The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    And she was a law professor at Harvard... Obviously overrated.

Trump 2020!!!
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      This is like the speech Captain Kirk gives to the robot that makes it blow its reasoning circuits.
      LOL.
      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Interesting. If nothing else, this should bring more awareness of Gabbard's candidacy.
        Which, of course, won’t do her any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Is there any aspect of life Elizabeth Warren doesn't want to regulate? It seems like she has a "plan" for everything.

Comment

• I will go out on a limb and guess that Beto won't be getting the cop endorsement...

'O’Rourke Is Delusional': Sheriffs Rip Into Beto For Wanting to Send Cops to Confiscate AR-15s
            [...]
            "Mr. O’Rourke is delusional in regards to his gun control ideas," San Juan County Sheriff Shane Ferrari told Townhall, pointing to how the former Texas Senate candidate has gone from allowing people to keep their AR-15s to now wanting to send police to take them away.

"The biggest fear of any free society is the government at your door wanting to take away your rights by force. I do not see the men and women of law enforcement sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution doing this," Ferrari continued."In an act of desperation, Mr. O’Rourke is shamefully using tragedies our country has experienced and fear for his political gain. The very foundation of law enforcement is public trust. Frankly, no one should trust a man who talks out of both sides of his mouth."

"I'm not sure whether his statements are naive or just plain ignorant and arrogant. Maybe it's all three," said Eddy County Sheriff Mark Cage. "The thought of anyone utilizing my sheriff's office or any other law enforcement agency in this country as their personal Gestapo to go door to door violating citizen's rights is disgusting, unrealistic and downright un-American."

Cage is concerned if any law enforcement agency participates in O'Rourke's plan on a large scale, "bloodshed would be inevitable," adding that "some of my constituents are already adopting the mantra of 'Come take mine Beto!'...His rhetoric has gotten old and I look forward to the day when he shuts up."
            [...]
            https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...ar15s-n2554935

Is Beto done yet? For good?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              Which, of course, won’t do her any favors.
              I've been thinking that perhaps Tulsi's game now may be to run interference for Bernie, which is perhaps why she has said she won't be dropping out (despite her low polling numbers) and that she won't run as a 3rd party candidate.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• With Biden falling in the polls, Hillary should get into this race... She can beat Drumpf again!

The Mercury 13
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

With Biden falling in the polls, Hillary should get into this race... She can beat Drumpf again!
                  Agree with Amash, Hillary Clinton is a Donald Trump asset.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Who are you?
                    I might be a Russian bot.

Comment

• Another $800 Billion, Please
                      Senator Warren has another giant spending plan for you.

If it’s Monday, it must be another giant spending proposal from one of the Democratic presidential candidates. This week, like most weeks, the winner is front-runner Elizabeth Warren, who called in a post on Medium for another $800 billion in federal spending on K-12 education.
                      Her “plan”—she loves that word—would quadruple current spending on Title I funds for schools with low-income students to $450 billion over 10 years. She also wants $200 billion more for students with disabilities, $100 billion in other grants, and $50 billion for school buildings. Remember when K-12 used to be largely a state and local responsibility? It won’t be with Ms. Warren.
                      The Warren campaign said she will pay for this with her proposed wealth tax, which she claims will raise $2.75 trillion over 10 years. If you believe that, you probably don’t have a good tax lawyer or accountant. The Senator nonetheless says this wealth windfall will finance her $1.07 trillion universal child-care plan, $610 billion for free college tuition, her plan to cancel $640 billion in student debt and now $800 billion for K-12 education. This will be the hardest working wealth tax in history.
                      [...]
                      https://www.wsj.com/articles/another...se-11571698086

Maybe they can try her "tax the rich plan" out in Chicago and put an end to the teachers strike. The chicago budget is $838m in the hole. That has worked so well for California.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Can Hillary win again?

Hillary Clinton mulling 2020 run, citing weak Dem field, claim of email vindication: reports
                        [...]
                        Clinton in recent weeks has privately stated she would enter the 2020 presidential race if she were certain she could win, The New York Times reported Tuesday. The story, titled “Anxious Democratic Establishment Asks, ‘Is There Anybody Else?’,” said about a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered in New York City questioned whether former front-runner Joe Biden could stand strong against Trump, citing Biden’s lackluster debate performance in Ohio last week.

They also raised concerns about Biden's fundraising struggles and his need to defend his family’s business dealings in Ukraine amid the ongoing Trump impeachment inquiry.

They also said Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were likely too liberal to win the general election.
                        [...]
                        Clinton’s supporters within the Democratic establishment have also passed around an op-ed published earlier this month in the San Francisco Chronicle by former Mayor Willie Brown titled: “Who should run against Trump? How about Hillary Clinton?” The Washington Post reported.

Both the Post and the Times reported that Clinton was not the only possible last-minute candidate on Democrats’ minds. Also being considered were: former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Disney chief executive Bob Iger, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and former first lady Michelle Obama.
                        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...ashington-post
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No.

Next question.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Please no.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Please no.
                              Ha. I'd love it. Take what you can. She's the best hope for moderates at this point. I'd vote for her again.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Can Hillary win again?
                                She is one of the few in the Democratic Party that I cannot vote for. Just about everybody else, yes. Not that it matters who I vote for in Idaho. And it didn't matter last time around in California either. The electoral college makes my vote not count in many states.

Comment

Working...
                                X