The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    I don't think you can twist it to the point of saying racism isn't that bad because a few good things in race relations at some point in history were done by politicians that could have had racist beliefs.
    Maybe you should tell that to CNN... I am just quoting their article. Of course, maybe LBJ had other motives in being the "civil rights hero"...

"I'll have them n____rs voting Democratic for two hundred years." https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Maybe you should tell that to CNN... I am just quoting their article. Of course, maybe LBJ had other motives in being the "civil rights hero"...

"I'll have them n____rs voting Democratic for two hundred years." https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson
      "Maybe white racist politicians aren't so bad"

Sorry, can't agree with that, even if some in history did a few good things in their careers related to race. Good for that, but it doesn't make racism ok.
      Last edited by BlueK; 02-04-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

How do you feel about Trump's racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          How do you feel about Trump's racism?
          I think that Gov Northam looks much better in black face than Drumpf....

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think that Gov Northam looks much better in black face than Drumpf....

That looks more like shit face, which also seems more appropriate.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              That looks more like shit face, which also seems more appropriate.
              LOL.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Howard Schultz seems like a reasonable guy... I would maybe vote for him.

Poll: Democrats have reason to fret Schultz

Democrats have broken into a panic over Howard Schultz's talk of an independent bid for president. A new poll suggests they have reason to be worried.

The POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows anti-Trump and Democratic voters are more open to supporting third-party candidates than Republicans are — evidence supporting the prominent Democrats who spent the last week warning that a credible, well-funded independent candidate could improve President Donald Trump’s chances of reelection.

While only 26 percent of voters who approve of Trump's job performance as president said they were very or somewhat likely to consider a third-party candidate, a larger percentage of Trump disapprovers, 41 percent, said they would consider voting for an independent. By party, nearly a third of Democrats, 31 percent, say they would consider a third-party candidate, compared with 25 percent of Republicans who indicated they would consider voting for someone other than the two major-party nominees.
                [...]
                https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ocrats-1144286

Remember when Ross Perot got like 20% of the vote in 1992?
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Howard Schultz seems like a reasonable guy... I would maybe vote for him.
                  bump
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    As much as I'd love to mock you for this because politically you're a lunatic and personally you're a dick, I tend to agree with this line of thinking. His brief ownership of the Sonics shows that he can't be trusted. His time as the Sonics owner showed that he has no ability for soft politics (local political relationships, coalition building, fan appreciation, player relationships, taxpayer fatigue). This inability had significant impact on an entire city. He put thousands of people out of work who provided the infrastructure required to support a local sports franchise and destroyed a unifying community identity built around the Sonics.

Don't get me wrong. I hated the Sonics. But I hate even more that I can't hate them anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      As much as I'd love to mock you for this because politically you're a lunatic and personally you're a dick, I tend to agree with this line of thinking. His brief ownership of the Sonics shows that he can't be trusted. His time as the Sonics owner showed that he has no ability for soft politics (local political relationships, coalition building, fan appreciation, player relationships, taxpayer fatigue). This inability had significant impact on an entire city. He put thousands of people out of work who provided the infrastructure required to support a local sports franchise and destroyed a unifying community identity built around the Sonics.

Don't get me wrong. I hated the Sonics. But I hate even more that I can't hate them anymore.
                      bitmoji-20190205071233.jpg
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Yeah, maybe he should run as an independent... He could maybe turn Oklahoma into a swing state. I don't think they would vote for a Dem there but could be open to an independent.
                        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 02-05-2019, 06:52 PM.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Skateboard Jesus might officially be running for president!... Maybe he will drive his minivan to all 57 states.

Beto O'Rourke: "I'm thinking about running for president," decision by end of February

Beto O’Rourke said Tuesday he’s giving serious consideration to a run for president and he’ll make a decision by the end of Feburary.
                          [...]
                          http://www.fox4news.com/politics/bet...nd-of-february

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Based on 2016 data this analyst thinks that Shultz being in the race may actually hurt Trump more.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...trump-in-2016/

Comment

Based on 2016 data this analyst thinks that Shultz being in the race may actually hurt Trump more.

Interesting.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Based on 2016 data this analyst thinks that Shultz being in the race may actually hurt Trump more.

Yeah, that is what I am saying... http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1401901

Of course, to run as an independent doesn't he need something like 20% in the national polls?
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X