Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    Speaking of, I was a the Supreme Court today (humble brag for lawyers, embarrassing fact for normal people); I think Gorsuch is kind of a dick. I see why Trump choose him.
    Do tell.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      The video, which puts his always-patronizing approach on full display, is truly embarrassing. I understand that many like what he has done (or not done) thus far, but how anyone can approve of his manner of speech, texting and demeanor is stupefying.
      How I feel about Trump is no secret, but I’m continually flabbergasted how those who support/supported him continue to try and justify their opinions. He’s one of the worst Presidents of all time, less than a year into office. I think some of this has to do with scapegoating the mainstream media, and relying on tweets, memes and talk radio for information.

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      Speaking of, I was a the Supreme Court today (humble brag for lawyers, embarrassing fact for normal people); I think Gorsuch is kind of a dick. I see why Trump choose him.
      I thought it was sort of sketchy that he likes to hold speeches on Trump property. Maybe Mike Lee will be the next SCOTUS pick!
      Last edited by frank ryan; 11-27-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Great guy, our president:

How can you not be proud of him?
        holy smokes
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          But ... but ... but ... SUPREME COURT PICKS!
          Yeah. When the National Review makes a well-reasoned argument that the SCOTUS isn't a good enough reason to vote for Trump, it's time to find a candidate to run against him in the primaries.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• For the love of God, can someone stop Trump from tweeting.

LONDON—Donald Trump retweeted an apparent snuff video to his 40 million followers Wednesday morning, with footage depicting what looked like a brutal murder carried out by an Islamist mob that had been posted by a far-right British political activist.

The extraordinary act by a sitting president was apparently a tweet too far even for Trump’s staunchest allies, including a prominent editor at InfoWars, who admitted this was “not great optics.”

The clip appears to show radicals—one of whom is carrying what looks like a black ISIS flag—throwing a man from the roof of a building and then beating him as he lay on the ground. The footage was part of a series of videos posted by an Islamophobic street campaigner called Jayda Fransen.

Fransen, the deputy leader of far-right group Britain First, is due to appear in court next month after being charged with “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior” during one of her “anti-terrorism” rallies in Britain this past summer.

Two of Fransen’s other videos—which were also retweeted by the president—were apparently aimed at inciting religious hatred. One was titled “Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary!” and the other was “Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!” According to Dutch media, the teen seen bullying the kid on crutches turned out not to be a Muslim or an immigrant.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/presid...out-snuff-film

Comment

• b-b-but he will be a defender of religious freedom! insane how the guy who refuses to condemn literal white supremacists will get a pass on this from a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                The video, which puts his always-patronizing approach on full display, is truly embarrassing. I understand that many like what he has done (or not done) thus far, but how anyone can approve of his manner of speech, texting and demeanor is stupefying.
                I find this stuff embarrassing, too. I do not approve of his speech, texting, and demeanor much of the time. But there are two important equations:

Substance (what is being done or accomplished) > Form
                Trump > Hillary

Also, when you [not you specifically] demonize classy moderates, like Mitt Romney, as greedy, racist, sexist, or even like Hitler, then you get Trump. Trump is not so much the problem as he is a symptom of many deep problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  b-b-but he will be a defender of religious freedom! insane how the guy who refuses to condemn literal white supremacists will get a pass on this from a lot of people.
                  It is nice to see that the government is no longer seeking to punish the Little Sisters of the Poor for not providing contraceptives as part of their health plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                    It is nice to see that the government is no longer seeking to punish the Little Sisters of the Poor for not providing contraceptives as part of their health plans.
                    you are dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Fransen, the deputy leader of far-right group Britain First, is due to appear in court next month after being charged with “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior” during one of her “anti-terrorism” rallies in Britain this past summer.

Two of Fransen’s other videos—which were also retweeted by the president—were apparently aimed at inciting religious hatred.
                      I don't disagree that Trump should stay away from Twitter and that these tweets are beneath the President, but I find the following quite troubling:

1. Someone is being charged and appearing in court due to "insulting words or behavior?" Good thing for old_gregg that he doesn't live in Britain.
                      2. A Muslim destroys a statue of the Virgin Mary and the person that documented that / shared that is the one inciting religious hatred? It's the other way around.

Comment

I don't disagree that Trump should stay away from Twitter and that these tweets are beneath the President, but I find the following quite troubling:

1. Someone is being charged and appearing in court due to "insulting words or behavior?" Good thing for old_gregg that he doesn't live in Britain.
                        2. A Muslim destroys a statue of the Virgin Mary and the person that documented that / shared that is the one inciting religious hatred? It's the other way around.
                        Ok, Breitbart reader. Reposting emotionally loaded videos from white supremivists (Britain First/BNP are fascists) should never be considered ok to do, let alone for POTUS to do.
                        Last edited by frank ryan; 11-29-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Trump is like a clueless, dumbass uncle posting racist videos on FB. Except he is doing it from the white house. smh.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Let's clear this shit up: Trump is not > Hillary. In any equation.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

funny that the hatred trump is concerned with is of the muslim variety.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Ok, Breitbart reader. Reposting emotionally loaded videos from white supremivists (Britain First/BNP are fascists) should be considered ok to do, let alone for POTUS to do.
                                1. Don't read Breitbart, but good job assuming that if someone doesn't share your worldview, then they must be getting news from talk radio, memes, or breitbart.
                                2. You didn't read my post closely.

Comment

Working...
                                X