The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    I thought this was a good article on the issues with the dems open borders policy.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...migration.html

Sounds like a major issue with immigration law right now is the overly broad definition of asylum. If you can say with a straight face that someone is being mean to you, you can make an asylum claim in the US.

"Last month alone, 144,000 people were detained at the border making an asylum claim. This year, about a million Central Americans will have relocated to the U.S. on those grounds."

Trump's policy hasn't changed significantly from Obama's but the number of immigrants is way, way up. The dems position on this has been to claim that there is no crisis and that Trump is racist. But the reality is that conditions have changed and the policy needs to adapt. The court systems and facilities for handling all of these "asylum seekers" are overwhelmed.
    Trump’s racist for more reasons than this. But racism drives how he handles this issue and he puts so much faith into Stephen Miller. It’s the whole fear of not enough white babies, and that is racist.

Comment

• This is a really, really long article about Hunter Biden. Poor fella is a bit of a mess.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...thers-campaign

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Trump’s racist for more reasons than this. But racism drives how he handles this issue and he puts so much faith into Stephen Miller. It’s the whole fear of not enough white babies, and that is racist.
        Look - we get it. Trump is a racist ass hole.

But you seem to have ignored the rest of the article/issue.

So - Democrats want to raise the cap on refugees from Central America to 100,000 per year. But there were 144,000 who were detained LAST MONTH. So - I think it's pretty safe to assume that the 100,000 per year cap - even if it's raised to that (what is it NOW?) - is just asking for more trouble. If we're looking at 144K a month, or 1.7 million a year - how does that even work?!? Let's pretend that we only get half of that - 860K+. That still blows the 100K cap out of the water. What happens with the rest? Why even HAVE a cap?

I know that people keep saying that open boarders isn't he goal. But it sure seems like it. And, to be quite honest, I'm not sure I completely have an issue with taking in as many people as we can. My question has more to do with capacity. What can the US absorb as far as new people coming into the country? And what are their expectations? What can we provide for them, what services do they need, how can we help them to integrate into local society and be successful, etc.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure what that looks like. But it sure feels like those are the questions that are being ignored or brushed over. If I'm on a boat and there's a sinking ship near me in the ocean, I want to pick up as many people as I can and get them to safety. But if I overload my boat too and it capsizes and we all drown, I'm not doing anyone any favors by letting them climb onboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          After watching the Dem debate I am convinced that Biden is far more racist than Drumpf... he made that little Harris girl ride a bus! WTF?

I don't think it is racist to not want a fully open border like the dems and give illegal immigrants free healthcare...

‘Isn’t That Effectively Open Borders?’: Stephanopoulos Challenges Julian Castro Over Immigration Proposals

George Stephanopoulos on Sunday challenged Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro over whether his proposals to provide health care to illegal immigrants and to decriminalize illegal border crossings amount to open border policies.

Stephanopoulos asked Castro, who served as secretary of Housing and Urban Development in the Obama administration, whether he gave an opening to Republicans who have accused Democrats of supporting open border policies in an interview on ABC’s “This Week.”
          [...]
          “When you add up all the proposals you’re calling for right now, decriminalization of crossing the border, no deportation absent other crimes, the offer of health benefits, also a possible path to citizenship. I know you reject the rhetoric about open borders, but isn’t that effectively open borders, not limiting how — immigration in any real way?”
          https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/30/s...s-immigration/
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            This is a really, really long article about Hunter Biden. Poor fella is a bit of a mess.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              This is a really, really long article about Hunter Biden. Poor fella is a bit of a mess.

Correct on all counts. I kept thinking I must be nearing the end of the article, but it kept going and going. Definitely a mess. His wife's response when Hunter suggested running for office on the drive home from Beau's funeral services:

She pointed out that he had only recently been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. They rode the rest of the way home in silence.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                After watching the Dem debate I am convinced that Biden is far more racist than Drumpf... he made that little Harris girl ride a bus! WTF?

I don't think it is racist to not want a fully open border like the dems and give illegal immigrants free healthcare...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/30/s...s-immigration/
                Biden is a racist for NOT wanting Kamala Harris to ride the bus.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  Biden is a racist for NOT wanting Kamala Harris to ride the bus.
                  Yeah, that too! How could he do that to a little girl?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Is every member of Congress down at the border detention centers right now?
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Is every member of Congress down at the border detention centers right now?
                      Skateboard Jesus is in Mexico campaigning...

Well, That's Different: Beto Is Campaigning For POTUS...In Mexico

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-TX) must have missed the memo that he's running for President of the United States. O'Rourke, for whatever reason, is campaigning in Mexico. Again, did he not know he's running for President of the United States and not President of Mexico?
                      [...]
                      https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...exico-n2549231

Smart... unlike Hillary, Beto is going to campaign everywhere and not assume that he has it in the bag.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Is every member of Congress down at the border detention centers right now?
                        If not, they should be.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          If not, they should be.
                          I'd like them locked up in the detention centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Yeah, that too! How could he do that to a little girl?

If I am the Republicans...I have fun with this. Didn't most of us ride a bus to school?

Comment

• Poor little Kamala. Daughter of a highly successful medical researcher. Must have been rough.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Poor little Kamala. Daughter of a highly successful medical researcher. Must have been rough.
                                And a Stanford economics professor father!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X