Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    You love an echo chamber, too.
    yikes, feelings hurt by an informed perspective. snowflake much?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Maybe they can rename it "NICE"? Would that placate democrats?
      Maybe, as long as that Oscario lady was out in charge.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        yikes, feelings hurt by an informed perspective. snowflake much?
        Trump is Hitler! Trump is a monster! Trump is going to eliminate presidential term limits! Trump will rig elections! Yeah, super informed opinions.

Comment

Trump is Hitler! Trump is a monster! Trump is going to eliminate presidential term limits! Trump will rig elections! Yeah, super informed opinions.
          pretty triggered there, snowflake
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            pretty triggered there, snowflake

Comment

You love an echo chamber, too.
              What? Didn’t I welcome you back? Calm down buddy.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I don't get any of these recent digs about this place being any echo chamber. It's never been that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  You did and that was neighborly. Thank you.

I said the echo chamber comment because it seems alternative, minority, conservative viewpoints don't seem so welcome in here and you've cheerled other posters when I've posted such before. Maybe it's more perception than reality, tho.

I do think my posts are fairly tame and I get the calm down treatment. Commando gets ragey and he gets the I love you treatment.

Comment

I very much sympathize with the plight of people seeking a better life here. I don't think immigration should be merit-based only. I would support a system that allows not only legitimate asylum-seekers, but also people that just want a better life. Maybe that's a lottery, maybe there is a better way.
                    Pretty simple. If a person can prove citizenship from any of the 150 countries around the world where US troops are deployed, then they get in - no questions asked - as it is very likely the US contributed to fucking up the country enough to cause the immigration to occur.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I said the echo chamber comment because it seems alternative, minority, conservative viewpoints don't seem so welcome in here and you've cheerled other posters when I've posted such before. Maybe it's more perception than reality, tho.

I do think my posts are fairly tame and I get the calm down treatment. Commando gets ragey and he gets the I love you treatment.
                      Ragey. Lol. You are clearly not a student of my posts.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

For the record, I love Commando because he seems like a genuinely kind and compassionate person, he is extremely knowledgable about immigration issues, and he takes the time to explain things clearly and thoroughly. And we go way back. That comment was not a slam on you. Stick around.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          Pretty simple. If a person can prove citizenship from any of the 150 countries around the world where US troops are deployed, then they get in - no questions asked - as it is very likely the US contributed to fucking up the country enough to cause the immigration to occur.
                          For sure. Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Japan, Korea, Bahrain. That's almost 90% of overseas deployments. Those are real basket cases.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Have I been arguing immigration law on here? Don't assume I'm the same as some people on your or your friends' facebook feeds. You may think you know me and lump me in with others, but I'm not some blind Trump supporter. I fall in the Mitt Romney and / or Ben Shapiro camp -- I'm pleased with and will support Trump's progress on conservative goals and policies, but will not hesitate to criticize and NOT support stuff when it's wrong. I don't automatically assume the best or the worst with him. I much preferred other candidates over Trump, but I have no regrets having him as president versus Hillary. That was the choice.

BTW, are you for open borders? Should anyone who wants to move here be allowed to? If not, we can probably get close to agreeing with one another. As you said, there are finite resources. We can't absorb everyone that might want to move here. I'm not for completely closed borders. I very much sympathize with the plight of people seeking a better life here. I don't think immigration should be merit-based only. I would support a system that allows not only legitimate asylum-seekers, but also people that just want a better life. Maybe that's a lottery, maybe there is a better way. I would support a guest worker program that allows some people to come and go legally. I'm not totally aligned with Trump on border issues, but I do think we need to enforce our borders and know who is coming and going. Other countries do so, but when the US does then we are horrible, apparently.

Also, I'd like people to recognize the genuine difficulty and nuance of the immigration matter, without going full blast and calling everyone monsters. There are significant numbers of adults traveling with children that they are not related to. There is some human trafficking going on. How do we protect children in those situations? Separation is sometimes appropriate.

I'm not on here arguing immigration law so chill out. It's as if you are taking your facebook feed anger and directing it at me now that you are on an anonymous board.

Sure, you are right here. We do have finite resources. Enforcement is a choice, but unless you are for open borders, the matter is more complicated and nuanced than just calling other people monsters. This article seems like a reasonable overview of the matter to me. You hate Trump already, so you seem to view everything he does in the worst possible, most sinister way.

But hey, it all appears to be okay when Democrats do it, though.

Clinton:

Obama:

Trump shouldn't have said that, but the Democrats are plenty guilty here. They just send their SEIU goons to do their dirty work for them and beat up republican protesters.

It's not an either or. Trump appears to making some progress with the VA, and has made more of an effort than his predecessor, but there is far more to do here. I do think the VA should be getting our best efforts.

One last thing. I come here in peace. You don't have to get ragey to convince / have a discussion with me.
                            But Clinton from year 2000? Lol

Comment

No one argued that. But defending arresting any and every illegal is pretty bad.why are you defending ice and trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                For sure. Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Japan, Korea, Bahrain. That's almost 90% of overseas deployments. Those are real basket cases.
                                Ron Paul 2012!

Comment

Working...
                                X