if he wasn't currently running for office.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It's not really that- it was kind of funny. It's the backing up and smoothing over the never trump sentiment and his recent horrific comments on immigration/DACA. The Jazz game thing would be awesome if he wasn't currently running for office.
                            I hope he reverts to how he was before these shannanigans after he secures the nomination.

Comment

Ah, you were focused on things of substance... I, too, was bummed and surprised by his immigration/DACA comments. I don't want to talk about Trump today as I'm focused on the Good Day thread.

Comment

• I pointed this out in the Jazz thread, but I can't believe no one else thinks it was hilarious that he was wearing a Rodney Hood jersey. What, Trey Burke's jersey was too good for you Mitt?
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X