Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Mr. Law And Order President.

flies in the face of his oath of office. You don't not hold members of Congress to the law just for political reasons.
    Last edited by BlueK; 09-04-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Is it possible all of this in Woodward's book is fake? Just reading Trump's tweets and what he's done and said in full public view actually makes all the dysfunction and incompetence reported in the book seem pretty believable. What a mess.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/polit...ear/index.html
      Last edited by BlueK; 09-04-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• I know I shouldn't, since it will likely not contain any real surprises, but I'm looking forward to Bob Woodward's book on the Trump White House--due out on 9/11. I wonder if Trump will Tweet about it

[edit: lol at BlueK and I being on the same wavelength this morning]

Comment

• Man, I wish Senator Flake weren't leaving. It's funny that since 2016 he has not changed, but national perception has changed from seeing him as a very conservative Senator with a strong Libertarian lean, to some disloyal "liberal" because he has spoken out against Trump. He needs to press Kavanaugh hard on the points he brought up today:

"Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake cited President Trump's tweet that blasted Attorney General Jeff Session and Justice Department's investigation into two lawmakers to express his concerns about presidential power.

Flake warned Judge Brett Kavanaugh to expect questions from him and others about his thoughts on presidential powers.

"Now, I know, and it has been brought up today, that a lot of the concern on the other side of the aisle stems from the concern of an administration that doesn't seem to understand and appreciate separation of powers and the rule of law. I have that concern as well. If you just look at what was said just yesterday by the president, I think it's very concerning," the Republican senator said.

[Flake then read Trump's tweet complaining about GOP congressmen being indicted/investigated for breaking the law because it hurts him politically]

That is why a lot of people are concerned about this administration and why they want to ensure that our institutions hold. Thus far they have, gratefully. Jeff Sessions has resisted pressure from the President to punish his enemies and relieve pressure on his friends, and many of the questions that you will get on the other side of the aisle and from me will be how you view that relationship, where you believe the Article I powers end and Article II powers of the administration begin."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...dle/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Man, I wish Senator Flake weren't leaving. It's funny that since 2016 he has not changed, but national perception has changed from seeing him as a very conservative Senator with a strong Libertarian lean, to some disloyal "liberal" because he has spoken out against Trump. He needs to press Kavanaugh hard on the points he brought up today:

"Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake cited President Trump's tweet that blasted Attorney General Jeff Session and Justice Department's investigation into two lawmakers to express his concerns about presidential power.

Flake warned Judge Brett Kavanaugh to expect questions from him and others about his thoughts on presidential powers.

"Now, I know, and it has been brought up today, that a lot of the concern on the other side of the aisle stems from the concern of an administration that doesn't seem to understand and appreciate separation of powers and the rule of law. I have that concern as well. If you just look at what was said just yesterday by the president, I think it's very concerning," the Republican senator said.

[Flake then read Trump's tweet complaining about GOP congressmen being indicted/investigated for breaking the law because it hurts him politically]

That is why a lot of people are concerned about this administration and why they want to ensure that our institutions hold. Thus far they have, gratefully. Jeff Sessions has resisted pressure from the President to punish his enemies and relieve pressure on his friends, and many of the questions that you will get on the other side of the aisle and from me will be how you view that relationship, where you believe the Article I powers end and Article II powers of the administration begin."

It would sure nice if the White House released all the related documents on Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I know I shouldn't, since it will likely not contain any real surprises, but I'm looking forward to Bob Woodward's book on the Trump White House--due out on 9/11. I wonder if Trump will Tweet about it

[edit: lol at BlueK and I being on the same wavelength this morning]
              Based on the snippets released today you will not be surprised but will be sadly supported in your previous opinion. I so wish Trump would just decide to leave and go back to mar-a-dope-o or some place.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Man, I wish Senator Flake weren't leaving. It's funny that since 2016 he has not changed, but national perception has changed from seeing him as a very conservative Senator with a strong Libertarian lean, to some disloyal "liberal" because he has spoken out against Trump. He needs to press Kavanaugh hard on the points he brought up today:

Senator Flake is a smart man. He recognized that he can't get re-electioned even if he wanted to so that is why he is retiring. He would only be wasting his time and money.

I liked Ted's opening statement better... He laid out the dumb dems entire motivation behind all their crying fits they have been making:

Man up you cry babies!
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Senator Flake is a smart man. He recognized that he can't get re-electioned even if he wanted to so that is why he is retiring. He would only be wasting his time and money.
                  Uh... kind of like every libertarian. Ever.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Something you dems can be proud of...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Take it from Deplorable Razerbak!! Where do you get these ironclad sources, Bernstein?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Dems watch too much Hulu...

"Blessed be the fruit!"
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• lol @ the url
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• So over 20 of these dumbass dems have been arrested so far...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              So over 20 of these dumbass dems have been arrested so far...

Have they locked up Killary yet for her emails?

Also not shocked you follow paranoid Dana Loesch.

Comment

• Trump is not a business genius, he's a moron.

Woodward: Economic adviser 'stole a letter off Trump's desk'

President Trump’s former top economic adviser, Gary Cohn, twice pulled paperwork off of Trump’s desk that the president was intending to sign to withdraw the United States from trade agreements, according to a forthcoming book from veteran journalist Bob Woodward.

The Washington Post, which obtained an advance copy of the book, reported Tuesday that Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that would have formally withdrawn the U.S. from a trade agreement with South Korea.

Cohn later told an associate that Trump didn’t notice the letter was missing. Cohn also reportedly said he took the letter from Trump to protect national security.

The then-director of the National Economic Council separately pulled a different letter from Trump’s desk in spring 2017 that would have pulled the U.S. out of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), according to the Post.

“Why aren’t we getting this done? Do your job. It’s tap, tap, tap. You’re just tapping me along. I want to do this,” Trump reportedly told then-staff secretary Rob Porter.

Porter then drafted a letter notifying NAFTA officials that the U.S. would withdraw. Concerned that doing so could trigger an economic crisis, he turned to Cohn for consultation.

“I can stop this,” Cohn reportedly said. “I’ll just take the paper off his desk.”

Woodward’s book, "Fear: Trump in the White House,” is set to hit shelves next week. It paints a portrait of a disorganized, paranoia-ridden administration filled with staffers trying to stop what they see as Trump's worst instincts.
                                http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...rawing-us-from

Comment

Working...
                                X