No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm satisfied with Trump's determination (although I'd like Hannity to weigh in, just to be certain). Why shouldn't Trump believe a Russian strongman's word over that of his own intelligence services? Had Putin and the Russians interfered, I'm sure that, if asked, Vlad would have bowed his head guiltily and fessed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
      Okay, maybe it's just more dumb than funny.
      Is there a Trump crowd here? I think everyone dislikes him, the only disagreement is how bad he is, or maybe more accurately, how much harm he will do.
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

It's funny how the Trump crowd on here seems completely oblivious to how usually deferential Trump is to Russia and Putin. He treats them with respect he offers to no one else.
        A couple of questions:

1. Who is in this "Trump crowd" you refer to?
        2. Who, exactly, to you think is being "completely oblivious" and about what? If you can point to a post where anyone in this thread has been "completely oblivious" (make sure to include your own posts in your review!) that would be nice.
        3. What, precisely, is the deference you are referring to? Are you talking about shaking Putin's hand at the summit? Is this a specific policy? How to you comparatively evaluate relative deference, anyway? How does Trump's "deference" towards Russia compare to prior administrations such as Obama or either Bush or Clinton?

OTOH if all you wanted to do was let us know that you feel smug about something, no worries, as thats pretty much what we all do around here.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

How deferential is suspiciously deferential to Putin/Russia? This much?

Or this much?

Last edited by Crockett; 11-11-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            A couple of questions:

1. Who is in this "Trump crowd" you refer to?
            2. Who, exactly, to you think is being "completely oblivious" and about what? If you can point to a post where anyone in this thread has been "completely oblivious" (make sure to include your own posts in your review!) that would be nice.
            3. What, precisely, is the deference you are referring to? Are you talking about shaking Putin's hand at the summit? Is this a specific policy? How to you comparatively evaluate relative deference, anyway? How does Trump's "deference" towards Russia compare to prior administrations such as Obama or either Bush or Clinton?

OTOH if all you wanted to do was let us know that you feel smug about something, no worries, as thats pretty much what we all do around here.
            Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. You're always normalizing everything Trump does. It's a pity I'm not able to ignore you because you are a mod because I'm really tired of your antics.
            Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• You guys are funny. Of course there is a trump crowd here. Some are out and some are still pretending to be in the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. You're always normalizing everything Trump does. It's a pity I'm not able to ignore you because you are a mod because I'm really tired of your antics.
                See The difference? difference in what? I see a lot of differences in foreign policies between adminstrations as to Russia and other nations. IN and of itself that isn't improper. The question here is what is the deference that you think so obviously reeks of impropriety? And what, exactly, am I normalizing? You're the one that said some unspecified group (apparently including me) failed to see the "deference" with which Trump treats Putin and Russia that he does not show to anyone else. What are you talking about? What deference, exactly? It's not too much to ask you to describe what you are talking about, unless all you want to do is let us know you feel smugly superior about seeing it when some other group of us (which does at least include me) fails to see it.

And you are tired of my antics? Like calling you Captain Condescending? Oh, wait, that's what you did to me. Like claiming you are part of a group too stupid to understand something that you won't describe? Oh, thats right, that was you again. Like pushing back when you state pejorative conclusions based on implied but unstated premises? Yes, that is me. You are always free to ignore me. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you reply.

So how about it? What is this 'deference' that you are talking about? I may be very stupid (and I know this because others say so) but I am curious what you are talking about.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  You guys are funny. Of course there is a trump crowd here. Some are out and some are still pretending to be in the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Becasue I think Frank;'s conclusion is not nearly so obvious as he does it puts me in the "Trump Crowd?" So maybe you will tell me. WHat is the 'defernce'? What does that even mean?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I'm satisfied with Trump's determination (although I'd like Hannity to weigh in, just to be certain). Why shouldn't Trump believe a Russian strongman's word over that of his own intelligence services? Had Putin and the Russians interfered, I'm sure that, if asked, Vlad would have bowed his head guiltily and fessed up.
                    Maybe it is because the Russian strongman...

- told us in front of the United Nations that Saddam Hussein had “weapons of mass destruction"?

- told us they would not and did not tap into Americans’ personal telephone calls and internet accounts?

- knew about the Al Qaeda plot (with 95% to 98% certainty) to hijack passenger jets and use them as guided missiles before 911 but did nothing about it?

- testified falsely in 257 of 268 cases that resulted in convictions in the 1980's and 90's (12 resulted in executions) and seem to always be doing illegal wiretaps?

Given this and everything else we know I am sure with every fiber of my being that it was the Russians hackers that made Hillary not campaign in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. and lose all those states to Drumpf!
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Thanks Captain Condescending. If you can't grasp the difference I see little value in trying to have a substantive discussion with you. .
                      This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        This is borderline hilarious as so little of what you post about Trump has substance. Mostly it's reminiscent of they type of crap (throw anything and everything against the wall hoping something will stick) the alt-right folks posted during Obama's tenure as President. Feel free to keep going Frank as I'm sure everything ultimately came out ok for The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
                        Out of the closet!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Becasue I think Frank;'s conclusion is not nearly so obvious as he does it puts me in the "Trump Crowd?" So maybe you will tell me. WHat is the 'defernce'? What does that even mean?
                          I don’t know what is going on with you but you are even more tightly wound than usual lately.

Comment

I don’t know what is going on with you but you are even more tightly wound than usual lately.
                            So I gather you can’t tell me either?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'm a lukewarm supporter but I voted for the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Quick contact Mueller and tell him to pack it in and move on! Putin already told Trump he didn't do anything, what was I thinking?!

You realize all your post about this topic are insults directed at me, and remarks about Trump living rent free in people's heads, and attempts at gas-lighting? If you can stop channeling your inner-high-school-bully for a minute you might realize you're a non-contributer.
                                Last edited by frank ryan; 11-11-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X