Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    It is a strange tradition (that started with Bush I in 1989 as I understand).

The first Bush declared his Inauguration Day the "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".

Clinton (1993): "National Day of Fellowship and Hope"
    Clinton (1997): "National Day of Hope and Renewal"

W (2001) paid homage to his Father and re-used "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".
    I didn't see one for W in 2005.

Obama (2009): "National Day of Reconciliation and Renewal"
    Obama (2013): "National Day of Hope and Resolve"
    Interesting. I did not know that.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/zondagmetlu...5295904562149/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Bloody hell. That is ridiculous.
        wow...wtf
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]OM7B56xok9M[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• that right there is some funny shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              It is a strange tradition (that started with Bush I in 1989 as I understand).

The first Bush declared his Inauguration Day the "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".

Clinton (1993): "National Day of Fellowship and Hope"
              Clinton (1997): "National Day of Hope and Renewal"

W (2001) paid homage to his Father and re-used "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".
              I didn't see one for W in 2005.

Obama (2009): "National Day of Reconciliation and Renewal"
              Obama (2013): "National Day of Hope and Resolve"
              Good hell... we live in North Korea.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bloody hell. That is ridiculous.
                Will you exhibit the same skepticism toward this Popular Science article, which quotes a Buzzfeed article, which claims to have a copy of an internal USDA memo but doesn't actually produce the memo, but does admit that the memo isn't explicitly tied to anyone in the administration, that you exhibit toward the video in the Planned Parenthood thread?

Just curious...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  It's official... Obama's first inauguration had higher ratings:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/21/trump-inauguration-ratings/

Now can we get back to running the country?
                  Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  The TV numbers were lower because those 7+ million people were watching the event in person in DC.
                  Oh wait... about 7 million people were streaming the inauguration on Twitter:

Does Nelson count these?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    Will you exhibit the same skepticism toward this Popular Science article, which quotes a Buzzfeed article, which claims to have a copy of an internal USDA memo but doesn't actually produce the memo, but does admit that the memo isn't explicitly tied to anyone in the administration, that you exhibit toward the video in the Planned Parenthood thread?

Just curious...
                    Yes I will! Thank you for the correction.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yes I will! Thank you for the correction.
                      Although the headline is written to get clicks, this Politico article is much more even-handed and contains much more detail than the ridiculously panicked and preachy article from PopSci:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ockdown-234122

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Although the headline is written to get clicks, this Politico article is much more even-handed and contains much more detail than the ridiculously panicked and preachy article from PopSci:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ockdown-234122
                        Thanks.

Sounds like it might be a case of each agency telling their employees to keep their heads down and their mouths shut for a while so as to not be a target our crazy POTUS.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Thanks.

Sounds like it might be a case of each agency telling their employees to keep their heads down and their mouths shut for a while so as to not be a target our crazy POTUS.
                          Or even to give time for the new boss/Administration to publish their own rules/guidance wrt social media - which has significantly grown and evolved since the last Administration put its own policies in place.

On the other hand if it feeds into anyone paranoia about President Donald Trump......
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Hot off the press:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017...=fb-share&_r=0

The Trump administration has instituted a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants, part of a broader communications clampdown within the executive branch.

Comment

should I believe the NY Times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                should I believe the NY Times?
                                Only if the story happens to confirm your biases!

Comment

Working...
                                X