Ever ride the DC metro?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fiyero
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 5266

    #1

    Ever ride the DC metro?

    Two trains on the red line collided during rush hour; one is lying on top of the other.

    I don't have a link, it was just on the news. Too soon to report injuries.
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
    Two trains on the red line collided during rush hour; one is lying on top of the other.

    I don't have a link, it was just on the news. Too soon to report injuries.
    Yes, every day last Summer, I had to switch trains at Fort Totten for the Green Line to Howard. This just made my viscera feel like ticklish ice.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #3
      Apparently this happened while approaching the Fort Totten station. The train already in the station was whiplashed. Now it's on CNN

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15671

        #4
        Wow, that's awful. I have two friends in the DC area. Hope all is well.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • Fiyero
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 5266

          #5
          It was outdoors, not in one of the tunnels. An on-site reporter announced "massive injuries" and at least one fatality so far.

          I used to ride the yellow line to and from King Street. Very unnerving.

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15671

            #6
            I've just contacted my two friends and found that both are safe, thank goodness. What an awful story.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #7
              My friends that ride that line are safe too. Phew....but I'm still sad that others are hurt.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • Fiyero
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 5266

                #8
                Now they say it may have been a head-on crash between the red and green lines. 20 minutes into the story and nobody seems to know. What a messy site.

                Comment

                • UteStar
                  Sexiest Poster in Town
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2419

                  #9
                  Egads that is terrible. I rode the orange line for years...it is the cleanest metro system around. And it was always considered safe. That sucks.

                  Comment

                  • Fiyero
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5266

                    #10
                    Metro's spokesman was just interviewed. At least two fatalities now, and all 12 cars were close to capacity, and many people are still trapped inside.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #11
                      I used to ride that metro everyday, and have ridden it many times since. Everytime I'm on a subway train, I'm often thinking about just that kind of accident happening. Lots of people flying everywhich way inside a metal box rich with metal poles and panels against which to land.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Solon
                        Lost in the flood
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5747

                        #12
                        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        I used to ride that metro everyday, and have ridden it many times since. Everytime I'm on a subway train, I'm often thinking about just that kind of accident happening. Lots of people flying everywhich way inside a metal box rich with metal poles and panels against which to land.
                        My wife used to take the Red Line to her job at American University (Tenleytown Exit).
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          I used to ride the Metro from Crystal City. DC Metro usually is great. No problems, very clean, efficient, etc.

                          Hopefully injuries are at a minimum.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • cougjunkie
                            *Banned*
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 23223

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I used to ride the Metro from Crystal City. DC Metro usually is great. No problems, very clean, efficient, etc.

                            Hopefully injuries are at a minimum.
                            4 dozen reported dead so far.
                            *Banned*

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              4 dozen reported dead so far.
                              Whoops. Well, that is pretty bleak news.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...