Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    There's a federal law (26 U.S, Code Sec.6103) that empowers the House Ways & Means Committee to obtain from the IRS copies of any tax returns it wishes to review, including those of the President. I'm not sure it's ever been invoked, but Congressional Dems are acting under that law to demand Trump's returns. I suspect this will be adjudicated in the coming months, which is why I was less than emphatic (hence, the waffley "less true") in my earlier crack.
    I am hoping they use this law so the supreme court can strike down it... or make it so everyone that holds public office has to make their tax returns public. All or nothing.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I really want to know what's behind all the Trump- Putin hand jobs. Maybe his finances will offer a clue. Interesting how in Jimmy Carter's day, a president-elect would sell something as benign as say-- a peanut farm just to avoid the look of impropriety. This turgid orange scrotum is clearly clearly still trying to keep Trump, Inc. interests afloat and even profitable and benefit directly from his presidency.
      Dude, the Mueller report said no collusion... try to keep up.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Dude, the Mueller report said no collusion... try to keep up.
        lol. 1. No it didn't. 2. I'm not describing collusion.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          I am hoping they use this law so the supreme court can strike down it... or make it so everyone that holds public office has to make their tax returns public. All or nothing.

It will be quite entertaining to see Trump's meltdown when some of these kinds of challenges are ruled not in Trump's favor by the same justices he put there.

Comment

• Ever vigilant “libertarian” Ted continues to be favor of as little accountability on the part of this administration as possible. Uncle Q is the worst political cosplayer ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Ever vigilant “libertarian” Ted continues to be favor of as little accountability on the part of this administration as possible. Uncle Q is the worst political cosplayer ever.
              And you seem to be advocating that a person can be required to disclose whatever private records or financial information the legislature wants, simply because "there might be something there."

If there's probable cause and some reason for records to be disclosed - then great. If not - that's just silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                But that would all be disclosed in his financial disclosure, which is publicly available. That’s what makes the request seem like a phishing expedition.
                His report as a candidate (I baven't looked at later reports, but assume they're similar) is over 100 pages long, listing many hundreds of assets, the stated value of which is very vague which the disclosure requirements allow. But only one page, with a mere sixteen line items, reports his liabilities. I'm skeptical that the report provides a complete look into Trump's financial obligations, especially since the guy has made a living off of Other People's Money.

I've detested Trump since the '80s when The Art of Deal was published and I learned why so many skilled business people in NYC regarded him with justified derision and disdain. I admit to being motivated more by a desire to expose Trump as the self-promoting con man that he is, rather than by some nobler goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  His report as a candidate (I baven't looked at later reports, but assume they're similar) is over 100 pages long, listing many hundreds of assets, the stated value of which is very vague which the disclosure requirements allow. But only one page, with a mere sixteen line items, reports his liabilities. I'm skeptical that the report provides a complete look into Trump's financial obligations, especially since the guy has made a living off of Other People's Money.

I've detested Trump since the '80s when The Art of Deal was published and I learned why so many skilled business people in NYC regarded him with justified derision and disdain. I admit to being motivated more by a desire to expose Trump as the self-promoting con man that he is, rather than by some nobler goal.
                  Honestly, don't you think that anyone who is paying just a little bit of attention already sees him as a self-promoting con man? While I would enjoy watching Trump meet his comeuppance, I am not as sanguine over the prospect of establishing and mainstreaming means to attack the office of the President based upon the current democratic hate for Trump, which hate is, frankly, at times unreasonable and irrational.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• From today's hearing. This is kind of a funny exchange.

During an exchange with Democratic Sen. Cory Booker, Attorney General William Barr seemed to be unaware of one of the most intriguing and widely covered elements of the Russia investigation: The bombshell that Trump’s campaign chairman sent internal polls to a Russian oligarch close to Vladimir Putin.

Booker: (The Mueller report) is a document that shows over 200 connections between a presidential campaign and a foreign adversary. Sharing information that would be illegal if you did it with a super PAC, we know that.

Barr: What information was shared?

Booker: Polling data was shared, sir. It’s in the report, I can cite you the page.

Barr: With who?

The New Jersey senator then took things in a different direction, needling Barr for spinning on Mueller’s report. But it’s clear Booker was referring to how Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort provided internal campaign information to Konstantin Kilimnik, one of his Russian business associates. The FBI believes Kilimnik has ties to Russian intelligence agencies.

What the Mueller report said: “Manafort instructed Rick Gates, his deputy on the Campaign and a longtime employee, to provide Kilimnik with updates on the Trump Campaign -- including internal polling data, although Manafort claims not to recall that specific instruction. Manafort expected Kilimnik to share that information with others in Ukraine and with (Russian oligarch Oleg) Deripaska. Gates periodically sent such polling data to Kilimnik during the campaign.”

Booker, one of several Democratic senators on the committee who are running for president in 2020, later said Barr’s handling of the Mueller report has been “alarming.”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...327ce4abaa75b8

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Honestly, don't you think that anyone who is paying just a little bit of attention already sees him as a self-promoting con man? While I would enjoy watching Trump meet his comeuppance, I am not as sanguine over the prospect of establishing and mainstreaming means to attack the office of the President based upon the current democratic hate for Trump, which hate is, frankly, at times unreasonable and irrational.
                      I understand, perhaps even share, your lack of sanguinity, but I still want blood. BLOOD!

Comment

• Another funny exchange...

Barr educating Feinstein on obstruction of justice: "Well, that's not a crime" (lots of eye fluttering)

Feinstein: (crickets)

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "It is commonly used by me"... Barr doubles down using the term "spying":

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            I think where the US military is deployed, what they are doing there, and why, should not have any connection to the president's personal business deals with the heads of state of those countries. And if he's clear of any potential conflict of interest we should know that as well. I don't think that's irrational. That kind of disclosure and accountability from our leaders goes hand in hand with maintaining a free country. But it would be none of our business in a monarchy or other form of dictatorship.

For Saudi Arabia specifically, also we should keep in mind that Trump has bragged before about how much they spend at his hotels. I think that alone would make such an inquiry not an unfair and blind fishing expedition.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 05-01-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• OMG... Lindsey Graham dropped the F-bomb on live TV:

Spoiler for NSFW... F-BOMB!:

Well, at least he apologies to all the kids out there.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ted Cruz and William Barr nearly bust out laughing together about all the Dems' grandstanding...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X