Anthem Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Not exactly on point, but I had to post this somewhere. A young woman belted out the National Anthem at CPAC this weekend, unfettered by any allegiance to a specific key. The second half of her rendition has been making the rounds on Twitter as she compensates for tone deafness with considerable volume. But a sublime video on Instagram adds an accompanist whose reactions and facial expressions are very funny.
    I'm tone deaf but still I winced until I couldn't take it anymore. I tapped out at "the rockets red glare".
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Good choice to lean in and up the volume. Music reality shows are evidence that doing so always elicits standing ovations and cries of, "Wow! Amazing range!"
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Not exactly on point, but I had to post this somewhere. A young woman belted out the National Anthem at CPAC this weekend, unfettered by any allegiance to a specific key. The second half of her rendition has been making the rounds on Twitter as she compensates for tone deafness with considerable volume. But a sublime video on Instagram adds an accompanist whose reactions and facial expressions are very funny.
        That’s a great video.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

I'd bet good money that that young lady was homeschooled.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

That is incredible.

Comment

• This just popped up on my recommended videos (form the "I got maced" guy. I like how seriously he takes it.

Last edited by Clark Addison; 03-02-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                So did they just not tell the accompanist that they had a camera on him?

Edit: This just popped up on my recommended videos (form the "I got maced" guy. I like how seriously he takes it.

I've now seen three different accompaniments for her rendition, all of them hilarious. The comments are good, too, including the observation that she was singing in the key of Q.

Comment

• Tbh, they didn't need the piano guy to illustrate how bad she was.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    So did they just not tell the accompanist that they had a camera on him?

Edit: This just popped up on my recommended videos (form the "I got maced" guy. I like how seriously he takes it.

he did that really well. Actually made her sound not as terrible.

Comment

Now that's some fine writing there.

Comment

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                        X