Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Brexit, Trump an omen of things to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brexit, Trump an omen of things to come?

Fillon won the candidacy for the right wing party to go against Hollande.

The right wing in the Netherlands appears to be gathering steam as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38126222
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Yeah, maybe... Calexit: http://www.yescalifornia.org/calexit_blue_book
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      The Brooklyn Bubble. A safe place where likeminded people can feel safe discussing the same points of view.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Yeah, it worked out real well the last time states tried to exit...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          Yeah, it worked out real well the last time states tried to exit...
          California has this crazy thing called ballot initiatives that makes it too easy to get propositions on the ballot. Don't underestimate the power of the people.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

California has this crazy thing called ballot initiatives that makes it too easy to get propositions on the ballot. Don't underestimate the power of the people.
            But to secede? Latinos love America. Most other Californians do too. So dumb.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              But to secede? Latinos love America. Most other Californians do too. So dumb.
              But do they love Trump's America?

If they get something crazy like CalExit on the ballot then maybe they will get all those trump protesters to actually register and vote. I guess that would be a positive.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Just a couple years ago Texas was the crazy state, now California has that title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

But do they love Trump's America?

If they get something crazy like CalExit on the ballot then maybe they will get all those trump protesters to actually register and vote. I guess that would be a positive.
                  Trump will be out of the oval office before they can get through all of the legal challenges.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Trump will be out of the oval office before they can get through all of the legal challenges.
                    Yep. e.g., no way we will let them have the federal lands in Cali... Even if they get the Bundy's to stage yet another standoff on them.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They've managed the water exceptionally well, I can't wait to see what they do once they aren't hindered by the US courts, currency and financial system.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        They've managed the water exceptionally well, I can't wait to see what they do once they aren't hindered by the US courts, currency and financial system.
                        Good point... If CalExit passes Nevada could just keep all the water in Lake Mead and screw over both Cali and Mexico.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good point... If CalExit passes Nevada could just keep all the water in Lake Mead and screw over both Cali and Mexico.
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Just a couple years ago Texas was the crazy state, now California has that title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Crazy is not limited to those two states, unfortunately.

I do think it's possible that in the not too distant future we see another real attempt at secession, especially if the Trump Presidency is a disaster, but there's little chance of that happening without violence. And in that scenario Progressives don't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Crazy is not limited to those two states, unfortunately.
                              But those two states are always battling for the top spot. And third place is a distant third.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X