Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    How is the electorate supposed to factor it into their decision without having any of the information? If they find out a candidate's income or wealth depends greatly on doing business in a certain part of the world, that's fine as long as they know. But that isn't the case with Trump in any way because he refused to disclose anything. In fact, we found out later he actively lied about some of it (Trump Tower Moscow).
    I think we all agree we'd like to see transparency with our candidates and elected officials.

But are you suggesting that Congress needs to vet the candidates via the law that allows them to look at their taxes? Or maybe that we change the disclosure requirements for candidates to be more thorough? I'm not clear what exactly you're advocating for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I think we all agree we'd like to see transparency with our candidates and elected officials.

But are you suggesting that Congress needs to vet the candidates via the law that allows them to look at their taxes? Or maybe that we change the disclosure requirements for candidates to be more thorough? I'm not clear what exactly you're advocating for.
      Because of Trump’s financial empire, he’s unusual but if some other candidate had a similar situation (and no we have not had yet) we’d deserve and need to know).
      Last edited by frank ryan; 05-02-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• At least 7 foreign countries rented apartments in Trump Tower. Probably violating the emoluments clause of the constitution.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKCN1S80PP

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Ideally more transparency before the election about where their money is coming from. Not specifically just taxes per se. My interest is primarily related to foreign sources of income to understand any potential conflict of interest when it comes to foreign policy decisions. I don't think that's too much to ask. You can tell the voter not to vote for someone he thinks isn't transparent enough. But the flip side of that is telling the candidate he doesn't have to run if he doesn't want to disclose certain information.

Comment

A voter doesn't always know what future US foreign policy is going to be and to what extent it might be influenced by a candidate's personal business dealings without anything being disclosed. Of course they can still vote against it. Others, like you would rather not know.
            I assume you have better reasoning skills then those displayed by concluding that I would "rather not know."

You have raised a few possible entanglements for Trump: Saudi Arabia and Russia. Are you honestly suggesting that neither of these nations were on any foreign policy radars prior to the 2016 election? Anyone who didn't know about them wasn't paying attention. Are there specific changes you think we need to to the financial disclosures already required?

Bear in mind, if there is some specific factual basis to conclude there is or might probably be self-dealing or some other crime being committed, then it might be worth a subpoena or an investigation. But you are not getting that from his tax return (unless you think there actually might be a Saudi W-2). But I am not persuaded that it is a good idea to these processes allow to be used simply because we think the sitting president is a sleaze, which we also thought before, but now we are really serious about it and the democrats have the majority.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Ideally more transparency before the election about where their money is coming from. Not specifically just taxes per se. My interest is primarily related to foreign sources of income to understand any potential conflict of interest when it comes to foreign policy decisions. I don't think that's too much to ask. You can tell the voter not to vote for someone he thinks isn't transparent enough. But the flip side of that is telling the candidate he doesn't have to run if he doesn't want to disclose certain information.
              Look at this requirement for disclosure that is in place already. What would you change?

https://www.oge.gov/Web/278eGuide.nsf
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Look at this requirement for disclosure that is in place already. What would you change?

I already told PAC about this and he gave me some dumb response that it isn’t enough. BlueK will never be happy until trump is out of office. This isn’t about transparency, it’s about getting him out of office.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I already told PAC about this and he gave me some dumb response that it isn’t enough. BlueK will never be happy until trump is out of office. This isn’t about transparency, it’s about getting him out of office.
                  well, at least I'm not faking neutrality.

He isn't a good president and I do worry about what he's doing, but it's clearly a sensitive topic for some. Maybe I'll just go away for a while.

Comment

well, at least I'm not faking neutrality.

He isn't a good president and I do worry about what he's doing, but it's clearly a sensitive topic for some. Maybe I'll just go away for a while.
                    And who is faking neutrality? The same people that are supposedly saying Trump is beyond reproach?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

You guys are sadistic if you expect me to parse the CFR to edit the disclosure requirements. But having devoted <one minute to the section on Liabilities, I'll note that the instruction regarding debt reads: "You must report your own liabilities and those of your spouse and dependent children." Note the "your own." I didn't see, within the time I allotted myself, any reference to debts of entities the reporting person might be involved with.

I'd add the following to the end of that sentence: ", or any corporation, partnership, limited liability company or other entity of which you are an Affiliate." I'd apply the same Affiliate definition as is used with the '33 Act. Given that Trump's report had sixteen line items of debt, on a single page (this was mentioned in my apparently dumb response to Moliere), while reporting ownership of hundreds of businesses, I'd expect there is a lot of unreported obligations and liabilities.

And yes, we can exclude routine trade payables, but I'd likely include any obligation > $100K.

Comment

• PAC, BK: Hillary has a solution for you...

Makes good sense... The Dems are already in bed with the Chinese. They just have to call Feinstein's "office director" to get it done.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          You guys are sadistic if you expect me to parse the CFR to edit the disclosure requirements. But having devoted <one minute to the section on Liabilities, I'll note that the instruction regarding debt reads: "You must report your own liabilities and those of your spouse and dependent children." Note the "your own." I didn't see, within the time I allotted myself, any reference to debts of entities the reporting person might be involved with.

I'd add the following to the end of that sentence: ", or any corporation, partnership, limited liability company or other entity of which you are an Affiliate." I'd apply the same Affiliate definition as is used with the '33 Act. Given that Trump's report had sixteen line items of debt, on a single page (this was mentioned in my apparently dumb response to Moliere), while reporting ownership of hundreds of businesses, I'd expect there is a lot of unreported obligations and liabilities.

And yes, we can exclude routine trade payables, but I'd likely include any obligation > $100K.
                          I guess your suggestion would clear up some ambiguity, but given the existing requirements for income disclosure, including ownership of stocks or trusts or various interests, it seems like it would be pretty hard to hide connections to any organizations that might be up to no good. And even so, the information you are asking for may or may not be spelled out on his personal tax form. But i'll defer to you business types.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• LOL... How much are these Dem Dummies getting paid to down a bucket of KFC on live TV?

Untitled.jpg

And when did KFC start putting that fancy chicken on top for their buckets?
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sounds like Trump and Putin spoke by phone and discussed the Mueller report. Super fucking normal behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Sounds like Trump and Putin spoke by phone and discussed the Mueller report. Super fucking normal behavior.
                                I am guessing Drumpf just want to let him know that we weren’t going to bomb them now since Mueller didn’t find any collusion. That would be the proper thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone and not some dumb Chinese android POS.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X