Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    His favorite lunchtime meal is a cheeseburger, also well done. So many things about this guy are adolescent at best.

I happened to watch an episode of The West Wing yesterday in which the staff and political advisers are arguing over a speech that President Bartlet (<sniff>) is going to give. As Bartlet walks in behind him, one adviser is telling the others he wants to strike the phrase "to fall victim to torpor and timidity" from the text, arguing that the listeners won't understand it. Still walking, Bartlet responds,

Words that will never pass the lips of our ill-bred leader.... As Trump readies his first State of the Union speech this week, I assume he'll continue to employ his well-established grade school vocabulary and we can leave our dictionaries on the shelf.
    I don't like listening to him talk, not because of the grade school vocabulary but because he states policies I like and then steps all over his you know what with his "I am the greatest inuendos". Ali was the greatest and about the only one I was OK with claiming it over and over.

What I have also found interesting, just happen to be adding to my post not saying you have done this, are the people who look down on the "uneducated", whatever that means. Referemces abound classifying Trumps supporters as fools, racist, idiot (guess that is worse than a fool), deplorables, etc. Many so called educated actually believe the generalization.

I wonder how it would be taken if someone came out and started claiming the uneducated and people who can't get ID cards elected President Obama. There would be a huge outcry, rightly so.

Fortunately calling my friends and family who supported Trump fools and idiots and racists doesn't bother me like it did at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      I don't like listening to him talk, not because of the grade school vocabulary but because he states policies I like and then steps all over his you know what with his "I am the greatest inuendos". Ali was the greatest and about the only one I was OK with claiming it over and over.

What I have also found interesting, just happen to be adding to my post not saying you have done this, are the people who look down on the "uneducated", whatever that means. Referemces abound classifying Trumps supporters as fools, racist, idiot (guess that is worse than a fool), deplorables, etc. Many so called educated actually believe the generalization.

I wonder how it would be taken if someone came out and started claiming the uneducated and people who can't get ID cards elected President Obama. There would be a huge outcry, rightly so.

Fortunately calling my friends and family who supported Trump fools and idiots and racists doesn't bother me like it did at first.
      There are folksy, less-educated people who think clearly. Nobody is looking down their noses on people just because they aren't educated or don't speak in a polished manner.

Trump's speech is not real speech, but rather a bunch of unrelated emotions strung together, couple with hyperbole and self-aggrandizement. Who can enjoy that? He is NOT according to the terms un-educated, but he is unprincipled and undisciplined in how he speaks publicly.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        As I have ignored many a State of the Union address, I will continue to ignore its live broadcast so that I won't have to listen to the blustery buffoonery sure to flow from his lips. Of course, it remains possible that somebody will write a well-written address.
        State of the Union addresses are terrible. All that stopping and applauding for the stupidest things. They can barely get through a sentence without in interruption.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          State of the Union addresses are terrible. All that stopping and applauding for the stupidest things. They can barely get through a sentence without in interruption.
          I will be watching the Jazz. My guess is Trump will get something yelled at him worse than "you lied" or whatever was yelled at Pres. Obama.

I will also bet the MSM won't call it awful to do to a President.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Very good points. The ra-ra aspect of the SoUs is boring.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I will be watching the Jazz. My guess is Trump will get something yelled at him worse than "you lied" or whatever was yelled at Pres. Obama.

Poor Trump!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

You act like the MSM is one single giant entity. There are countless media outlets, some of whom have a conservative editorial lean, who would fall under that category. If that happens, and I hope it doesn't, I'm sure plenty of mainstream media outlets, such as Fox, will express significant criticism of it.

Comment

• Kelly Anne might deserve her own thread. Nut job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I'm not happy with Trump's announcement of a 9% increase in defense spending. It's actually not the increase that bothers me (the military and vets deserve our best efforts), but the announcement. Trump said he's doing it so "we can start winning again." If, as he implies, we haven't been winning, it isn't because of inadequate spending. It's because of chicken hawk politicians who pick the wrong battles to fight, esp. Trump who regards ISIS the same way we regarded the Axis or any other national foe. We need smarter, more strategic leadership, not just more armaments and higher paid forces (although, again, I don't oppose that).
                    To help make up the difference Drumpf wants to cut 24% of the EPA's budget...

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ending-reports

I don't have any problem increasing the defense budget by 9% as long as it is going toward cyber security and tracking down those damn Russian hackers. Under the Obama administration they were hacking elections!
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      Kelly Anne might deserve her own thread. Nut job.

Yeah, I don't know why we put up with people with their feet on the furniture in the oval office...

It was bad enough when Bill Clinton was doing unspeakable things in there with interns!
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That's funny.

Every time somebody post something negative about Trump or one of his toadies, even something lighthearted, we can count on uncle "tu quoque" ted to show us how Obama did something similar.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          That's funny.

Every time somebody post something negative about Trump or one of his toadies, even something lighthearted, we can count on uncle "tu quoque" ted to show us how Obama did something similar.
                          I find it funny that dems get all bend out of shape for the same sh*t but different day... Republicans and dems are two peas in a pod.

I do have to say that I suspect that the worst thing that a libertarian would do in the oval office is maybe smoke a joint.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What a stupid thing to get worked up about.

Comment

You don't know what uneducated means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                I find it funny that dems get all bend out of shape for the same sh*t but different day... Republicans and dems are two peas in a pod.

I do have to say that I suspect that the worst thing that a libertarian would do in the oval office is maybe smoke a joint.
                                You seem to have more disdain for one party than the other. Also, Donald Trump is a departure from past presidents in a pretty negative way. Your posts focus on normalizing him. He deserves scrutiny from Libertarians not apologetics. Jeff Sessions is going to come after states that legalized pot. That should offend your principles, and the Obama administration was hands off on states that legalized it.

Comment

Working...
                                X