Social Media Outrage/Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Where would you live to get away from the xenophobia? Seems like it’s everywhere. France is terrible about it. Sure, they let in more immigrants but they stick them in public housing developments (slums) and treat them like third class non-citizens.
    Nah, I'm not sure you can. But I've been around the world and there are a lot of special places. We are taught pretty heavily here in schools, etc that this is the only special place because of these loose concepts of freedom, etc. Just in case we forgot that Jesus isn't an American and would only speak English to condescend to us.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Nah, I'm not sure you can. But I've been around the world and there are a lot of special places. We are taught pretty heavily here in schools, etc that this is the only special place because of these loose concepts of freedom, etc. Just in case we forgot that Jesus isn't an American and would only speak English to condescend to us.
      Also taught that in church

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Also taught that in church
        Yeah. People seem to remember that teaching but conveniently forget the one that talks about God drawing the righteous to this continent from the four corners of the Earth when they find out the people coming are brown.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Navratilova. Not woke.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Navratilova. Not woke.
            I saw that. Ridiculous.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              I saw that. Ridiculous.
              Transphobe!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                I saw that. Ridiculous.
                This "girl" wrestler agrees with you. Navratilova is seriously uninformed.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Navratilova. Not woke.
                  Her comments attracted criticism across social media. “We’re pretty devastated to discover that Martina Navratilova is transphobic,” tweeted the rights group Trans Actual. “If trans women had an advantage in sport, why aren’t trans women winning gold medals left, right and centre?”
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Pretty solid logic there, eh?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• If you're going to argue transsexual athletic rights on their merits, Navratilova is not the person you should be attacking. She has been a pioneer for gay rights, long before it was woke to support them.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Navratilova. Not woke.
                        Paula Radcliffe tends to agree with her.

I agree with Paula, but she picked the wrong athlete to say this about (Caster).
                        Last edited by myboynoah; 02-21-2019, 02:04 PM.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I agree with Paula, but she picked the wrong athlete to say this about (Caster).
                          Trans rights will destroy women's sports as we know it. It's just a matter of a decade or two. Navratilova sees what is painfully obvious. But too bad she's not woke enough to keep it to herself.

Oh, you got cut by the Men's bball team at college? Just switch to the ladies side. Boom. Dominate in ladies college bball and then wreck WNBA players! Hello Subaru endorsement. Ka-ching! The WNBA would be particularly well suited for a trans-takeover. Half the fans are ladies that can be mistaken for men.

Comment

Trans rights will destroy women's sports as we know it. It's just a matter of a decade or two. Navratilova sees what is painfully obvious. But too bad she's not woke enough to keep it to herself.

Oh, you got cut by the Men's bball team at college? Just switch to the ladies side. Boom. Dominate in ladies college bball and then wreck WNBA players! Hello Subaru endorsement. Ka-ching! The WNBA would be particularly well suited for a trans-takeover. Half the fans are ladies that can be mistaken for men.
                            It really demands that we decide what women's sports are. I find it hard to accept that they should be a celebration of the best athletes that choose to call themselves women.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• I missed the Academy Awards telecast last night. So how many Jussie Smollett jokes were made?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                I missed the Academy Awards telecast last night. So how many Jussie Smollett jokes were made?
                                Not many. Not even one, by my count. Of course, the Oscars didn't have a host this year, so there were just the presenters and a couple musical performances. I did notice they let the winners take all night to give their acceptance speeches.

Comment

Working...
                                X