Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm on board with Rand Paul who, despite his dopey and hypocritical rip on Romney [note correct spelling], has described Trump as a "delusional narcissist" and "an orange-faced wind-bag." I concede the foregoing descriptions, though demonstrably true, are not impeachable offenses.
    You know who has great hair? Mitt Romney.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      I'm on board with Congresswoman @RashidaTlaib...

and congressman Hank Johnson.

But maybe RMomney, AKA. Mr. Decency, will make folks to tone down their language a bit...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.4ecd84da3b7c

RMoney is no fun.
      Whoops!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        I'm on board with Congresswoman @RashidaTlaib...
        Congress needs some good ol'-fashioned Taiwan-Parliament-style brawls. Just make sure the chairs are bolted to the floor.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          You know who has great hair? Mitt Romney.
          True! Still, looked like he went a little heavy with the Brylcreem on his most recent appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Congress needs some good ol'-fashioned Taiwan-Parliament-style brawls. Just make sure the chairs are bolted to the floor.
            what about 1850's US Congress Brawls?

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• I saw something on Twitter today that either Trump is finished, or Buzzfeed is. If there really is corroborating evidence of Trump personally directing Cohen to lie to congress, he will be impeached. If there isn't an email or text trail that the reporter alludes to, he may still be impeached, but Buzzfeed will be history. As it should be if an editor published the story without solid evidence to back it up.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                I saw something on Twitter today that either Trump is finished, or Buzzfeed is. If there really is corroborating evidence of Trump personally directing Cohen to lie to congress, he will be impeached. If there isn't an email or text trail that the reporter alludes to, he may still be impeached, but Buzzfeed will be history. As it should be if an editor published the story without solid evidence to back it up.
                Yeah, this is yuge.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I don't doubt Trump told Cohen to lie and to do all sorts of other illegal or unethical stuff over the years, but I'll be very surprised if (even) Trump was so stupid as to put such instructions in writing. But perhaps it's on one of the tapes? I've heard there's precedent for presidents getting the boot as the result of a tape recording.

Comment

I don't doubt Trump told Cohen to lie and to do all sorts of other illegal or unethical stuff over the years, but I'll be very surprised if (even) Trump was so stupid as to put such instructions in writing. But perhaps it's on one of the tapes? I've heard there's precedent for presidents getting the boot as the result of a tape recording.

https://www.wired.com/story/trump-im...mueller-cohen/

"1. Mueller has the receipts. According to Buzzfeed, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators have more than Cohen’s word to support the claim. In fact, the lead instead originated with documents and witnesses inside the Trump Organization, a great sign of how much visibility Mueller has into the private business world of Donald Trump pre-presidency.

Remember that Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg received immunity from prosecutors and is cooperating. To have both your company's accountant and your personal fixer—Cohen—turn on you usually is criminally fatal. This report from BuzzFeed, as rich in detail as it is, probably represents just the tip of the iceberg of Mueller’s knowledge."

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      https://www.wired.com/story/trump-im...mueller-cohen/

"1. Mueller has the receipts. According to Buzzfeed, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators have more than Cohen’s word to support the claim. In fact, the lead instead originated with documents and witnesses inside the Trump Organization, a great sign of how much visibility Mueller has into the private business world of Donald Trump pre-presidency.

Remember that Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg received immunity from prosecutors and is cooperating. To have both your company's accountant and your personal fixer—Cohen—turn on you usually is criminally fatal. This report from BuzzFeed, as rich in detail as it is, probably represents just the tip of the iceberg of Mueller’s knowledge."
                      This is getting interesting, although I'll await Trump's next few tweets for a more balanced view of things. His most recent tweets (three hours ago), more like "bleats", are "America First!" and "Make America Great Again!", suggesting he's running out of material.

Comment

• This stuff is more scandalous than Watergate especially when you include Russia. It will be tragic if Mueller’s report is either suppressed or erroneously viewed as some sort of inkblot where people dismiss all the evidence because they are of the same party as Trump.

Trump’s actions are far from nothingburgers.

Comment

This is getting interesting, although I'll await Trump's next few tweets for a more balanced view of things. His most recent tweets (three hours ago), more like "bleats", are "America First!" and "Make America Great Again!", suggesting he's running out of material.
                          https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/polit...sia/index.html

"It's hard to overstate what a big deal that is. No other major outlets have confirmed the BuzzFeed report. But if the BuzzFeed report is right, then the President of the United States directed an underling to lie under oath -- which is, in and of itself, a crime.

Don't take my word for it. Check out this exchange between Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Attorney General nominee William Barr during his confirmation hearings earlier this week (hat tip to Washington Post's Jacqueline Alemany for flagging):

Klobuchar: The President persuading a person to commit perjury would be obstruction, is that right?
                          Barr: Well, yes. Well, any person who persuades another to -- yeah."

Klobuchar: "You also said that a President or any person convincing a witness to change testimony would be obstruction, is that right?

Barr: Yes."

Which, well, that was sort of on point, no?

Ask yourself this: Why, if there was nothing worrisome or untoward about Trump's dealings with Russia, would he instruct Cohen to lie about the depth and breadth of the conversations between the Trumps and the Russians regarding a potential construction project in Moscow? You don't have to lie or cover up things that are no big deal, right?"

Comment

• Today feels like a full course meal of justice. This feels so great. The b*tch should have been a better student of my posts!

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              This stuff is more scandalous than Watergate especially when you include Russia. It will be tragic if Mueller’s report is either suppressed or erroneously viewed as some sort of inkblot where people dismiss all the evidence because they are of the same party as Trump.

Trump’s actions are far from nothingburgers.
                              I heard some interesting analysis the other day about Barr's answers to the Senate about that. They seem to have been crafted so as to only appear as though it would be made public. The key was in how he said something like how he would make all of it public within existing regulations. What some people might miss about that is that it's a current DOJ regulation that you don't indict a sitting president. But it's also standard practice, although I'm not sure if it's a formal regulation that you don't publicly trash people who aren't indicted. Nice loop there.

It's not going to work, IMO. The truth will come out in other ways, at the very least because the House is going to subpoena everything. And Trump can be impeached on what just came out today about telling Cohen to lie to the Senate if true.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 01-18-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if this point has been hashed out here, but somebody inside is feeding Mueller. It's been reported, according to people he's deposed, that he 'knows everything.' Probably because the counterintelligence on Trump conducted by the FBI for the past two years is ongoing. I think that's why the majority of the focus of the subjects of Mueller's specific piece have been pre-election (Cohen, manafort, etc.), with Mueller directly accessing current FBI intelligence; that's why we haven't seen active members of the administration subpoena'd yet. Getting an indictment to stick is a delicate art in evidentiary procedure. Everything's going to line up first, then the trap door's snapping open under Trump's feet. That's the way I see it.

Last edited by Commando; 01-18-2019, 12:25 PM.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X