Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish he would just quit his job and move to North Korea to work on his dream real estate development project of building luxury beach condos with Kim Jung Un.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Someone showed him a Mercator projection map, and all he can think about is how can double, even triple, the size of the US. It's yuge. The map proves it.
      "President Donald Trump has repeatedly expressed interest in recent weeks in buying Greenland.

That is not a sentence from an Onion article, although you could be forgiven if you made that mistake..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/polit...ark/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I wish he would just quit his job and move to North Korea to work on his dream real estate development project of building luxury beach condos with Kim Jung Un.
        Honestly - that actually might do more for US/NK relations than even the Dennis Rodman visits. If he can get Kim looking at making some cash on tourists, he boosts the NK economy, provides a bunch of service industry jobs, and gets Kim's attention off of test firing more missiles - or maybe get him to turn the missiles into an awesome fireworks show out over the ocean... This could actually work!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/karenehowell/sta...329860096?s=19
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
            SU

Comment

• Just plan awesome.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This article has some interesting commentary on the rudderless situation Trump finds himself in at the moment. The last paragraph below is kind of funny for a political piece.

"The escalating trade confrontation with China, which has rattled markets, increased prices and wrecked sectors of the American economy, isn't the only problem out there. The British government is game-planning for total chaos if Prime Minister Boris Johnson follows through with his no-deal Brexit threats — another needless calamity egged on by the dunderheaded chaos agents in the White House. Several of the world's largest economies, including Brazil and Germany, are facing recessions. Economic turmoil, like the flu, is contagious. And the president and his allies have thrown away their hospital masks.

In an administration as chaotic and persistently mismanaged as the Trump administration, it is hard to point to a single unifying factor to explain the troubles. But nearly a year after Republicans lost the House of Representatives to Democrats, it has become ever clearer that President Trump lacks any semblance of a plan for the back end of his first term. His half-baked forays into North Korea negotiations, Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking, and Iranian arm-twisting have collapsed under the weight of their own flimsiness.

Lacking the Congressional majorities to pursue even a single legislative priority and bereft of the magnanimity or imagination to work with still-pliant Democrats, the president appears to be at a loss about what to do with his time. In his former life, he could careen from one busted investment to another, moving into reality TV or steaks or ketchup or fake universities, and then walk away when his endeavors blew up in someone else's face. Yet this hufflepuff approach to decision-making and planning, while it might have kept his family business floating for years on laundered money, wage theft, and sorcery, is proving to be a lousy fit for presidenting.

https://theweek.com/articles/859905/...-into-icebergs
                Last edited by BlueK; 08-21-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• So after retweeting this:

he does this:

Just a typical Wednesday.

Comment

This article has some interesting commentary on the rudderless situation Trump finds himself in at the moment. The last paragraph below is kind of funny for a political piece.

"The escalating trade confrontation with China, which has rattled markets, increased prices and wrecked sectors of the American economy, isn't the only problem out there. The British government is game-planning for total chaos if Prime Minister Boris Johnson follows through with his no-deal Brexit threats — another needless calamity egged on by the dunderheaded chaos agents in the White House. Several of the world's largest economies, including Brazil and Germany, are facing recessions. Economic turmoil, like the flu, is contagious. And the president and his allies have thrown away their hospital masks.

In an administration as chaotic and persistently mismanaged as the Trump administration, it is hard to point to a single unifying factor to explain the troubles. But nearly a year after Republicans lost the House of Representatives to Democrats, it has become ever clearer that President Trump lacks any semblance of a plan for the back end of his first term. His half-baked forays into North Korea negotiations, Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking, and Iranian arm-twisting have collapsed under the weight of their own flimsiness.

Lacking the Congressional majorities to pursue even a single legislative priority and bereft of the magnanimity or imagination to work with still-pliant Democrats, the president appears to be at a loss about what to do with his time. In his former life, he could careen from one busted investment to another, moving into reality TV or steaks or ketchup or fake universities, and then walk away when his endeavors blew up in someone else's face. Yet this hufflepuff approach to decision-making and planning, while it might have kept his family business floating for years on laundered money, wage theft, and sorcery, is proving to be a lousy fit for presidenting.

https://theweek.com/articles/859905/...-into-icebergs
                    So Trump hasn't made American great again? We can only pray that he drops out of the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      So Trump hasn't made American great again? We can only pray that he drops out of the election.
                      LOL. It might be a little more intellectually fun if you had some substantive counter points to anything there. Sorry it annoys you to be reminded we have a moron at the controls. Here's another one. He never makes any sense.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/polit...ark/index.html
                      Last edited by BlueK; 08-21-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

LOL. It might be a little more intellectually fun if you had some substantive counter points to anything there. Sorry it annoys you to be reminded we have a moron at the controls. Here's another one. He never makes any sense.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/polit...ark/index.html
                        I agree with almost everything in those three paragraphs. Do you think I'm a Trump supporter because I defended him on Russia?

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                          I agree with almost everything in those three paragraphs. Do you think I'm a Trump supporter because I defended him on Russia?
                          No, because of the snarky response to my post.

Comment

• Always the statesman. Trump postpones state visit to Denmark b/c his feelings got hurt that they rebuffed him on Greenland.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Always the statesman. Trump postpones state visit to Denmark b/c his feelings got hurt that they rebuffed him on Greenland.
                              Good. What good did you expect to come from Trump in Denmark, anyway? Saves some money, at least.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• This has been a pretty extreme week for the president, even by Trump standards.

"The President had a tantrum at NATO ally Denmark only because it wouldn't sell him Greenland, doubled down on an anti-Semitic trope, basked in the praise of a right-wing conspiracy theorist, helped advance Russian foreign policy, joked he'd like to award himself a Medal of Honor, endorsed a comparison of him to a King and deified himself as a 'chosen one.'"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/polit...icy/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X