Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    So Trump may drag us into a war, destroy the Republican Party, and do other untold damage to our nation, but by golly we won’t get a liberal on the Supreme Court!

You are indeed a master of mocking arguments nobody is making.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Agreed and accusing people of not caring about racial and political divides because they don't agree with you isn't helpful either.
      Ok, you’re right maybe you do care about those things, in which case you struggling to recognize the impact of s presidents on those issues and fail to acknowledge his unprecented attitudes and positions. You won’t agree with this but Trump is racist and Hillary is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        His tweets this morning probably don't feel meaningless to the people who live in Puerto Rico.
        Given that they still don’t have basic utilities, they probably didn’t see them, so maybe they are meaningless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          These are decent posts...
          Especially this one. It seems the majority of the country has become as unhinged as the president.
          Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
          As an added comment, I think the largest danger and damage being done in our country today is by the populace ourselves. The polarization and refusal to have a civil conversation with someone who has opposing viewpoints is much more likely to cause lasting damage to the country than anything some buffoon in the White House can or will do.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

These are decent posts. I’d agree with them, but then I’d be labeled as a redhatter, so I won’t publicly agree with them.

You’re not a redhatter, you’re a redhatter enabler. Again, you complain about being labeled as such and the turn right around to minimize Trump’s behavior. You’re only a Trump critic if you actually criticize the guy.

Comment

• how in the world is trump responsible for any market growth? and nobody cares to actually consider whether gorsuch is a quality appointment? yikes
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Ok, you’re right maybe you do care about those things, in which case you struggling to recognize the impact of s presidents on those issues and fail to acknowledge his unprecented attitudes and positions. You won’t agree with this but Trump is racist and Hillary is not.
                I assure you I am not struggling.

Well, I do have a question. Why did Hillary get shouted down bt Black Lives Matter if she isn't racist. I myself am not by the way calling her racist.

The criteria for calling someone racist is very low these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  how in the world is trump responsible for any market growth? and nobody cares to actually consider whether gorsuch is a quality appointment? yikes
                  Sorry, I don't think I could explain it to someone with your limited understanding of finance and economics,

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    You’re not a redhatter, you’re a redhatter enabler. Again, you complain about being labeled as such and the turn right around to minimize Trump’s behavior. You’re only a Trump critic if you actually criticize the guy.
                    Not to respond for Moliere - but I feel like I'm coming from the same place he is, so I will...

I am and have been a Trump critic in many conversations - though not necessarily here. Even then, I don't know HOW many times I've even called him an idiot in various posts on this site.

The problem I see is that all too often some of the critique of him is overblown and full of hyperbole. I'm good with a fair critique and even agree with it. But I find myself defending against the over the top stuff - which then gets me labeled as a Trump fan-boy. Which I most definitely am not.

In a similar fashion - you were often put in this same position with our past president (please try to look at this objectively, as I recognize there is a difference between Obama and Trump - though both have their faults.)

You would say that you criticized Obama for his faults. But the reality is that you spent much more of your time defending him against attacks that you viewed as unfair or misdirected. Often due to hyperbole and assumptions made by the attacker.

I'm just saying that some of us now find ourselves in a similar position. It isn't that Trump hasn't earned plenty of reasons to be critical of him as POTUS. It's that often the attacks against him are for the flimsiest of reasons and filled with conjecture and hyperbole. Which, to be honest, is pretty silly. Because it isn't hard to make a reasonable critique of the guy without having to quickly jump to the outlandish.

And that is why I said that BYU71 had burned you. Because he mentioned a couple of things that he felt were good coming from this administration - and you dismissed them both as as inconsequential due to "embarrassing tweets".

Comment

how in the world is trump responsible for any market growth? and nobody cares to actually consider whether gorsuch is a quality appointment? yikes
                      He’s directly responsible for some stock price growth in the financial services sector. Anyone that looks at banks stocks before and after the election would know this.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        I assure you I am not struggling.

Well, I do have a question. Why did Hillary get shouted down bt Black Lives Matter if she isn't racist. I myself am not by the way calling her racist.

The criteria for calling someone racist is very low these days.
                        You’re a racist when you say racist things. Hey Hillary hasn’t said racist things. Trump has. It wouldn’t matter if the criteria was high, he’d meet it. You and I don’t agree on what racist behavior is, we won’t agree on much else.

Comment

He’s directly responsible for some stock price growth in the financial services sector. Anyone that looks at banks stocks before and after the election would know this.

ok, so the argument we're going with is that because market growth has occurred trump is responsible?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

ok, so the argument we're going with is that because market growth has occurred trump is responsible?
                            How is he not responsible? All bank stocks jumped significantly the day after the election and they’ve stayed up for the most part. Did something else happen on Election Day to cause the jump?

Comment

• I’m sure dropping out of NAFTA would impact the markets at all.

Trump warns it's 'possible' the US will drop out of Nafta - the guardian
                              https://apple.news/AsBJQ5i5tOeCAIcAKtg-GpQ

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                You are indeed a master of mocking arguments nobody is making.
                                In the middle of a discussion where people claim frank is only worried about tweets.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X