Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Odds are zero if he had to get past a slat steel barrier!!!
    Right... I forgot that drug dealing in Utah is a capital offense. It is nice of the good citizens of Utah to provide this gentleman a sanctuary!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      https://www.ksl.com/article/46468632...und-in-vehicle

What is the odds he will make it nine?
      Has Utah County made much progress on its wall construction? As Senor Lopez has ably demonstrated, getting into the county has always been ridiculously easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Has Utah County made much progress on its wall construction? As Senor Lopez has ably demonstrated, getting into the county has always been ridiculously easy.
        Yeah, you are right... Drumpf should declare a national emergency!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Michael Strahan invited Clemson to Good Morning America for caviar and lobster.

No word on who's picking up the bill.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Michael Strahan invited Clemson to Good Morning America for caviar and lobster.

Probably the sponsors, including McDonald's. And thus is the circle of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Michael Strahan invited Clemson to Good Morning America for caviar and lobster.

To be honest, I'd rather have the big mac. I wonder how many football players would agree.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                To be honest, I'd rather have the big mac. I wonder how many football players would agree.
                I'm not big on caviar, either. But if I walked into the White House for a special dinner and discovered a table of Big Macs I'd be stoked thinking I was about to meet Ashton Kutcher.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• So - is KSL all in on the wall now?

Listening during my morning drive, they had a report about border walls. They went in to how many countries have border walls, how many were built in the last year, how many conflicts have been ended by adding a border wall, and how many countries have built border walls specifically to keep out illegal immigrants - particularly with all of the refugees leaving various countries for more favorable circumstances in Europe. Wrapping up the segment with a definitive "walls work" statement.

Then they ran a teaser for tomorrow's story, regarding all of the drugs coming in to the US across the border with Mexico with statements from US customs and DEA agents telling how border walls reduce drug trafficking.

Now - I know KSL radio is still relatively conservative. But it surprised me that they would seemingly go all in pro-wall without including any counterpoints to their report. And it seems that more and more of their reporters lean more moderate to liberal - and would be against a wall.

Just found it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    So - is KSL all in on the wall now?

Listening during my morning drive, they had a report about border walls. They went in to how many countries have border walls, how many were built in the last year, how many conflicts have been ended by adding a border wall, and how many countries have built border walls specifically to keep out illegal immigrants - particularly with all of the refugees leaving various countries for more favorable circumstances in Europe. Wrapping up the segment with a definitive "walls work" statement.

Then they ran a teaser for tomorrow's story, regarding all of the drugs coming in to the US across the border with Mexico with statements from US customs and DEA agents telling how border walls reduce drug trafficking.

Now - I know KSL radio is still relatively conservative. But it surprised me that they would seemingly go all in pro-wall without including any counterpoints to their report. And it seems that more and more of their reporters lean more moderate to liberal - and would be against a wall.

Just found it interesting.
                    KSL or a particular host?

Comment

• I just finished reading G. K. Chesterton's "Orthodoxy". Ran into this quote which belongs in this thread. For a book written in 1908, besides cultural references to people, places, and things, it could have been written in 2019.

You will hear everlastingly, in all discussions about newspapers, companies, aristocracies, or party politics, this argument that the rich man cannot be bribed. The fact is, of course, that the rich man is bribed; he has been bribed already. That is why he is a rich man. The whole case for Christianity is that a man who is dependent upon the luxuries of this life is a corrupt man, spiritually corrupt, politically corrupt, financially corrupt.

Comment

• What Real Border Security Looks Like
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          KSL or a particular host?
                          It was not one of their regular talk show hosts during a regular talk show. It was a recorded segment. Not necessarily during the regular news or anything, but more along the lines of a "special report".

I think this is it: https://kslnewsradio.com/1896814/ans...wall-part-one/

I didn't read the whole thing to make sure it was the actual report I heard - but it looks like it. I'll have to read it to see if my recollection is reflected in this report.

Comment

It was not one of their regular talk show hosts during a regular talk show. It was a recorded segment. Not necessarily during the regular news or anything, but more along the lines of a "special report".

I didn't read the whole thing to make sure it was the actual report I heard - but it looks like it. I'll have to read it to see if my recollection is reflected in this report.
                            That is really interesting.

Comment

Border walls work. They aren’t 100% effective nor are they the best and most cost effective solution, but they work in terms of helping eliminate illegal immigration. Very few rational people will argue that they don’t work.

This whole fiasco is another brilliantly executed plan of Trump to paint the Democrats as open boarder enthusiasts, which most of them aren’t. But I’m a black and white political world, Trump has turned the tables on the Democrats in terms of pinning labels on the other team.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Border walls work. They aren’t 100% effective nor are they the best and most cost effective solution, but they work in terms of helping eliminate illegal immigration. Very few rational people will argue that they don’t work.

This whole fiasco is another brilliantly executed plan of Trump to paint the Democrats as open boarder enthusiasts, which most of them aren’t. But I’m a black and white political world, Trump has turned the tables on the Democrats in terms of pinning labels on the other team.
                                Sure, his labeling is effective with the 33% of the population that he already owns. But what is the point of that? Polling shows that most Americans are sophisticated enough not to be fooled by the Dump's name calling. They prefer the Dem approach (or at least a "a wall is not the ultimate answer" approach).
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X