The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Ok, is it an observation without meaning? Or does it have some import or meaning to you? Shall we catalog minorities who like Trump?
    Ok, to clarify.

I suppose I'm mostly just bashing the pro-Trump media types who are rushing to her defense when they don't have an ideological reason to. I don't like the Tucker Carlson, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham crowd who are giving her some love right now. They're not sincere in their praise, IMO. I think they just are happy to stir the pot more and support Trump's need to polarize. I didn't think that was that controversial.

As far Gabbard herself goes, I actually like her tone on her website and understand why she'd hold the positions she puts on there even if I'm not in agreement with all of them. I do like what she says about civil liberties, immigration, gerrymandering, and other things. I would hope she wouldn't want to mess with or overregulate the economy too much though. I would be concerned a little in that area.

I think Hillary is being crazy right now and is not helping the democrats with her extremist comments.

I do think Gabbard's ideas on peace are idealistic and sound sincere. But I also think they're a little naive. I can see Putin thinking he could push her around and have his way much like the Soviets probably thought about the unilateral nuclear freeze types in the US during the 70s and early 80s had someone like McGovern become president. Therefore, to me it doesn't seem like much of a stretch that Putin wouldn't mind her winning. Then again, he already has his way with Trump.

On the other hand, Gabbard would probably be able to repair our relationship with Western Europe and Canada, which I think would be a good thing.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-18-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

It might not be new, but it is (still) stupid.

Hilary and Trump are so much alike. Whereas Trump seems driven by an overwhelming need to be loved and admired, Hilary seems supremely confident of her superiority and so is unable to admit that any of her rejections have anything to do with her, they are instead a vast right wing, er, I mean, Russian, conspiracy and wouldn't you know they are doing it again. Trump wants to be loved and fears he isn't so keeps trying to show he deserves it. Hilary expects to be loved because she knows she deserves it and would get it if only we weren't all such stupid and unwitting dupes. I can't stand either of them.
      BOOM!

Well said.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Cat fight!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
          Yep. Nothing new about the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee promoting conspiracy theories about a current contender for the 2020 nomination being a Russian plant. Just business as usual.
          Dial back the condescension. Most people laughed away accusations that Trump was and/ or would a stooge or pawn for foreign governments. Tulsi does have some concerning characteristics. She reminds me more of Jill Stein than Trump.

Tulsi’s coziness with Assad has been a point of criticism for quite a while as has her unflinching support for Modi and Hindu nationalists. Tulsi has almost solely been focused on criticizing democrats, until Trump abandoned the Kurds. She threatened to boycott the debate and complained about the DNC like a giant baby. She has vocalized opposing the idea of impeaching him.

The Russian propaganda apparatus likes her.

The majority of these criticisms started before she announced her unwanted candidacy for POTUS.

Comment

• SMACKDOWN!

From November 2017:

Tulsi Gabbard: DNC Rigged the Presidential Primary and Damaged the Party

But but... doesn't Tulsi know that taking on Hillary will only make her MORE popular with conservatives?!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

It might not be new, but it is (still) stupid.

Hilary and Trump are so much alike. Whereas Trump seems driven by an overwhelming need to be loved and admired, Hilary seems supremely confident of her superiority and so is unable to admit that any of her rejections have anything to do with her, they are instead a vast right wing, er, I mean, Russian, conspiracy and wouldn't you know they are doing it again. Trump wants to be loved and fears he isn't so keeps trying to show he deserves it. Hilary expects to be loved because she knows she deserves it and would get it if only we weren't all such stupid and unwitting dupes. I can't stand either of them.
              Trump is much much much than Hillary would have been. They are both self-obsessed narcissists, Trump is detached from reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                Frank, here is a conspiracy theory you will like. Maybe the Russians realize that people like you will have a visceral reaction out of hand to any candidate perceived to be supported by Russian bots. Knowing this, the Russian bots now actually pick candidates who they are opposed to and feign support for those individuals and thereby throwing you onto their scent and derailing the hopes of a truly formidable Russian foe from being elected.

You need to be especially concerned with Russians if you think you know their strategy, these folks are always thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead (they are dominant in human chess after all). If you think you are on to them, you need to rethink your strategy because they have already shifted to account for your sleuthing prowess. Don't fall for their trap, Frank....you are better than this and can outsmart these Russians!
                Who are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  SMACKDOWN!

From November 2017:

Tulsi Gabbard: DNC Rigged the Presidential Primary and Damaged the Party

But but... doesn't Tulsi know that taking on Hillary will only make her MORE popular with conservatives?!
                  4g84inc6pdt31.jpg

Run Pocahontas! Run!
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Are you sure they are talking about Gabbard? My money is on Warren. She looks like a Rusky. Well, at least more than she looks like a native american.
                    Swish! Here is proof that Warren is a Russian plant: She was a registered republican until 1996.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Feel the Bern...

This endorsement carries a lot of weight.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It doesn’t surprise me that the Dems would vilify and smear a veteran. Especially Hillary, who is responsible for several deaths in Benghazi.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Interesting. If nothing else, this should bring more awareness of Gabbard's candidacy.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Dial back the condescension. Most people laughed away accusations that Trump was and/ or would a stooge or pawn for foreign governments. Tulsi does have some concerning characteristics. She reminds me more of Jill Stein than Trump.

Tulsi’s coziness with Assad has been a point of criticism for quite a while as has her unflinching support for Modi and Hindu nationalists. Tulsi has almost solely been focused on criticizing democrats, until Trump abandoned the Kurds. She threatened to boycott the debate and complained about the DNC like a giant baby. She has vocalized opposing the idea of impeaching him.

The Russian propaganda apparatus likes her.

The majority of these criticisms started before she announced her unwanted candidacy for POTUS.
                            OMG! Pelosi is one of those frick'n Rusky assets... How deep does this go?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...ble-tom-rogan/

We need someone like Joseph McCarthy to hunt down these red commies. I know! We could create a special counsel for this and get Hillary to run it!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Uncle Ted;1432723]Cat fight!
                              [QUOTE]

Good grief, I hate the Democratic Party so much. What a clown show.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• And she was a law professor at Harvard... Obviously overrated.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X