Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Oh come on Ted. I thought you had better libertarian bonafides than that. There is a cloud of suspicion surrounding that whole case. Witnesses heard her yell 'let me in', which makes her story about the door being open suspect. It was three days before she was even charged (the killing was not in dispute), and then only with manslaughter. I'll let the CS legal eagles weigh in on this, but I read that the fact it was completely intentional means she should be charged with murder. And then the police department leaks the fact he had marijuana in the apartment. Whoopsie!

Cruz is most definitely not playing the rational politician above the fray, and calmly saying we 'shouldn't rush to judgment that she committed murder and should be strung up and down'. He is playing to the right of Beto for the MAGA crowd. There is no reason why that cop shouldn't be charged with murder. There may be extenuating circumstances; let those be aired out in the trial. And there's the stink of at least some misconduct from the police department.
    Sure she should be charged with murder but isn't that the job of the grand jury to determine? She is guilty of manslaughter at least (read my post carefully). The left wants her pulled out into the street and hung without any due process. It is the same BS they are doing with Kavanaugh... if anyone makes a claim of sexual misconduct then that automatically disqualifies the Supreme Court justice candidate*. F*ck any kind of due process, man.

*Unless the candidate is a card packing democrat.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The "left" wants her strung up without due process? Where do you get this stuff? Who is saying that? I think people are just mainly pissed because another cop murdered another unarmed black man.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        The "left" wants her strung up without due process? Where do you get this stuff? Who is saying that? I think people are just mainly pissed because another cop murdered another unarmed black man.
        http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1382191

String Kavanaugh up without any due process!
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Sure she should be charged with murder but isn't that the job of the grand jury to determine? She is guilty of manslaughter at least (read my post carefully). The left wants her pulled out into the street and hung without any due process. It is the same BS they are doing with Kavanaugh... if anyone makes a claim of sexual misconduct then that automatically disqualifies the Supreme Court justice candidate*. F*ck any kind of due process, man.

*Unless the candidate is a card packing democrat.
          Let's focus on this one case of police misconduct, and try not to extrapolate it to a grand unified theory of leftist politics, mmkay?

I strongly support the libertarian philosophy wrt police and prosecutorial conduct. We may find common ground yet!
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Let's focus on this one case of police misconduct, and try not to extrapolate it to a grand unified theory of leftist politics, mmkay?

I strongly support the libertarian philosophy wrt police and prosecutorial conduct. We may find common ground yet!
            This has been on the local news a lot. An investigation still needs to be conducted to determine the facts but what is known is that the police officer was at the wrong apartment, the door was unlocked, and the police officer shot the victim. It also appears that the police officer parked on the wrong floor of the parking garage which led the officer to try to enter the wrong apartment. One testimony states the officer's key were still in the apartment door. So it's possible the officer thought an intruder was in the apartment. In my view that all points to manslaughter. Still, someone died without reason. What is wrong with giving time for a proper investigation? Why should the Dallas PD bow to public pressure to fire the officer on the spot? And apparently that's not enough - they want the officer charged with murder. What happened to due process?

At the same time, a trial is taking place in Dallas where a black police officer shot an unarmed person sitting in his own car. The facts at trial are still coming out and there are arguments being made such as whether the police officer identified himself before shooting. The officer did testify that he feared for his life. At issue is that this incident took place about a year ago and has followed the usual investigative and legal process. Which is what should be occurring in both cases.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• For some reason I don't think calling Americans a bunch of "Good Germans/Nazis" is going to help his ticket sales...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Haha. That is a great line.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• We have such a shitty person as president

Trump dangles blackmail material over head of Democratic senator
                    "I've seen that person in very, very bad situations, somewhat compromising."

During a news conference on Monday, President Trump dangled blackmail material over the head of a Democratic senator he said he has observed in “compromising” situations.

Trump referenced the vague accusations while trying to downplay the drinking of his Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, who is accused of sexually assaulting two women in the 1980s while he was under the influence of alcohol.

“You know, I tell you what, I happen to know some United States senators, one who is on the other side who’s pretty aggressive,” Trump said in an effort to make a case that Democrats are being hypocritical. “I’ve seen that person in very bad situations, okay? I’ve seen that person in very, very bad situations, somewhat compromising.”
                    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-blac...-c8e7bdf57ee8/

Comment

• This sounds like something Trump would make up, maybe on the spot. He doesn't name names or give any details, probably because there aren't any.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        This sounds like something Trump would make up, maybe on the spot. He doesn't name names or give any details, probably because there aren't any.
                        Sort of like renaming NAFTA and making it worse.

“The main achievement of the Trump renegotiation of NAFTA is changing its name,” said Libertarian National Committee Chair Nicholas Sarwark. “The rules on trade are almost exactly the same as they were. We would welcome more free trade and fewer agreements that micromanage how much of a product has to be made in each country.”

USMCA leaves the disastrous steel and aluminum tariffs in place. In an attempt to give the tariffs a positive spin, the Trade Partnership estimated in a 2018 study that they will save 33,464 jobs in the steel and nonferrous metals industries. The less obvious costs are much greater, though. As a direct result of those same tariffs, soaring steel and aluminum prices will cause the loss of 146,000 jobs in downstream metal fabrication industries."

https://www.lp.org/usmca-is-basicall...er-a-new-name/
                        Last edited by BlueK; 10-02-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• lol. trump is so dumb. sorry, UT, just being honest!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            This sounds like something Trump would make up, maybe on the spot. He doesn't name names or give any details, probably because there aren't any.
                            He doesn't name names or give any specific details - but he's probably got 6 senators thinking "Shit! Is he talking about me?"

I was going to say a dozen senators. But once he limited it to just "one on the other side", the Republicans in that group starting thinking "Whew! He isn't talking about me!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              He doesn't name names or give any specific details - but he's probably got 6 senators thinking "Shit! Is he talking about me?"

I was going to say a dozen senators. But once he limited it to just "one on the other side", the Republicans in that group starting thinking "Whew! He isn't talking about me!"
                              nah, he's got a bunch of senators thinking similar to what falafel just typed above. i mean, nobody takes this guy seriously, do they?
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                nah, he's got a bunch of senators thinking similar to what falafel just typed above. i mean, nobody takes this guy seriously, do they?
                                I can go with many of them thinking he made it up.

But the part about no names or details because there aren't any? Yeah - I don't watch the news often. But I see enough to know that plenty of Senators have been in compromising situations at one point or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X