Trump Derangement Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Derangement Syndrome

Need a place to document the intellectually challenged arguments that Trump's critics make which can only be explained by suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome or TDS.

The country is in the throes of a major epidemic, with no known cure and some pretty scary symptoms. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, and it’s rapidly spreading from the point of origin – the political class – to the population at large.

In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.

[...]

The mid-level stages of TDS have a profound effect on the victim’s vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole. Politico recently ran a piece that noted Trump’s supposedly unprecedented decision to continue using his private security force, which provoked former independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin to tweet: “A predictable move for a kleptocratic authoritarian who wants to operate outside the bounds of law and basic ethical standards. Even more troubling, he may use the force's lack of government oversight & presidential veneer to carry-out extralegal acts of force.”

It’s quite a stretch to suggest that a desire to keep trusted lieutenants is actually a sinister plot to create a version of the brownshirts, but such illogical leaps are the pathway to the next stage of TDS: a state of constant hysteria.

[...]

As TDS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. In the advanced stages of the disease, the afflicted lose touch with reality. Opinion is unmoored from fact. Life resembles a dark fairy tale in which the villain – Trump – is an amalgam of all the worst tyrants in history, past and present, while the heroes –Trump’s critics – are akin to the resistance fighters of World War II.
    In effect, making such lazy and stupid hyperbolic comparisons delegitimizes actual critique.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

[Moved from MAGA Thread]

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    God bless Flake. Fantastic speech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small brain (BlueK, frank, et al): Trump is akin to the KKK Grand Wizard!

Large brain (Clinton, et al): Trump is akin to Putin!

Galaxy brain (Jeff Flake): Trump is akin to Stalin!

Totally normal arguments.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Hey, don’t we already have a thread for Trump apologetics?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Hey, don’t we already have a thread for Trump apologetics?
        this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          [Moved from MAGA Thread]

We should wait to hear Flake's speech when he actually gives it, before we judge just how much TDS he has. But here's a different take on his future speech. He's going to compare Republicans to Stalin's enablers, not Trump to Stalin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7445976b8114
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            He's going to compare Republicans to Stalin's enablers, not Trump to Stalin
            lol. Not hyperbolic at all!

Comment

lol. Not hyperbolic at all!
              Just saying. It may a lower-level TDS than you think.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

We should wait to hear Flake's speech when he actually gives it, before we judge just how much TDS he has. But here's a different take on his future speech. He's going to compare Republicans to Stalin's enablers, not Trump to Stalin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7445976b8114
                Holy sh*thole... and I thought Drumpf's approval rating was low:

Poll: Flake’s approval rating in Arizona at 18 percent

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) has a job approval rating of only 18 percent in Arizona, according to a new poll.

A survey from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling finds 62 percent of Arizona voters disapprove of the job the senator is doing. Another 19 percent are not sure.
                [...]
                http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-at-18-percent

So does (Snow)Flake think this speech comparing drumpf to stalin is going to help his approval rating?

I just hope he burns down the GOP on his way out of the Senate.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No, the MAGA thread.

You and UT go ahead and knock yourself out. Poor Trump is just trying to save America and the liberal/fake media won't give him a chance!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Holy sh*thole... and I thought Drumpf's approval rating was low:

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-at-18-percent

So does (Snow)Flake think this speech comparing drumpf to stalin is going to help his approval rating?

I just hope he burns down the GOP on his way out of the Senate.
                    Joe Arpaio currently is in a tie with the frontrunner for the Arizona seat. That should give you an idea of how badly Arizona is affected by Obama/Hillary Derangement Syndrome (much more important than TDS, by the way). So it's not surprising at all Flake is doing poorly there.

'Snowflake' is leaving the sinking GOP ship, and hastening its destruction. If more like him leave, your libertarian fantasy world might be closer to reality. Not sure why you would be so derisive about him.
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Joe Arpaio currently is in a tie with the frontrunner for the Arizona seat. That should give you an idea of how badly Arizona is affected by Obama/Hillary Derangement Syndrome (much more important than TDS, by the way). So it's not surprising at all Flake is doing poorly there.

'Snowflake' is leaving the sinking GOP ship, and hastening its destruction. If more like him leave, your libertarian fantasy world might be closer to reality. Not sure why you would be so derisive about him.
                      Wow... Between (Snow)Flake, Sheriff Joe, and "Maverick" McCain Arizona is one messed up place.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Stupid Dems!

Comment

Walter, I applaud your courage in starting this thread.

Comment

[Moved from MAGA Thread]

Small brain (BlueK, frank, et al): Trump is akin to the KKK Grand Wizard!

Large brain (Clinton, et al): Trump is akin to Putin!

yeah, whatever. Trump's behavior over the last year is completely normal for a US president.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Wow... Between (Snow)Flake, Sheriff Joe, and "Maverick" McCain Arizona is one messed up place.
                              If you have followed his positions and votes over the years, Flake basically is a libertarian, or as close as it gets for someone who has taken on the (R) label.

Comment

Working...
                              X