Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    We talk about the "Greatest Generation" or attach other names to generations of the past. Future generations are going to look back at the one that elected Trump as the stupidest generation ever: "What in the hell were those people thinking!!??!"
    This attitude is how you get more Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
      so I should just not comment on stuff I disagree with when it comes to Trump and he'll just go away?

Comment

so I should just not comment on stuff I disagree with when it comes to Trump and he'll just go away?
        Please comment on what you disagree with. The problem is the condescending attitude that only racists, idiots, etc. would have voted for Trump.

Comment

Please comment on what you disagree with. The problem is the condescending attitude that only racists, idiots, etc. would have voted for Trump.
          I didn't say that. I said that in the future I believe most everyone will look back and wonder why America voted for that.

But I just did comment on something I disagree with, which is federal agents acting in an unconstitutional way by crashing someone's home without a warrant, which I think reflects Trump's disregard for civil liberties. Ignoring that, you chose to pull out something else showing my attitude is somehow going to bring on more Trump.
          Last edited by BlueK; 02-27-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I'm going to guess Commando isn't on board with ICE agents acting like this:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02/...-familys-home/

Seems to fit well with the kind of America Trump is trying to create though.
            Damn you!

I didn't look closely enough, and now I've just wasted one of my free trib articles on that?

I mean - it was ok, and I was interested in what ICE agents were acting like. But when I'm limited to 10 articles, I've got to be a little discriminating now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              Damn you!

I didn't look closely enough, and now I've just wasted one of my free trib articles on that?

I mean - it was ok, and I was interested in what ICE agents were acting like. But when I'm limited to 10 articles, I've got to be a little discriminating now...
              It would probably take me longer than a year to get through my 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                Damn you!

Just read the DNews version instead: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...r-2-raids.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  Just read the DNews version instead: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...r-2-raids.html
                  To answer the question a couple of people raised in the comments section,

Yes, the 4th amendment also protects non-citizens. This is firmly established through the 14th amendment and numerous court cases over the years.

And the article stated that the 4 children who were present are US citizens anyway. They at least had the right not to have 28 federal agents bust down the doors of their home pointing assault rifles at everyone, without a proper warrant.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 02-27-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I'm going to guess Commando isn't on board with ICE agents acting like this:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02/...-familys-home/

Seems to fit well with the kind of America Trump is trying to create though.
                    I'm surprised this is news- other than the fact they are actually anteing up and suing. This happens every single day in every city where ICE maintains any kind of presence at all. I'm telling you-- these guys are the bottom of the barrel. Extremely unsophisticated intellects. And Trump wants to quickly dump 10,000 more into America? What could go wrong??
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I didn't say that. I said that in the future I believe most everyone will look back and wonder why America voted for that.

But I just did comment on something I disagree with, which is federal agents acting in an unconstitutional way by crashing someone's home without a warrant, which I think reflects Trump's disregard for civil liberties. Ignoring that, you chose to pull out something else showing my attitude is somehow going to bring on more Trump.
                      What you said:

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Future generations are going to look back at the one that elected Trump as the stupidest generation ever: "What in the hell were those people thinking!!??!"
                      I added in the racist part because trump voters are regularly called racist, but I'm pretty sure "stupidest" and "idiots" mean basically the same thing.

I actually agree with you that those federal agents appear to have acted horribly. We can both agree on protecting civil liberties. I am glad that Obama voters (not sure if you are one) are finding the Constitution relevant again after 8 years of regularly ignoring it.

Comment

Or less Hillary Clintons.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Quit criticizing Trump or you will force GOP snowflakes idiots to support him, because they vote entirely as a reaction to criticism and have little free will.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Quit criticizing Trump or you will force GOP snowflakes idiots to support him, because they vote entirely as a reaction to criticism and have little free will.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

What you said:

I added in the racist part because trump voters are regularly called racist, but I'm pretty sure "stupidest" and "idiots" mean basically the same thing.

I actually agree with you that those federal agents appear to have acted horribly. We can both agree on protecting civil liberties. I am glad that Obama voters (not sure if you are one) are finding the Constitution relevant again after 8 years of regularly ignoring it.
                              I've already told you I did not vote for Obama. I am a Libertarian, not a democrat. I know it's hard for most people to get past the simplistic, binary, left-right thing. So bringing up democrats' bad behavior doesn't go anywhere with me. I choose to "waste" my vote every election (not that one vote ever decides it anyway) because I typically see both parties as pretty awful most of the time. I was disappointed in George W. Bush for letting his exuberance in trying to fight terrorism overtake his better judgment and start ignoring the law and authorizing warrantless searches. Then I was even more disappointed again in Obama campaigning on stopping such behavior only to ramp it up even worse when he got in office. But Trump takes everything to a totally new level not only when it comes to being wrongheaded about pretty much everything, but he combines that with corruption and sheer incompetence. He makes every president who has ever had the office from either party look almost as good as George Washington.

More simply put, this is about me believing in libertarian principles and Trump being the most anti-libertarian ever to hold the office. It's the very thing that makes him not able to resist praising dictators while insulting world leaders from free countries. Mock it if you must. We don't have to agree.

By the way, why can't Jared Kushner get a security clearance?
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-28-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK in 2016 View Post
                                Trump isn't Teflon anymore. Maybe it seemed like it during the primaries, but his latest scandals are actually hurting him now:

"The conventional wisdom from the primaries — that Trump was unaffected by scandals or other negative storylines — hasn’t held up in the general election. Trump is the most unpopular presidential nominee of the modern era, and furthermore, downswings in his polling correlate well with specific incidents, such as his criticism of Judge Gonzalo Curiel and Khizr and Ghazala Khan. He’s also lost further ground to Hillary Clinton since the tape was released last week."

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-isnt-teflon/
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X