Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Over/under on impeachment?
    2 years

Comment

Over/under on impeachment?
      Alan Lichtman (sp) who is a historian and one of a very few who predicted Donald would win, also is predicting impeacment. If it happens, I hope it happens early in his term so Pence and the republicans can do some really good things before the 2020 elections.

Comment

• The fact that he hasn't divested himself of his businesses is really nuts. It's almost like he wants to get impeached. Or maybe he's just arrogant enough to think he can beat it.

Comment

• LOL at the impeachment prediction. Who's gonna do it? The GOP-controlled congress who is currently letting Trump have his way with anything?
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• At the risk of having JL point out I am an avid Trump man, I am watching the press conference and Spicer is doing much, much better.

For anyone who cares, JL there might be one person besides me who has a passing interest in what I think, I really want Trump to succeed. I want him to get to the point that my respect for him gets me to put Pres. in front of his name as I always tried to do for Pres. Obama.

Here is the reason. In the realm of things I am not going to be here a hell of a lot longer. I would like to see good things happen even if it is a result of someone with a dubious character.

I always thought McConell's desire to make Pres. Obama a one term President a really stupid and crappy thing to say. If the far left agenda had made America a lot better, that would have been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              That press conference disputing the reporting on crowd size was just bizarre.
              It's not that bizarre of thing to do for a dictator wannabe type leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                On the crowd dust up, yes I firmly believe President Obama had a larger crowd, there are side by side pictures constantly run. Heck, the one of Trumps crowd looks only half full at best. In addition it looks like there are people quite a ways away with plenty of open space (white in the pic) in front of them.

Does anyone know whether the Trump picture was taken at the actual time of the swearing in or prior or after?
                I think that Metallica (Moscow 1991) had a bigger crowd...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  I think that Metallica (Moscow 1991) had a bigger crowd
                  News of that concert made it all the way over to Seville, Spain. The Black Album was everywhere and we took great pleasure in listening to Spaniards "sing" the lyrics (no doubt they too took the same great pleasure in listening to us butcher their own language).

Also, NWC, why is that an LOL question? When he's polling at 25% 3 months from now and enough of these allegations begin to stick, the Republicans will abandon ship. Or do you think they want to see a clean sweep in the midterms?
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Trump has resigned all of his positions from over 400 companies! This is vintage Trump, conveying the impression to the uninformed or simply stupid that he is fully satisfying any concerns about possible conflicts of interest, while doing absolutely nothing of substance. As long as he retains ownership of those companies, resigning as an officer and/or director is meaningless, since with the stroke of a pen he could put himself back into whatever position he desired. He is, and presumably always will be, an "affiliate" or a "controlling person" of every entity in the Trump empire, and nothing short of full divestiture will change that.

Should he divest? I'm actually open to the position that he shouldn't, or at least shouldn't be forced to do so. But I'd be okay with that, if ever, only if he were completely transparent with respect to the operations of those businesses, including his personal and all corporate tax returns. But he's said that won't happen, which is why there will always be very serious ethical concerns.

Comment

News of that concert made it all the way over to Seville, Spain. The Black Album was everywhere and we took great pleasure in listening to Spaniards "sing" the lyrics (no doubt they too took the same great pleasure in listening to us butcher their own language).

Also, NWC, why is that an LOL question? When he's polling at 25% 3 months from now and enough of these allegations begin to stick, the Republicans will abandon ship. Or do you think they want to see a clean sweep in the midterms?
                      Correct. It all depends on what charges are leveled against him. But if there are real corruption charges that can stick due to his business interests and he hasn't managed to win the country over with...whatever his agenda and policies are, then Republicans will throw him overboard. Being divorced from the establishment is a double-edged sword. If it gets really rocky he'll look behind him and no one will be there except the Kelly Ann Conway types.

I still think it's unlikely but like I said depends on what happens with his companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Correct. It all depends on what charges are leveled against him. But if there are real corruption charges that can stick due to his business interests and he hasn't managed to win the country over with...whatever his agenda and policies are, then Republicans will throw him overboard. Being divorced from the establishment is a double-edged sword. If it gets really rocky he'll look behind him and no one will be there except the Kelly Ann Conway types.

I still think it's unlikely but like I said depends on what happens with his companies.
                        Time will tell. But republicans have had about 2 years now to solidly rebuke and/or distance themselves from Trump. There have been a few here and there that have made waves, but even the most vocal critics (Cruz, Rubio) now support him publicly. I see no backbone from the GOP that would lead to a decision to impeach him, even if his numbers nosedive. It would take a solid win for the democrats in a midterm election to get the impeachment ball rolling.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• At least some of our foreign friends are having some fun with Trump's election (this was posted on FB by Ox):

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            At least some of our foreign friends are having some fun with Trump's election (this was posted on FB by Ox):
                            That was pretty dang funny.

Comment

• Anybody following the controversy over the Katie Rich tweet about Baron Trump? She tweeted that Baron would be the first homeschool mass shooter. Massive blowback in social media. She retracted the tweet and apologized but it now appears that the tweet cost her her job:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/a...ump-tweet.html

I see LA Ute is applauding this firing on Facebook. Hey I get the outrage, but it should stop when she retracts the tweet and/or apologizes. This notion that our bloodlust is not fully satisfied until someone's career is destroyed is ridiculous and makes us no better than the SJW snowflakes that we often mock. Public shaming is wrong when carried to such extremes.
                              Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-23-2017, 07:47 PM.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Anybody following the controversy over the Katie Rich tweet about Barron Trump? She tweeted that Barron would be the first homeschool mass shooter. Massive blowback in social media. She retracted the tweet and apologized but it now appears that the tweet cost her her job:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/a...ump-tweet.html

I see LA Ute is applauding this firing on twitter. Hey I get the outrage, but it should stop when she retracts the tweet and/or apologizes. This notion that our bloodlust is not fully satisfied until someone's career is destroyed is ridiculous and makes us no better than the SJW snowflakes that we often mock. Public shaming is wrong when carried to such extremes.
                                I agree. People should be allowed to appologize. Certain things like Kramer yelling the N word over and over at a heckler on stage should still result in loss of employment but this didn't rise to that level IMO. Also the tweets by the modern family lady about Baron Trunp weren't on the same level as even the Rich tweets. They basically said the kid looked bored and it was kind of funny. Not the same thing as saying the kid will be a shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X