Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Anybody following the controversy over the Katie Rich tweet about Barron Trump? She tweeted that Barron would be the first homeschool mass shooter. Massive blowback in social media. She retracted the tweet and apologized but it now appears that the tweet cost her her job:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/a...ump-tweet.html

I see LA Ute is applauding this firing on twitter. Hey I get the outrage, but it should stop when she retracts the tweet and/or apologizes. This notion that our bloodlust is not fully satisfied until someone's career is destroyed is ridiculous and makes us no better than the SJW snowflakes that we often mock. Public shaming is wrong when carried to such extremes.
    Not fired-- suspended. An appropriate response, in my opinion.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
      Not fired-- suspended. An appropriate response, in my opinion.
      Oh, well that's different. Why is Lebowski misleading us? SAD!

Comment

Anybody following the controversy over the Katie Rich tweet about Barron Trump? She tweeted that Barron would be the first homeschool mass shooter. Massive blowback in social media. She retracted the tweet and apologized but it now appears that the tweet cost her her job:

I see LA Ute is applauding this firing on twitter. Hey I get the outrage, but it should stop when she retracts the tweet and/or apologizes. This notion that our bloodlust is not fully satisfied until someone's career is destroyed is ridiculous and makes us no better than the SJW snowflakes that we often mock. Public shaming is wrong when carried to such extremes.
        A small nitpick, but I believe she said he would be the first homeschool shooter, implying that Barron would take out his dad. Or at least that's how I took it. Not exactly hilarious, but I will admit I saw some humor in it.

Rich is an SNL writer. I think those people live in a bit of an echo chamber and are under a lot of pressure to constantly be funny. Sounds like she misfired and needs to take a step back to get back in touch with society.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Agreed. Plus, she gave a good apology. None of this "if I offended anyone" stuff. Just a straight up apology.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            Oh, well that's different. Why is Lebowski misleading us? SAD!
            Fake news, baby.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Fake news, baby.
              Seems more like alternative facts to me.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I might never watch the news again. We are a laughingstock.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  I might never watch the news again. We are a laughingstock.
                  Whatever do you mean?

Donald+Trump+President+Donald+Trump+Signs+sY0dVjJ0tVGl.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Whatever do you mean?
                    Yeah, no kidding. I am going to be watching the news more than ever.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• It's going to be an odd few years, that's for sure. I've never seen the press openly entrench themselves like they started tonight, so early in an administration. I'm not saying it's not warranted, but it's crazy to watch.

Front page headline of NYT tonight is, "Trump Repeats Lie..." they don't say “exaggeration” or “inflates”, but they call him a liar on the front page, Day 2. They know he's reading it, so they are trolling and drawing hard lines.

Fascinating.

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. I am going to be watching the news more than ever.

I don't know. It's all just so depressing.

But this made me laugh.

Trump names his Inauguration Day a ‘National Day of Patriotic Devotion’
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          I don't know. It's all just so depressing.

But this made me laugh.

Trump names his Inauguration Day a ‘National Day of Patriotic Devotion’
                          Sounds like something straight out of North Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            It is a strange tradition (that started with Bush I in 1989 as I understand).

The first Bush declared his Inauguration Day the "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".

Clinton (1993): "National Day of Fellowship and Hope"
                            Clinton (1997): "National Day of Hope and Renewal"

W (2001) paid homage to his Father and re-used "National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving".
                            I didn't see one for W in 2005.

Obama (2009): "National Day of Reconciliation and Renewal"
                            Obama (2013): "National Day of Hope and Resolve"
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              This also sounds like something straight out of North Korea. Trump issues gag order on EPA and USDA. I'm having a hard time keeping up at this point.

http://www.popsci.com/usda-epa-scien...der-government
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                                This also sounds like something straight out of North Korea. Trump issues gag order on EPA and USDA. I'm having a hard time keeping up at this point.

http://www.popsci.com/usda-epa-scien...der-government
                                Bloody hell. That is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X