Out of curiosity, at what point do you stop excusing Trump:

Banging a hooker?
    Impregnating a hooker?
    Paying for a hooker's abortion?
    Offing a hooker?
    Dismembering a hooker?
    Dining on a dismembered hooker?

Just curious.
    Definitely at dismembering a hooker for sure. The preferred method of disposing of a dead hooker is a vat of acid, just ask Craig James, he is an expert at killing hookers.

I personally think offing a hooker is the line, but reasonable minds can disagree.

I'd still prefer he isn't impeached, because the man standing in the wings is worse.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I'd still prefer he isn't impeached, because the man standing in the wings is worse.
      I know that a lot of people say this on the left, but, honestly, why? Because he doesn't like gays? Because he's a religious kook?

We've dealt with religious kooks that don't like gays before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        I know that a lot of people say this on the left, but, honestly, why? Because he doesn't like gays? Because he's a religious kook?

We've dealt with religious kooks that don't like gays before.
        Yeah that's crazy hyperbole. You may not have one thing in common with Mike Pence, and he may sponsor homophobic, anti-women legislation, but his presidency would not resemble our current disaster in the least. He's not enacting muslim bans, national emergencies to build a wall, and he doesn't even allow Stephen Miller in the f*king building.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Yeah that's crazy hyperbole. You may not have one thing in common with Mike Pence, and he may sponsor homophobic, anti-women legislation, but his presidency would not resemble our current disaster in the least. He's not enacting muslim bans, national emergencies to build a wall, and he doesn't even allow Stephen Miller in the f*king building.
          Saying he is could be worse than Trump is not crazy hyperbole, it is simply looking at his record as it relates to LBGTQ rights and women's rights that makes me and others think this about him. It isn't hyperbole to say that Pence is onboard with the gays being homeless on the streets, considering he has advocated for both housing and employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. He also advocates and supports abusive therapy practices against LGBTQ people to try to "convert" them.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Where have you been?

https://blogs.findlaw.com/seventh_ci...fugee-ban.html

Comment

Saying he is could be worse than Trump is not crazy hyperbole, it is simply looking at his record as it relates to LBGTQ rights and women's rights that makes me and others think this about him. It isn't hyperbole to say that Pence is onboard with the gays being homeless on the streets, considering he has advocated for both housing and employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. He also advocates and supports abusive therapy practices against LGBTQ people to try to "convert" them.
              But look at the current state of the law and public opinion. None of those horrors you listed have any real chance of happening today.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

and even if true, he'd be able to implement none of that, especially with a democrat House. He at least cares there is a Congress and he'd appoint much more competent people around himself and wouldn't give his daughter and son in law top secret security clearances despite their shady business and international ties and complete and total lack of relevant experience and brains.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  But look at the current state of the law and public opinion. None of those horrors you listed have any real chance of happening today.
                  I don't think Trump or Pence changes those horrors from happening or not. Either one if they get another Supreme Court nomination is going to set the stage for legislative discrimination against LGBTQ people. As much as I despise Trump, I'll take him over a President that is as hostile to LGBTQ rights as Pence. Pence makes DHO and Nelson look progressive towards the LGBTQ community.

The current state of the law is that the Supreme Court completely punted on the level of scrutiny that should be afforded discrimination based on sexual orientation in Obergefell v Hodges. The result in Obergefell is great, the opinion is terrible and may end up hurting LGBTQ rights in the long term.

It is still completely unsettled what level of scrutiny is going to be afforded discrimination based on sexual orientation at a federal level. If Ginsburg dies while Trump or Pence is in office there is going to be seismic shift. The next case that involves discrimination based on sexual orientation could feasibly end up applying rational basis review to discrimination based on sexual orientation. You already have 4 Justices that will have zero problem putting LGBTQ issues at rational basis review or affording no protections based on sexual orientation. It is certainly not safe right now to say the current state of the law favors LGBTQ protections. The state of the law is unsettled and trending against LGBTQ rights. The dems fuck up with Hillary could end up setting our country back decades.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I don't think Trump or Pence changes those horrors from happening or not. Either one if they get another Supreme Court nomination is going to set the stage for legislative discrimination against LGBTQ people. As much as I despise Trump, I'll take him over a President that is as hostile to LGBTQ rights as Pence. Pence makes DHO and Nelson look progressive towards the LGBTQ community.

The current state of the law is that the Supreme Court completely punted on the level of scrutiny that should be afforded discrimination based on sexual orientation in Obergefell v Hodges. The result in Obergefell is great, the opinion is terrible and may end up hurting LGBTQ rights in the long term.

It is still completely unsettled what level of scrutiny is going to be afforded discrimination based on sexual orientation at a federal level. If Ginsburg dies while Trump or Pence is in office there is going to be seismic shift. The next case that involves discrimination based on sexual orientation could feasibly end up applying rational basis review to discrimination based on sexual orientation. You already have 4 Justices that will have zero problem putting LGBTQ issues at rational basis review or affording no protections based on sexual orientation. It is certainly not safe right now to say the current state of the law favors LGBTQ protections. The state of the law is unsettled and trending against LGBTQ rights. The dems fuck up with Hillary could end up setting our country back decades.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Fuck you.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yeah, but that's the point I'm making: Trump OR Pence are nominating the same people to SCOTUS. Basically, whoever the Federalist Society allows them to.

But, Trump is so much worse than Pence in any number of areas (filling the swamp, declaring national emergencies, dismembering hookers, etc). I don't love Pence, but I would love him a whole lot more than Trump.

Comment

• Pence worse than Trump? That's funny.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Pence worse than Trump? That's funny.
                            I hear it a lot (from libtards, mostly). I think it is stupid.

Comment

This is a masterful post as it insists the stated position is not hyperbolic by giving hyperbolic examples.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Funk is demonstrating what I think is the actual long term negative effect of the trump tenure as president. Trump engenders such disgust that people can no longer distinguish between reasoned disagreements and disgusting people. There can be no question that Pence will say and seek to do many things that will upset the left. But he is not a disgusting and vile person. Before Trump, Biden could say Pence is a decent guy and no one would bat an eye. But now everyone is so worked up over everything, so immersed in chaos as the new normal, that they are unable to make that distinction; anyone who disagrees should be shamed, shouted at, ridiculed and treated like, well, like Trump. The long slide of american public discourse from dignity to indecency is seemingly complete.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X