Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    You mean the chart that came 3 days before his tweet?

How was the NOAA wrong here? The storm path fell completely inside their cone of probability.
    Pro-tip. This is a classic example of the UTbot's 'a pox on both houses' posting. It never matters that one side is clearly more authoritative than others. The bot loves to stand above the fray and unleash chaos.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      What did the NOAA cone of probability say about Dorian being parked off the coast of South Carolina?
      Well, the forecast that you shared didn't go far enough into the future to show where it would be parked right now, but here is what it looked like the day before Trump's tweet.

dorianpath.jpg
      Last edited by beefytee; 09-05-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Well, the forecast that you shared didn't go far enough into the future to show where it would be parked right now, but here is what it looked like the day before Trump's tweet.

[ATTACH]9755[/ATTACH]
        Wait... NOAA moved the goal post. The cone of probability is no longer covering all of Florida in this one.
        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-05-2019, 06:14 PM.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey, someone should let the AL National Guard know that the hurricane dorian was never projected to come to Alabama...

What a bunch of dummies.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Wait... NOAA moved the goal post. The cone of probability is no longer covering all of Florida in this one.
            I know! Crazy that they update the cone as time goes by. They should have stuck with the cone from when it was just off South America!
            Last edited by beefytee; 09-05-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Hey, someone should let the AL National Guard know that the hurricane dorian was never projected to come to Alabama...

What a bunch of dummies.
              It's always good to be prepared, but yeah. They must have been getting their projections from the president. I haven't seen an NOAA map that projected to hurricane to go through Alabama. (Sharpie adjustments not included)

Comment

It's always good to be prepared, but yeah. They must have been getting their projections from the president. I haven't seen an NOAA map that projected to hurricane to go through Alabama. (Sharpie adjustments not included)
                Can we get an after-the-play review on this from the booth please? The ruling on the field is that it is in.

ngsrj8p1dvk31.jpg
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Can we get an after-the-play review on this from the booth please? The ruling on the field is that it is in.

[ATTACH]9756[/ATTACH]
                  LOL.

I admit that I have come around on this. I now appreciate that the president is doubling down (well quadrupling down at this point) on this. It is keeping his focus away from other things and letting his staff do their job.

Comment

[ATTACH]9756[/ATTACH]
                    Is there anyone up there in the booth (or any sentient being, other than DJT, for that matter) who, based on that map which was already two days old when he made his dumb comment, would conclude that "Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated". But it's funny that the press is obsessing so much over the fact that Trump, who never admits to making a mistake, won't concede he misspoke. More than any politician in my lifetime, Trump makes stuff up all the time and never admits he's wrong. Dog bites man.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Is there anyone up there in the booth (or any sentient being, other than DJT, for that matter) who, based on that map which was already two days old when he made his dumb comment, would conclude that "Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated". But it's funny that the press is obsessing so much over the fact that Trump, who never admits to making a mistake, won't concede he misspoke. More than any politician in my lifetime, Trump makes stuff up all the time and never admits he's wrong. Dog bites man.
                      The ruling from the booth is back... That is actually Mississippi!

7N3aqhWMmkD6zuGdNwr5ecIrdFCxbVicT2aWe1IC8MQ.jpg

The call is overturned on further review by CNN.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

[ATTACH]9755[/ATTACH]
                        Hey! The little black text box at the top of the image CLEARLY states "Note: the cone contains the probable path of the storm center but does not show the size of the storm. Hazardous conditions can occur outside of the cone."

Trump is vindicated! I mean, Alabama is outside of the cone, sure. But the NOAA map says that there still can be hazardous conditions outside of that cone. So maybe everyone who hates Alabama and doesn't want them to be careful should just back off...

Comment

• This is a dumb debate.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Hey! The little black text box at the top of the image CLEARLY states "Note: the cone contains the probable path of the storm center but does not show the size of the storm. Hazardous conditions can occur outside of the cone."

Trump is vindicated! I mean, Alabama is outside of the cone, sure. But the NOAA map says that there still can be hazardous conditions outside of that cone. So maybe everyone who hates Alabama and doesn't want them to be careful should just back off...
                            #PrayForAlabama Crossing my fingers things work out for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              This is a dumb debate.
                              Yeah. That's the point. The president is still tweeting about it.

I hadn't even heard about it until he took a sharpie to the map to prove he was right.

Comment

Yeah. That's the point. The president is still tweeting about it.
                                And cnn is still talking about it.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X