No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I have been watching a lot of TV today, I have been flipping between Fox, CNN and MSNBC coverage of the release of the memo. All I can say is a pox on all their houses.

The memo is not a flattering portrait of Justice, and it smells pretty bad, but it is also not foundation shaking nor is releasing it a threat to our constitution and American way of life. I lament the loss of good journalism. I was watching when NBC broke into morning coverage to inform us that the memo had been released. They discussed the memo dispute background, gave a very brief summary of its contents, and then asserted all of the possible consequences that might flow from its release, focusing on Rosentein's possible termination. Not once--NOT ONCE--did they mention that the DNC or HRC's campaign funded the substantial part of the Steele dossier. How could they not at least mention it? By the time this is all over, which I think will include the release of the democratic response, I think it will be a lot of kerfuffle over nothing. We will be left with an understanding that a lot of people, especially democrats, really dislike Trump. It does absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell, to advance or thwart the Russia investigation (although it might call into question if they were really after Page when they bugged Trump's office). But I doubt that we will get much else.

The media really needs to stop foaming at the mouth over every thing Trump says or may have done wrong. It just hurts their credibility. They should focus on actually reporting news and dig into some fo the things that might really be improper (like the russian spy visits Frank posted about). Now, they squawk so much that they that they are drowning themselves out.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      You should peruse this.

It spite of your all-around brilliance let me help you out:

Frank Ryan freaks out about Trump despite mounting evidence that his fears are in vain. In spite of your pronouncement of my wrongfulness it is indeed confirmation bias. Trump threads are littered with examples.
      Shaka criticizes FR
      Larry David comes after Shaka.

Clockwork
      Mounting evidence that Trump is in the clear? You're deluded. The sum of your involvement in this thread is to insult and gaslight. It would be nice to hear a thoughtful opinion from you.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Because I have been watching a lot of TV today, I have been flipping between Fox, CNN and MSNBC coverage of the release of the memo. All I can say is a pox on all their houses.

The memo is not a flattering portrait of Justice, and it smells pretty bad, but it is also not foundation shaking nor is releasing it a threat to our constitution and American way of life. I lament the loss of good journalism. I was watching when NBC broke into morning coverage to inform us that the memo had been released. They discussed the memo dispute background, gave a very brief summary of its contents, and then asserted all of the possible consequences that might flow from its release, focusing on Rosentein's possible termination. Not once--NOT ONCE--did they mention that the DNC or HRC's campaign funded the substantial part of the Steele dossier. How could they not at least mention it? By the time this is all over, which I think will include the release of the democratic response, I think it will be a lot of kerfuffle over nothing. We will be left with an understanding that a lot of people, especially democrats, really dislike Trump. It does absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell, to advance or thwart the Russia investigation (although it might call into question if they were really after Page when they bugged Trump's office). But I doubt that we will get much else.

The media really needs to stop foaming at the mouth over every thing Trump says or may have done wrong. It just hurts their credibility. They should focus on actually reporting news and dig into some fo the things that might really be improper (like the russian spy visits Frank posted about). Now, they squawk so much that they that they are drowning themselves out.
        Let me answer this for Hillary...

Yeah, she still lost to the worst candidate to walk the face of this Earth. Hillary 2020!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Mounting evidence that Trump is in the clear? You're deluded. The sum of your involvement in this thread is to insult and gaslight. It would be nice to hear a thoughtful opinion from you.
          Suuuuure Frank. I psychologically manipulate you all the time. It's what I live for. Also which of us has actually lobbed actually name calling insults at the other? Hint: not me.

I've given thoughtful opinion. You dismiss it because it doesn't match your bias.

Comment

• From conservative outfit Redstate.com:

A Significant Inaccuracy In #TheMemo Calls Its Credibility Into Question

Amid all the excitement over the Devin Nunes #TheMemo, it is important to remember that it is a partisan summary of FISA warrant applications that we the People have not been allowed to see. And in determining whether you trust Nunes’s summary, it might be relevant that it inaccurately summarizes something that is public record: James Comey’s testimony in 2017 regarding whether the allegations in the memo had been verified.

Got that? Nunes claims that James Comey testified in June 2017 that “the Steele dossier” was “salacious and unverified.” The claim is not that a particular portion of the dossier is salacious and unverified. The claim is that Comey testified that the dossier (“it”) is salacious and unverified. That’s what Nunes says in the memo excerpt above.

And it’s not true. That’s not James Comey’s testimony.

I already examined this issue exhaustively in a post from January 2, rebutting a similar allegation made by Andrew C. McCarthy. Refer to that post for more detail, which I will summarize here. As I noted, Comey was specifically asked whether the FBI had confirmed any criminal allegations in the dossier, and he refused to answer the question in an open setting. Here is one example from the transcript:

BURR: In the public domain is this question of the “Steele dossier,” a document that has been around out in for over a year. I’m not sure when the FBI first took possession of it, but the media had it before you had it and we had it. At the time of your departure from the FBI, was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the Steele document?

COMEY: Mr. Chairman, I don’t think that’s a question I can answer in an open setting because it goes into the details of the investigation.

Had Comey specifically said in closed session that nothing in the dossier had been verified, you’d be reading about it in this environment of politicized intelligence. But you’re not reading that, are you? Why do you suppose that is?

Later in his testimony, Comey referred to certain material as “salacious and unverified” — but he later implied that there were parts of the dossier that were verified and parts that were not.

Comment

• This memo thing has brought out the epitome of politics in America. It’s incredible to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                From conservative outfit Redstate.com:

A Significant Inaccuracy In #TheMemo Calls Its Credibility Into Question
                So Comey said that (part of) the dossier was "salacious and unverified" (which brings question to the entire dossier) but said, "F*ck it, let use for the FISA application anyway!"? Got it.

We know what the dossier says: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html

We know that parts of the dossier are true:

(1) Page met with representatives of Rosneft. Page admitted to this. If he has committed a crime why isn't he in jail rather than suing Yahoo, Buzzfeed, and most likely now the DoJ?

(2) Russians tricked American activists on the far-right and left to attend protests. OK, just proves we have dumbasses in American that will believe anything. The Russians most likely laughed their asses off after tricking the American dumbasses

(3) Drumpf and Azerbaijans have done business together. Bill Clinton also was paid a crap load of money to give a speech in Russia. So what?

I haven't seen anything about the other parts of the dossier being true. Maybe I missed something. Did the "pee tape" show up yet?
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  This memo thing has brought out the epitome of politics in America. It’s incredible to watch.
                  I find it funny that yesterday the dems claimed releasing the memo would destroy national security and how the FBI had "grave concerns"... Today after it was released they are all saying it is now a "nothing burger" and it was a "dud". It is like they didn't even read it (either before or after it was released). This just shows the state our government is in. Time to vote for 3rd party candidates (especially libertarians).

Also, what happened to all the dems that use to be civil libertarians? I think they are all gone.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/statu...0%7Ctwterm%5E0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Carter Page Touted Kremlin Contacts in 2013 Letter

Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page bragged that he was an adviser to the Kremlin in a letter obtained by TIME that raises new questions about the extent of Page’s contacts with the Russian government over the years.

The letter, dated Aug. 25, 2013, was sent by Page to an academic press during a dispute over edits to an unpublished manuscript he had submitted for publication, according to an editor who worked with Page.

“Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin in preparation for their Presidency of the G-20 Summit next month, where energy issues will be a prominent point on the agenda,” the letter reads.

Page is at the center of a controversial memo from Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, released this week. The Nunes memo claims that in Oct. 2016 the FBI improperly received court permission to spy on Page, whom Trump had named as an adviser to his campaign in March 2016. The Nunes memo says the FBI based its request for eavesdropping permission on information provided by former British spy Christopher Steele while Steele was working for Democrats.

House Democrats, the FBI and the Justice Department have all raised questions about what they say are omissions and misleading analysis in the Nunes memo. They argue the FBI presented multiple pieces of evidence, beyond the Steele dossier, in their request for a warrant against Page from the secretive FISA court. But President Donald Trump argued after declassifying the memo that it showed that “a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves.”

At the heart of the debate is the question of who, exactly, is Carter Page. Trump’s defenders argue that he was simply a low-level consultant to the campaign who has overstated his role as an adviser as well as his Russian contacts. The Steele dossier claims that during a trip to Moscow in July 2016, Page held secret meetings with a senior Kremlin official and a senior Putin ally that included conversations about helping Trump and hurting Hillary Clinton in the presidential campaign. The Steele dossier does not identify its sources and Page has denied any wrongdoing.
                      http://time.com/5132126/carter-page-russia-2013-letter/

Comment

• that's the funny thing about the memo--if it turns out carter page is dirty (which it seems like he is given the circumstantial evidence), then claiming that it was an abuse of discretion doesn't make sense
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Trump is reportedly talking about asking Attorney General Sessions to prosecute special counsel Mueller

President Donald Trump has been talking to his friends about possibly asking Attorney General Jeff Sessions to prosecute Robert Mueller, the special counsel overseeing the Russia probe, and his team, NBC News reported.

The revelation appears in a news analysis piece written by Howard Fineman, an NBCNews.com contributor and an analyst for MSNBC.

Fineman quotes an unnamed Trump advisor as saying: "Here's how it would work: 'We're sorry, Mr. Mueller, you won't be able to run the federal grand jury today because he has to go testify to another federal grand jury.'"

It's unclear what charges Mueller could possibly face in such a situation.

An unidentified friend of Trump added, according to the article: "I think [the president has] been convinced that firing Mueller would not only create a firestorm, it would play right into Mueller's hands ... because it would give Mueller the moral high ground."

The White House did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.
                          https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/30/trum...boolainternala

Comment

• No wonder Joe liked Obama...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 'Very possible' GOP congressman 'coordinated with the White House' on Russia memo: Democratic rep

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee said he thinks “it’s very possible” that staff of GOP Committee Chair Devin Nunes “worked with the White House and coordinated the whole effort” to declassify and release a GOP memo alleging abuses of government surveillance powers at the FBI and Justice Department.

“I think it's very possible his staff worked with the White House and coordinated the whole effort with the White House,” Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on “This Week” Sunday.

Stephanopoulos asked if such an allegation of coordination could be used to claim an attempt to obstruct justice in the Russia investigation.

Schiff replied, "I don't know whether members of Congress can be part of an obstruction case ... but the president’s use of this, the president’s decision, for example, ‘I’m going to release the memo even though the FBI says it’s inaccurate, even though the Department of Justice says it’s reckless’ ... That could be evidence of the president’s intent to interfere with the investigation."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-c...ry?id=52818825

Comment

• So, if you don't clap, it's treason. Mein gott.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X