Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Sorry, I mis-guessed on the typo.

I am not alarmed. Not yet. Let's see how it plays out.
    And I caught my latest typo. We don’t benefit from having one branch of government crippled in its ability to follow through with putting checks on another co-equal branch.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      And I caught my latest typo. We don’t benefit from having one branch of government crippled in its ability to follow through with putting checks on another co-equal branch.
      True, but that's a separate issue and not at all what is happening here. Look at it this way, even if the white house redacts NOTHING and the entire report is released to the public, it was still going to take some weeks of review to make sure that such a release wouldnt unduly impact witnesses or intelligence operations, etc. So why get all worked up now?

P.S. I would be one of the last to make fun of a typo. I just misunderstood.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        That's my own characterization. It's a 300 page report, right? I'm not happy with a 'nothing to see here' approach. Release it if you want the jackals to calm down- that's my view. If there's some shit in there you'd rather not release to the general public... yeah that's most likely. I am an American and I want to see what our public officials are up to.
        I believe I read it is a 700+ page report. They should just release it and all the supporting docs. I want to know how these Russian hackers cracked Podesta's super secure "password".
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey guys, does anyone remember if Janet Reno and Bill Clinton redacted parts of the Ken Starr report?

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone remember if Janet Reno and Bill Clinton redacted parts of the Ken Starr report?
            There was a new law put in place on how this would be handled to avoid the fiasco that was the Ken Starr report. The process is playing out exactly as the new law requires.

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone remember if Janet Reno and Bill Clinton redacted parts of the Ken Starr report?
              Unfortunately, no.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                There was a new law put in place on how this would be handled to avoid the fiasco that was the Ken Starr report. The process is playing out exactly as the new law requires.
                it's a DOJ reg that governs the special counsel, not technically a law passed by congress. What was in place previously that Ken Starr operated under was an actual law which they allowed to expire.

And there is nothing in the current special counsel rules that says the president looks at the report first. That's William Barr allowing that.

Comment

• Federal judge rules DOJ must hand over Comey memos

A federal judge ordered the FBI Thursday to turn over former Director James Comey’s memos, including the notes that he took during his infamous one-on-one meetings with President Trump.

Judge James E. Boasberg of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled in favor of CNN, USA Today, Judicial Watch, and other outlets, telling the DOJ that it must hand over the Comey memos to the court for review and possible public release.

The memos include the notes that Comey said he leaked to the media to spark the appointment of a special counsel.
                  [...]
                  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-comey-memos

Time to hedge on popcorn futures?
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    it's a DOJ reg that governs the special counsel, not technically a law passed by congress. What was in place previously that Ken Starr operated under was an actual law which they allowed to expire.

And there is nothing in the current special counsel rules that says the president looks at the report first. That's William Barr allowing that.
                    This article has the detail as to why the process is what it is. You are right, the old law expired and the rules were put in place by the AG at the time, Janet Reno.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...lame-ken-starr

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      This article has the detail as to why the process is what it is. You are right, the old law expired and the rules were put in place by the AG at the time, Janet Reno.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...lame-ken-starr
                      political battles are like wars: you are always prepared to fight the last one.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• It’ll be interesting to see what kind of rhetoric tough guy Trump uses concerning Russian soldiers on Venezuelan soil.

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of rhetoric tough guy Trump uses concerning Russian soldiers on Venezuelan soil.
                          Trump Administration Threatens Sanctions Against Russia for Meddling in Venezuela

President Donald Trump's special envoy to Venezuela warned that the administration could impose financial sanctions against Russia if it continues to meddle in Venezuela.
                          [...]
                          https://www.military.com/daily-news/...venezuela.html

Screw sanctions... we should bomb their planes sitting in Venezuela.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Wait, there are brown people that still have our oil?! Time to put together a "coalition of the willing" and start dropping some bombs.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Wait, there are brown people that still have our oil?! Time to put together a "coalition of the willing" and start dropping some bombs.
                              It's those damn Russians... They are after our oil! Do you think the UN will fall for it again?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sounds like Trump has changed his mind about getting the whole report out there. Makes no sense if there’s nothing bad in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X