Wicked, and the Gay Agenda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PaloAltoCougar
    Semper infra dignitatem
    • Nov 2008
    • 16940

    #1

    Wicked, and the Gay Agenda

    I've seen Wicked twice and thought it was good, but I had no interest in going Thursday night when my wife joined a group of women in our ward who saw the musical in SF. Now I sort of wish I had. After it was over the women were talking about how much they enjoyed it, but one woman stood by, quietly seething, until her opinion was asked. Then she unloaded on them; she HATED the musical and could see that it was subtle, clever and highly effective propaganda piece for The Gay Agenda. My wife laughed and thought she was kidding, asking, "No, really, how did you like it?" The woman went on and on about the Gay Agenda. Just now, the woman in question sent the following e-mail to dozens of people in the Stake. I post it here for your review and comment. How, if at all, would you respond? My immediate reaction was essentially, "Yeah, so?" I was entertained by the production, but it didn't change my views on gay rights or my sexuality (although taking one's wife to Broadway musicals has its compensations).


    My dear sisters, I’ve spent two sleepless nights and I know I need to send this to finally feel some peace. Several months ago I was invited by a very sweet sister to attend the play Wicked with some other sisters in our ward. The plans were made and the tickets were purchased. In anticipation of this play that I had heard so many good members rave about, I bought the book. Much to my dismay, the book is pure trash. I read part of the book before throwing it in the trash,. In the book, Elphaba ( the wicked witch) is a lesbian and much of the story has to do with promoting the gay rights agenda. I questioned those who had seen the play and was assured that there was nothing like that in the play. I’m sorry to say they were mistaken. It is very cleverly and cunningly disguised in the message of tolerance for those who are “different.” I told my family in the days before I went that I was heavy hearted, fearing that many good, even the very elect were being deceived and sadly I was right. The hidden agenda is much easier to spot if you view the play as I did, aware of what the book was about. Someone said that what difference did it make if viewers didn’t see the hidden agenda. The difference is that they are still getting the message that we should be tolerant of wickedness and then they innocently tell others to go see the play and more and more are being deceived. I have since found out that the author of wicked is gay, lives in Massachusetts with his “husband.,” He is also a contributor to Am I Blue? Coming out of the Silence, written for homosexual teenagers. For those who have seen the play and for those who haven’t, I’m going to tell you several examples of this hidden agenda.

    The play asks “are people born wicked or do they become that way” The wicked witch is born with green skin (which in my opinion is symbolic of homosexuality or bisexuality)

    Madame Morrible is a high government official who announces from the balcony that Elphaba is wicked and that we shouldn’t tolerate her “twisted nature” Her words exactly. She is the one who has the courage to stand up for what is moral. Moral equals horrible, thus she is Morrible.

    The good witch Glinda is portrayed as vain, shallow and stupid.

    When Elphaba sings her song about defying gravity, she is actually defying society and God’s laws. As she rises on her broomstick, she is surrounded by rainbow spotlights. Homosexuals have pirated the rainbow as their symbol.

    After Elfie has gone into hiding because she has been labeled as wicked, she goes to visit her sister Nessa. Elfie doesn’t come in through the door or step out behind a curtain. She literally comes out of the closet in her sisters room. Gays use the phrase coming out of the closet when they disclose their homosexuality to others.

    Elfie tells her sister Nessa that she needs her and their fathers (her father happened to be the governor) support, to stand by her. Nessa then proceeds to chew her out and tells her that she is a terrible embarrassment to the family and that their father couldn’t deal with it and now he is dead. Nessa then informs Elphaba that Nessa is now the governor., Nessa’s servant Boq then tells Elfie that Nessa is the most evil governor they have ever had because she is taking their rights away and they didn’t have that many to begin with.,

    Glinda and Eflie dance together in one scene,. It is not slow dancing however. If their hidden message was obvious they would have a very limited audience who would actually pay to see it.

    They sing a song to each other called what is this feeling?

    When they visit Oz they are holding hands much of the time. Their relationship is being billed as dear friends, but IMO dear friends don’t act that way. We don’t walk around holding hands, dancing together singing romantic love songs to one another,

    When they visit Oz Elfie is so happy because she feels like her green skin fits right in since they are in the Emerald city. IMO that represents SF. BTW the play premiered in SF.

    The citizens of Oz who oppose wickedness are portrayed as a mob with pitchforks and torches.

    In the end Dorothy’s house falls on Nessa and they sing about the wickedest witch that ever was is dead. (Remember she took their rights away)

    Madame Morrible is put in prison.

    Wicked does triumph over good and they all live happily ever after.

    There is also a book called the grimmery which is the ancient book of texts No one but Elfie can understand it. IMO that is symbolic of the Bible and how its teachings are being twisted. It’s as though the wicked can put their own interpretation on what God has clearly stated and everyone else is too stupid to understand what it really means,

    Many people see this as a play about cheering on the underdog and being kind to those who are different which is all well and good, That’s what many see on the surface while being subtly given the message that we shouldn’t label people as wicked, but instead tolerate their behavior and differences., There is also a song that talks about a new way of thinking,

    I was very uncomfortable there and couldn’t wait for it to end, I was also annoyed because I felt as though I had written a 100 dollar check to the no on 8 group when I bought the ticket and bart fare.

    If you’ve already bought tickets or choose to see it, please view it with your eyes wide open,. Please think about what I have told you and carefully consider if you should encourage others to see this play, even though you may have watched it with innocent eyes. IMO we shouldn’t be innocently promoting something that is truly…wicked.

    Love to you all,
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #2
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    she HATED the musical and could see that it was subtle, clever and highly effective propaganda piece for The Gay Agenda.
    Has anyone else noticed that the word agenda is only used by people with an agenda?

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15680

      #3
      That's good stuff. How may I subscribe to her newsletter?
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15680

        #4
        Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Has anyone else noticed that the word agenda is only used by people with an agenda?
        And you just used it twice. What are you up to, anyway?
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #5
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Has anyone else noticed that the word agenda is only used by people with an agenda?
          Kind of sound like the "Teletubbies" agenda as well.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • Babs
            Not a Lawyer
            • Nov 2008
            • 17128

            #6
            Originally posted by All-American View Post
            And you just used it twice. What are you up to, anyway?
            stop being funny. It's disconcerting. lol.

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #7
              Originally posted by All-American View Post
              And you just used it twice. What are you up to, anyway?
              She is swaying CUF to her dark and devious ways. Using cunning words and thinly veiled subterfuge. Isn't that correct you Shadow Demon!!?!?!
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #8
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Kind of sound like the "Teletubbies" agenda as well.
                They DID have an agenda!!! Did you ever watch that thing? NooNoo makes the TubbyToast, NooNoo clears away the dishes, NooNoo tidies up the Tubbydome, NooNoo accidentally vacuums up the TubbyToys. Naughty NooNoo! ARRGGGHH!

                Comment

                • Fiyero
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5266

                  #9
                  I hope that sister never hugs another woman, steps foot in a walk-in closet, rents a U-haul, allows roses to be seen in her home (too close to that lesbian's name Rosie), cuts her hair above her shoulders or wears white pants, otherwise she will be planting seeds of dykedom.

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    They DID have an agenda!!! Did you ever watch that thing? NooNoo makes the TubbyToast, NooNoo clears away the dishes, NooNoo tidies up the Tubbydome. ARRGGGHH!
                    See, and I thought the agenda had simply to do with the "Man Bag" and upside down triangle for Tinky Winky
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                      I hope that sister never hugs another woman, steps foot in a walk-in closet, rents a U-haul, allows roses to be seen in her home (too close to that lesbian's name Rosie), cuts her hair above her shoulders or wears white pants, otherwise she will be planting seeds of dykedom.
                      I can't wait til the government uses her taxmoney to bail out Subaru.

                      Comment

                      • Coach McGuirk
                        1
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12109

                        #12
                        I never, not once, thought of gay, lesbian, or straight when seeing that play. I went and really enjoyed the entertainment.

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          I never, not once, thought of gay, lesbian, or straight when seeing that play. I went and really enjoyed the entertainment.
                          They were subliminally engulfing you in their agenda while you blissfully thought you were being entertained.

                          Nice Avatar, BTW.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            Nice Avatar, BTW.
                            IT IS NOT!!

                            Comment

                            • DU Ute
                              RIP CUF
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 7393

                              #15
                              Wait, the No on 8 people are getting money when I ride the bart? I had no idea.
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                              Comment

                              Working...