No announcement yet.

Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny at the end when chairman Cummings exposed Jim Jordan's grandstanding statement about this being the committee's first hearing since the election as a lie. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Funny at the end when chairman Cummings exposed Jim Jordan's grandstanding statement about this being the committee's first hearing since the election as a lie. LOL.
      Jordan, as judged by his actions at Ohio State is no pinnacle of honesty.
      Last edited by frank ryan; 02-27-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• So I had the feed going when the committee chambers were clearing. WTF is the MAGA hat kid doing at the hearing?

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Maybe because that shit violated federal campaign laws and shows what a scumbag Trump is.
          I’m not shocked you don’t care.
          1) We already knew Trump was a scumbag.
          2) It's a stretch to say a hush payment is a violation of campaign finance law. That argument is being made but it has no precedent. Hush payments, on the other hand, have a very long history.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
            We already knew Trump was a scumbag.
            "Scumbag Trump" doesn't make a provocative thread title.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

1) We already knew Trump was a scumbag.
              2) It's a stretch to say a hush payment is a violation of campaign finance law. That argument is being made but it has no precedent. Hush payments, on the other hand, have a very long history.
              So if he's a scumbag I assume because he's done a lot of bad things. So if one of those things is ever proven to be a felony, should he get a pass for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                So I had the feed going when the committee chambers were clearing. WTF is the MAGA hat kid doing at the hearing?
                And where is his hat?!?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  "Scumbag Trump" doesn't make a provocative thread title.
                  I like it.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Jordan, as judged by his actions at Ohio State is no pinnacle of honesty.
                    I find it kind of funny how he tried to hammer that down a few times today about how horrible it was that they chose this to be the topic of their FIRST hearing, as though it's some massively persuasive point, which it isn't anyway. And then it was so easily disprovable because he would obviously know they had one just a few weeks ago about prescription drugs. Clearly it was only about recording a soundbite for the Fox audience and his district, but it tends to illustrate the corrupt intent of some of the GOP lawmakers at the moment who will defend anything Trump does, no matter how scummy just to keep the power. In general this is why they lost the House. Most Americans can see through this BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I like it.
                      Sorry, but also doesn't allow frank to use homoerotic imagery in a pejorative way.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

So if he's a scumbag I assume because he's done a lot of bad things. So if one of those things is ever proven to be a felony, should he get a pass for that?
                        He should face justice just like anyone else. But anything that might be a felony will have a pretty wide gray area. He will have great representation and any attempt to get him on something that isn't black and white will turn into a political fiasco.

I'm curious how much of what Cohen is sharing today should be protected by Attorney-Client privilege and, if so, what are the ramifications of that?

Comment

He should face justice just like anyone else. But anything that might be a felony will have a pretty wide gray area. He will have great representation and any attempt to get him on something that isn't black and white will turn into a political fiasco.

I'm curious how much of what Cohen is sharing today should be protected by Attorney-Client privilege and, if so, what are the ramifications of that?
                          Attorney client privilege? LOL.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Attorney client privilege? LOL.
                            expounding on that, Cohen gave some testimony that Trump gave inflated asset numbers to Deutsche Bank to try to help him secure funding to buy the Buffalo Bills, and Cohen said he helped with that. If true, obviously it's fraud. Does Cohen disclosing this information violate attorney-client privilege? NO, because the courts have established that it isn't a shield for someone to use to conspire with their lawyer to break a law.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 02-27-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• One of the stupidest arguments made by multiple Republicans in there today was harping on Cohen for having lied to Congress last time. And they sounded so angry and disgusted by that. Well, guess what, morons? Yes, he lied. He told lies to help Donald Trump. That's what he got in trouble for lying about.

So logically, the only place to go from there is that what you guys are actually angry about is that he didn't KEEP lying about it.

Comment

One of the stupidest arguments made by multiple Republicans in there today was harping on Cohen for having lied to Congress last time. And they sounded so angry and disgusted by that. Well, guess what, morons? Yes, he lied. He told lies to help Donald Trump. That's what he got in trouble for lying about.

So logically, the only place to go from there is that what you guys are actually angry about is that he didn't KEEP lying about it.
                                Agreed. Dumb argument to make.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X