Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh boy.
    Did I miss something more than a nice graduation card? Are there pictures of Moore groping women while they sleep?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Did I miss something more than a nice graduation card? Are there pictures of Moore groping women while they sleep?
      Yeah, you missed a lot. You're probably missing a lot upstairs as well.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ted's cribbing from LDS.org now!

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Dating women as young as 16 as a 30 year old is indeed strange (even with their mother's permission, as he claims) but maybe not so strange in places like Alabama, Southern Utah, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, etc. (especially 40 years ago).
        Originally posted by LDS.org
        Marriage at such an age, inappropriate by today’s standards, was legal in that era, and some women married in their mid-teens.
        And did he have sex with everyone he dated?
        Helen Mar Kimball spoke of her sealing to Joseph as being “for eternity alone,” suggesting that the relationship did not involve sexual relations.
        One would think one of those young girls he dated would have said something to someone back 40 years ago and they would have done something about it. Did he have his own court records expunged?
        Other women left no records, making it unknown whether their sealings were for time and eternity or were for eternity alone.
        Nice work, trolling mormons by comparing Joseph Smith to Roy Moore!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          Ted's cribbing from LDS.org now!

Good catch, AJ... anyone that believes the LDS.org explanation of Joseph Smith's actions shouldn't have a problem with Roy Moore dating habits. If Moore wins in Alabama then the church should send more missionaries to that state. The field will be white and ready to harvest!
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            I had a proud father moment the other day when I was at someones house and they asked my daughter what her favorite movie was. She said "So I Married an Ax Murderer," but then I was disappointed when she added, "Well, that and White Chicks".
            I cannot in good conscience call the person who told me to 'watch White Chicks. You'll love it!' friend anymore.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Ted's cribbing from LDS.org now!

You used to be funny!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• To the people who matter, Alabama conservative voters, this admission has given them 'official' reason to doubt the rest of Moore's accusers. Which is tragic, because pretty much every other allegation is credible. Supposedly Allred has a press conference coming up today. I doubt she'll be able to fix this one.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  To the people who matter, Alabama conservative voters, this admission has given them 'official' reason to doubt the rest of Moore's accusers. Which is tragic, because pretty much every other allegation is credible. Supposedly Allred has a press conference coming up today. I doubt she'll be able to fix this one.
                  Yeah, conspiracy theorists eat this kind of stuff up. It allows them to look past overwhelming body of evidence and pretend that the theory is credible. Confirmation bias.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

To the people who matter, Alabama conservative voters, this admission has given them 'official' reason to doubt the rest of Moore's accusers. Which is tragic, because pretty much every other allegation is credible. Supposedly Allred has a press conference coming up today. I doubt she'll be able to fix this one.
                    Agreed. If the other allegations are true who is going to believe it now? The best they can hope for is the Senate Ethics Committee holds a hearing after Moore is elected and forces him to resign.

Hasn't Allred already done enough damage? Why is she holding a press conference (or does she have the "smoking gun")?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Agreed. If the other allegations are true who is going to believe it now? The best they can hope for is the Senate Ethics Committee holds a hearing after Moore is elected and forces him to resign.

Hasn't Allred already done enough damage? Why is she holding a press conference (or does she have the "smoking gun")?
                      But we shouldn't believe the victims because they waited too long to speak out, right?

Comment

But we shouldn't believe the victims because they waited too long to speak out, right?
                        Only if the guy's name is William Jefferson Clinton... Even then his victims didn't wait anywhere near 40 years to say something.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Only if the guy's name is William Jefferson Clinton... Even then his victims didn't wait anywhere near 40 years to say something.
                          Haha. The obligatory Clinton response.

I am starting to think you are a web bot.

Comment

We should refer to all sexual allegations of either political stripes, when publicized, as A.C. and B.C.; After Clinton and Before Clinton. The A.C. ones need to be nuanced and placed in context. The B.C. ones are most significant and hardest to minimize, amirite UT?
                            Last edited by Northwestcoug; 12-08-2017, 12:31 PM.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

We should refer to all sexual allegations of either political stripes as A.C. and B.C.; After Clinton and Before Clinton. The A.C. ones need to be nuanced and placed in context. The B.C. ones are most significant and hardest to minimize, amirite UT?
                              #whataboutclinton

Comment

#whataboutclinton
                                No kidding.

- SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X