Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    President of the United States:

What a guy to look up to.
    Of all of Trump's despicable actions (the affairs, the travel ban, the separation policies at the border, the Billy Bush tape, the "both sides are good people" comment after Charlottesville), the one that I can't stand the most is the way he has treated John McCain. This draft dodgy, bone spurred guy who has never lived for two seconds in anything but luxury, thinks he can make fun of a military hero who became a POW of the Viet Cong and refused to be released unless his fellow soldiers were as well, resulting in years of torture? Gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Said no one ever on this site.
      Come on. A few have gone there. Even if they didn’t say those exact words, although Ted might have. We have people with TCS, Trump Complacency Syndrome. Symptoms include assuming Trump is overcriticized while avoiding reading the criticisms, and stubbornly giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Of all of Trump's despicable actions (the affairs, the travel ban, the separation policies at the border, the Billy Bush tape, the "both sides are good people" comment after Charlottesville), the one that I can't stand the most is the way he has treated John McCain. This draft dodgy, bone spurred guy who has never lived for two seconds in anything but luxury, thinks he can make fun of a military hero who became a POW of the Viet Cong and refused to be released unless his fellow soldiers were as well, resulting in years of torture? Gross.
        Yep. It also perfectly illustrates his shamelessness with things he believes in, no matter how repulsive. I'm sure he's been told countless times to leave McCain alone. But he just cannot do it. He felt attacked by McCain, so he doesn't let up attacking back. His brand is attack always and never admit mistakes, human decency be damned.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          You just have TDS like I do. Trump is a completely ordinary politician. Exactly the same as Obama and Bush.
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Said no one ever on this site.
          Isn't that pretty much the vuvuzela that Uncle Ted trumpets?

You were the one that started #whataboutobama and #whataboutclinton (A campaign I support ).

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Come on. A few have gone there. Even if they didn’t say those exact words, although Ted might have. We have people with TCS, Trump Complacency Syndrome. Symptoms include assuming Trump is overcriticized while avoiding reading the criticisms, and stubbornly giving him the benefit of the doubt.
            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            Isn't that pretty much the vuvuzela that Uncle Ted trumpets?

You were the one that started #whataboutobama and #whataboutclinton (A campaign I support ).
            Ha. Whoops. I stand corrected. Forgot about Uncle Ted.

But most people here can't stand Trump.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Agreed. Trump is a horrible human being.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Is it true that Obama put people in concentration camps and also deported more people than Trump? That's at least what I read on conservative Twitter and liberal Twitter doesn't seem to refute those points. It's certainly a whataboutobama argument but it's also telling that people really only care about things when it scores political points for their own party or hte party they more closely affiliate with.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Is it true that Obama put people in concentration camps and also deported more people than Trump? That's at least what I read on conservative Twitter and liberal Twitter doesn't seem to refute those points. It's certainly a whataboutobama argument but it's also telling that people really only care about things when it scores political points for their own party or hte party they more closely affiliate with.
                  In his first two years? I wonder if they are comparing apples to apples.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Is it true that Obama put people in concentration camps and also deported more people than Trump? That's at least what I read on conservative Twitter and liberal Twitter doesn't seem to refute those points. It's certainly a whataboutobama argument but it's also telling that people really only care about things when it scores political points for their own party or hte party they more closely affiliate with.
                    Obama absolutely deported more people. The machine was impressive. Trump's administration doesn't really know shit about how anything works and don't really care to know as long as it looks like they're some badasses, so they made changes and are messing everything up. First thing they did was remove the Obama administration's immigration enforcement priority guidelines. Whereas Obama's administration focused on removal of criminals, (which the law makes pretty quick and easy- hence more deportations) Trump made EVERYBODY a priority. Grandmas who have been here for 30 years whose kids and grandkids are citizens- you name it.

How it makes it okay just because Obama did something is puzzling, though. People on the front lines who work in immigration can tell you that nobody thought Obama ever did a good job. Talked the talk, but the walk was scarcely seen. Nobody but nobody is bragging about how great Obama was on immigration- he sucked. Bad.

However, the part about Obama having detained more people is absolute bullshit. Also, Trump/Sessions started family separation. It's a documented fact. (sucks that this is like the 100th time I've had to type this because the conservative bullshit machine brainwashes people into believing otherwise) The private prison industry is booming b/c Trump is detaining people who have cases to fight. So fewer people are deported and more people are detained.

But you're absolutely right on the larger point of this. People hear that Trump is putting people and their children into concentration camps and their response isn't to verify if that horrible thing is true and what can we do to stop it, it's rushing to Trump's defense or making some cynical remark to distract from the thing that was just said. I imagine we'll even see some of that in this thread in response to this post.
                    Last edited by Commando; 06-26-2019, 12:35 PM.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      The part about Obama having detained more people is absolute bullshit. Also, Trump/Sessions started family separation. It's a documented fact. (sucks that this is like the 100th time I've had to type this because the conservative bullshit machine brainwashes people into believing otherwise) The private prison industry is booming b/c Trump is detaining people who have cases to fight. So fewer people are deported and more people are detained.

But you're absolutely right on the larger point of this. People hear that Trump is putting people and their children into concentration camps and their response isn't to verify if that horrible thing is true and what can we do to stop it, it's rushing to Trump's rescue. I imagine we'll even see some of that in this thread in response to this post.
                      I don't think I meant to say Obama detained more people, just that he detained people in concentration camps. I also didn't mention family separation, which is a horrible policy.

But I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on how to stop it. Is teh solution to hire more people to process asylum requests and to increase housing at the border to give shelter to everyone coming across the border?

I'm already on record by saying that a worker program would be my fix. People can still request asylum, but almost anyone could come across on a worker visa which would allow us to track them adn tax them and kick them out if they break the law. Might as well let them mwork here while they try to get citizenship status.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I don't think I meant to say Obama detained more people, just that he detained people in concentration camps. I also didn't mention family separation, which is a horrible policy.

But I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on how to stop it. Is teh solution to hire more people to process asylum requests and to increase housing at the border to give shelter to everyone coming across the border?

I'm already on record by saying that a worker program would be my fix. People can still request asylum, but almost anyone could come across on a worker visa which would allow us to track them adn tax them and kick them out if they break the law. Might as well let them mwork here while they try to get citizenship status.
                        Simple- Trump and Sessions put some policies in place and they have all clearly backfired. If he refuses to fix it, we put a different president in who will restore order.

*to be more clear, he is trying to eliminate Asylum altogether, and this is step one in getting fewer people to apply. Family separation, indefinite detention, etc are all part of the strategy. This is on purpose.
                        Last edited by Commando; 06-26-2019, 12:44 PM.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Ehh. Immigration detention isn't sweet any way you slice it. I think the makeshift camps are a result of low capacity due to the over-detention that is happening right now. I don't believe there were these same concentration camps under Obama, but he did have 'baby jail,' which is where whole families just lived in a detention facility for the life of their asylum case (which can go on for years). The name comes from the infants who literally grow up in jail not knowing anything different. But like I said- the answer isn't to point to where we already did something bad-- it's to figure out how to stop the bad thing we're currently doing.

Comment

• And I don't refute the stupid things Ted says just to pick a fight with him, I promise...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...=.117afec2143a

Comment

• Why is Pelosi sitting on the Senate border humanitarian bill? It passed 84-8 in the senate:

She must hate brown people.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Why is Pelosi sitting on the Senate border humanitarian bill? It passed 84-8 in the senate:

She must hate brown people.
                                You must forget that the crisis at the border is manufactured by Trump and Sessions, thanks to their 100% discretionary policies. Your homie actually hates brown people.

Comment

Working...
                                X