Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    WHat were you saying before about deflecting?
    That doesn’t make any sense, Mr Pedantic.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• True. But I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        [ATTACH]8448[/ATTACH]
        Fake! That hand is waaaay to big!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Wow. Trump tells Bannon to shut up or face a lawsuit.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=52128555
          It's all bluster. Bannon (and the rest of us) could only hope that Trump would sue him. Then we get to see Trump and his team of White House doofuses deposed under oath.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Way to ensure this book's popularity:

Trump trying to stop publication of explosive book about his presidency: report

President Trump is reportedly attempting to stop the publication of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," Michael Wolff's explosive new book about his campaign and presidency.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that Trump's attorneys have sent a cease-and-desist letter to the book's publisher, demanding that Henry Holt & Company not publish the book and apologize to the president.

The letter, according to the Post, demands that Henry Holt & Co. "immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book," including excerpts and summaries of the book's contents, and requests a copy of the book in its entirety as they pursue possible legal action.
            http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-about-his?amp

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Way to ensure this book's popularity:

The fact that the president has no understanding of or respect for the First Amendment should be more annoying to Republicans than it is.

Have Obama say the same thing about a book he didn't like and they would have screamed about it.

This isn't a trivial thing we should brush off with the usual, "well, trump is just being trump" nonsense. This is the president of the US trying to normalize the idea among his cult following that it should be illegal to say or publish something unflattering about our "dear leader." It cuts to the center of what freedom in this country means. Ok, I firmly have my Libertarian hat on while saying this, but I tend to think it's kind of important what the attitude of our President is toward basic freedoms.
              Last edited by BlueK; 01-04-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                The fact that the president has no understanding of or respect for the First Amendment should be more annoying to Republicans than it is...
                It makes me laugh, to be honest. His frequent threats to sue people who say stuff he doesn't like cracks me up. I figured when he started calling everyone liars instead of threatening to sue that maybe it meant someone had explained to him that he won't win a lawsuit just because he doesn't like what people say.

As a Republican - I don't necessarily find it annoying. Because there really isn't anything he can do about it. In fact, I find it funny that it's got to be annoying to Trump that he can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  It makes me laugh, to be honest. His frequent threats to sue people who say stuff he doesn't like cracks me up. I figured when he started calling everyone liars instead of threatening to sue that maybe it meant someone had explained to him that he won't win a lawsuit just because he doesn't like what people say.

As a Republican - I don't necessarily find it annoying. Because there really isn't anything he can do about it. In fact, I find it funny that it's got to be annoying to Trump that he can't.
                  Ok, fair enough I guess. I'm happy he can't do anything about it.

But on a different topic, the fact we have such a willfully ignorant utter moron in the White House should be a little troubling in light of the fact we have so many trouble spots in the world right now like N. Korea, Iran, etc. Who cares what a nutcase celebrity says or does. But unfortunately he's not just that anymore.

Comment

But on a different topic, the fact we have such a willfully ignorant utter moron in the White House should be a little troubling ...
                    Yes, it is.

I'm hoping that having him there now will help everyone to take elections more seriously in the future. But maybe that's me just trying to be optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      Yes, it is.

I'm hoping that having him there now will help everyone to take elections more seriously in the future. But maybe that's me just trying to be optimistic.
                      Agreed. The funny thing is he polls best among older white people, especially men. You would think that group would have some respect for things Trump shows little respect for. I don't think among his voters that it was so much just about him as much as it was about casting an angry vote against the reality of the changing demographics of the country -- thus the extreme positions on immigration, international trade, etc.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 01-04-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Agreed. The funny thing is he polls best among older white people, especially men. You would think that group would have some respect for things Trump shows little respect for. I don't think among his voters that it was so much just about him as much as it was about casting an angry vote against the reality of the changing demographics of the country -- thus the extreme positions on immigration, international trade, etc.
                        I think it was just an angry vote. Yes - some of it was people angry at changing demographics. But some of it was just people angry with politics and politicians. Angry with seeing the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Angry that the rules don't seem to apply to the "entitled Washington elites".

I kind of think that the tea party folks are coming from a similar place.

People were angry at the status quo and wanted to "show them", so they voted as an angry protest. But it wasn't just about demographics. I don't think he wins if it's just that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Way to ensure this book's popularity:

I don't know why Drumpf is so worried about this book... the author, himself, admits that the stories seem like a work of fiction:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            I don't know why Drumpf is so worried about this book... the author, himself, admits that the stories seem like a work of fiction:

He apparently taped a bunch of those interviews. http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...cording-770431

So yeah, nice try. I was expecting you being a true Libertarian and all, to rail against Sessions restarting the war on pot.
                            Last edited by frank ryan; 01-05-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• If Trump and Bannon are the number one and number 2 evil people in America today, who should I believe when they contradict each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                If Trump and Bannon are the number one and number 2 evil people in America today, who should I believe when they contradict each other?
                                That's a hard one, because Trump already contradicts himself all the damn time.

Comment

Working...
                                X