Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    This whole fiasco is another brilliantly executed plan of Trump to paint the Democrats as open boarder enthusiasts, which most of them aren’t. But I’m a black and white political world, Trump has turned the tables on the Democrats in terms of pinning labels on the other team.
    Surely you’ve seen pretty much every poll across the board on how voters view this ‘brilliantly executed plan’ of Trump...
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Can we revisit Mexico paying for the wall? I'm okay with the Dump fulfilling that campaign promise. Go Dump!!!
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Can we revisit Mexico paying for the wall? I'm okay with the Dump fulfilling that campaign promise. Go Dump!!!
        Ted Cruz has a plan for that...

Ted Cruz Has a Way to Pay for The Wall: The "El Chapo Act"

Cruz Has Reintroduced The Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order Act, or EL CHAPO Act, to Congress.

Cruz has reintroduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order Act, or EL CHAPO Act, to Congress.

The bill would designate any money and assets seized from notorious gangster Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán and allocate them for the construction of the border wall. El Chapo was extradited to the U.S. in 2017 to face charges related to running one of the most notorious drug cartels in the world.

His net worth at the time of arrest was $14 billion.

Cruz ultimately predicts that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer will not “even spend El Chapo’s money to build the wall.”
        https://www.wibc.com/blogs/chicks-ri...l-el-chapo-act

If El Chapo can give the Mexican Presidente a cool $100 mil then he can give $14 billion for the wall!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Ted Cruz has a plan for that...

https://www.wibc.com/blogs/chicks-ri...l-el-chapo-act

If El Chapo can give the Mexican Presidente a cool $100 mil then he can give $14 billion for the wall!
          Yeah, that wouldn't be Mexico paying for the wall. Whatever money is collected from drug dealers goes to the taxpayers. The Dump said Mexico would send a check. I'd like to see more effort on getting that check.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Mexico paying for the wall has to be one of the dumbest campaign promises in presidential election history.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yeah, that wouldn't be Mexico paying for the wall. Whatever money is collected from drug dealers goes to the taxpayers. The Dump said Mexico would send a check. I'd like to see more effort on getting that check.
              I am a taxpayer... where is my drug money!?! I think you mean it goes to the government (which it can use for better border security).

Please keep in mind that Mexico extradited El Chapo to the US. If they keep El Crapo for themselves then the US couldn't convict him and then go after his money.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am a taxpayer... where is my drug money!?! I think you mean it goes to the government (which it can use for better border security).

Please keep in mind that Mexico extradited El Chapo to the US. If they keep El Crapo for themselves then the US couldn't convict him and then go after his money.
                That money likely goes back into counternarco efforts. Plus that money is coming from the U.S. anyway.

Sorry, that is not Mexico paying for the wall. When is the Dump going to get that check from Mexico? Has he bothered to call to remind them? If they would would just send the check, then we could open up the U.S. Government.

C'mon Dump, keep your promises!!!

Comment

• Ted that's a good point about El Chapo paying for the wall.

Comment

That money likely goes back into counternarco efforts. Plus that money is coming from the U.S. anyway.

Sorry, that is not Mexico paying for the wall. When is the Dump going to get that check from Mexico? Has he bothered to call to remind them? If they would would just send the check, then we could open up the U.S. Government.

C'mon Dump, keep your promises!!!
                    Increasing border security is not a counternarco effort?

Drugs puts $25 to $40 billion into Mexico's economy every year. Increase border security and Mexico pays for the wall. The Dem's are most likely getting a little kick back from that like the Mexican Presidente so, of course, they are opposed to increasing border security. Just look at the Dems partying it up with their drug money in the Caribbean!
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Increasing border security is not a counternarco effort?

Drugs puts $25 to $40 billion into Mexico's economy every year. Increase border security and Mexico pays for the wall.
                      THIS! Makes total sense and nobody is talking about it!

Comment

• Yohio is pwning this thread.

Comment

• I am going to stop shopping at Costco for a while. And then buy a new TV.

That's right, folks. Costco is going to buy me a new TV! #uncletedlogic
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I am going to stop shopping at Costco for a while. And then buy a new TV.

Not to be overly pedantic, but it's more like this. Costco has a shoplifter who was using money from selling stolen Costco goods to shop at the Best Buy next door. So Costco installs a security camera to stop the theft and Best Buy paid for it because they no longer receive benefit from the shoplifter. It makes total sense and nobody is talking about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I am going to stop shopping at Costco for a while. And then buy a new TV.

Yeah, if you stop wasting your money on all that crap you buy at Costco you will have plenty of money for that new TV!
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I have some Constitutionally-based ideas why I think the president should not be rewarded for wanting to shut down the government over a budget appropriations issue. The Constitution gives that responsibility to the Congress. The President just signs the bill or vetoes it. If he vetoes, the Congress can go back and override, or they can negotiate with him to come up with a compromise. I actually blame McConnell much more for this than Trump. Maybe I shouldn't, because it's just capitulating to the thought that we just don't expect this President to have any respect for Constitutional processes or norms, and it's ok because that's just who he is. But I won't address that here.

Where McConnell is really to blame here is that he is willfully abdicating the Senate's Constitutional responsibilities to the President, thereby essentially handing over powers the Constitution doesn't. By refusing to even allow the Senate to even debate or vote on anything that isn't exactly what the screaming toddler in the White House says he wants, no matter if it would pass or not, is a shameful dereliction of duty for a leader who has sworn an oath to the Constitution.

It's sad we've gotten to where so much of the public, but now even our Congressional leaders are creating essentially a de-facto dictatorship because they are too afraid to carry out their Constitutionally-mandated responsibilities.

If Trump gets what he wants he has the incentive to create one of these shutdowns every time he wants something he doesn't have the votes for. He had two freaking years to get the wall and even once turned down a lot more money that would have given it to him because -- GASP, it was a deal that also would have given protections to some people who were brought into the country as children who are now grown up and have not known any other country, only because of the wacko nutjobs on the fringes of his base are so offended and angry that such a person might have any rights. Disgusting.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 01-17-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X