The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    So one of the women who came out last year and said Biden smelled her hair and rubbed her shoulders now claims he sexually assaulted her in 1993. The details she provides certainly qualify as assault in my mind. Once the virus outbreak is under control I guess we will see about the credibility of the allegation.
    Wait, allegations need to be credible now?

Comment

So one of the women who came out last year and said Biden smelled her hair and rubbed her shoulders now claims he sexually assaulted her in 1993. The details she provides certainly qualify as assault in my mind. Once the virus outbreak is under control I guess we will see about the credibility of the allegation.
      So is the #MeToo thing dead these days?

hnl4pk8bx7p41.jpg
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The National Review on Biden...

Will Biden Live Up to His Own Principles?
        According to Joe Biden, Joe Biden should step down under sexual-assault allegations.

[...]
        Indeed, to understand how to proceed, the media has only to take the advice of Biden, who two years ago argued that society had an obligation to presume that women who come forward with allegations of sexual assault should be believed irrespective of how flimsy that accusations may be:
        For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.
        Democrats should also be following this advice. Back in 2018, you will remember hearing the party arguing incessantly that “due process” was only a legal right, and that it was inoperative in Kavanaugh’s case because a Supreme Court hearing was nothing more than a “job interview.” Well, so is the presidency. A presidential election is just a job interview with the American voter. There are plenty of other candidates, no doubt, willing to take Biden’s place in the race. In fact, one major candidate is still in the race. (Granted, Bernie Sanders once wrote a creepy essay describing the sensuality of rape, but let’s set that aside for now.)
        [...]
        Like many others, however, Toobin wants to have it both ways. Simultaneously, he argues that any genuine due process was impossible — and, by the “believe all women” standard, even undesirable — yet also describes Blasey Ford as “credible.” But if the integrity of the accuser and the plausibility of her claims matter in determining the credibility of her allegations — and I certainly believe they should — then we are in a due-process debate. And we can really only determine the “credibility” of an accuser who offers vague accusations if we question them.

Embarrassingly for Biden, he has argued that such questioning is per se inappropriate:
        What should happen is the woman should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be, you know, abused again by the system. I hope that they understand what courage it takes for someone to come forward and relive what they believe happened to them and let them state it, but treat her with respect.
        If this is what “should happen,” why don’t Democrats practice it — and why doesn’t Biden himself step aside in order to live by the standards he championed only two years ago?

We know why.
        https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...wn-principles/

OK, Joe set the standard... we have to believe her.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          The National Review on Biden...

Fortunately, Trump completely rejects that standard. Otherwise, we'd be left without his steady, selfless and inspiring leadership during this time of crisis. Better still, his campaign lacks integrity so it won't fail to apply the standard to others in order to ensure Trump's reelection.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Fortunately, Trump completely rejects that standard. Otherwise, we'd be left without his steady, selfless and inspiring leadership during this time of crisis. Better still, his campaign lacks integrity so it won't fail to apply the standard to others in order to ensure Trump's reelection.
            Don't be daft. The Dems nominated Trump-lite on the cognitive decline.

Write in Tulsi!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

The National Review on Biden...

Is this Ted pretending to care about POTUS candidates being accused of sexual assault? Cute, and not remotely hypocritcal.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Is this Ted pretending to care about POTUS candidates being accused of sexual assault? Cute, and not remotely hypocritcal.
                I care about Joe... In his defense I am sure he can’t remember his sexual assault on this woman. I would believe that Joe can’t remember. His family should urge him to drop out because of his dementia. They shouldn’t let him go on like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I care about Joe...
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I care about Joe... In his defense I am sure he can’t remember his sexual assault on this woman. I would believe that Joe can’t remember. His family should urge him to drop out because of his dementia. They shouldn’t let him go on like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Of course you care, he is your king's enemy. Your twitter parade of altright hacks and grifters have interest in this story, which may be legit, so you do. Knock off the pretense that you have principles when it comes to politics. Your political spirit animal is an edgy teenage 4-chan user.

I like you and think your are a smart person, but your shtick has become a permanent part of your identify on here. You've overdosed on your own trolling to the point that your views are frequently close to those of people like Alex Jones.

Comment

• I have no problem stating that Trump is hypocritical. None at all.

But this one wasn't about Trump - it was about Biden. It was about Biden setting a standard that he insisted should be followed by someone being nominated to the supreme court. Does the same standard Biden proposes apply to someone being nominated to the presidency? His own standard? And if not, then why not?

Sure, Trump is a hypocrite. I'm not even sure that can be debated.

But is Biden a hypocrite too? Seems like if what he's proposing is good for one party, it's good for the other.

For me - it's just a great example of why political hyperbole is ridiculous. I'm all for politicians being required to be held to the same standards that they propose for their opponents - or at least being held accountable for making ridiculous statements and judgements regarding their opponents that they would be unwilling to accept for themselves given the same (or similar) circumstances.

Comment

• :confused2:

IMG_1C62BBE982ED-1.jpg
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I voted for Joe in the Democrat primary!

Comment

I voted for Joe in the Democrat primary!
                            I'll vote for Joe in November if he chooses a strong VP. Normally I don't care about VP, but I think his will be very powerful and might actually be the president at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              I'll vote for Joe in November if he chooses a strong VP. Normally I don't care about VP, but I think his will be very powerful and might actually be the president at some point.
                              I'll vote for the Libertarian...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I voted for Joe in the Democrat primary!
                                Me too

And I'll vote for him in the general election as well
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X