Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    why do you keep defending trumpism as a libertarian?
    I don't have a dog in this fight... but I find it very entertaining to watch the liberals make asses of themselves. It reminds of what conservatives did about eight years ago.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      I really like reading Mr. Scahill's stuff. He is one of the founding editors of The Intercept_ and is a very thoughtful journalist and author. But I'm scratching my head about this announcement he made. Seems wrong-headed. Maher was very critical of his decision to pull out; and I agree with Maher... there is nothing wrong with having a open debate and using it to expose his "hateful, anti-immigrant campaign" if it is that.

Also, I think Scahill uses a bit of hyperbole when he declares that Maher's show is an "large, important platform". lol.
      Scahill is just saving his career. If he didn't boycott Maher's show he would lose much of his fanbase. What a wuss.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Kinda Millennial Rush Limbaugh then?
        I should add he also is pro fat shaming

Comment

• Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
          Milo goes out of his way to be offensive and provocative. I think his intent is to be the funny and very offensive messenger of the Breitbart/Bannon trifecta of nationalism, populism, and Judeo-Christian values. He openly scorns feminists, lesbians, other gays, liberals, academia, and is brutal on Islam.

If Milo weren't a gay Jew there is no way he could get away with stuff he says. He gives speeches like "Would you rather your child had cancer or feminism?" and "Birth control makes women crazy and fat."
          Milo is just an "entertainer", pimping his upcoming book.

I haven't heard him say anything that I would consider extremely hateful... in fact, the crap the alt-left is saying about him and other "nazis" seems much more hateful.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I should add he also is pro fat shaming
            Well that is the Millennial spin.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Milo is just an "entertainer", pimping his upcoming book.
              Speaking of Yianopoulos' book... It is now the best seller in Political Humor:

https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Mil...dp/1501173081/

It doesn't even come out until June. He can thank the liberals for creating a shitstorm and giving his book a lot of attention.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight... but I find it very entertaining to watch the liberals make asses of themselves. It reminds of what conservatives did about eight years ago.
                Haha.

Sure Ted. Sure.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Michael Vick was more self-aware.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Speaking of Yianopoulos' book... It is now the best seller in Political Humor:

https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Mil...dp/1501173081/

It doesn't even come out until June. He can thank the liberals for creating a shitstorm and giving his book a lot of attention.
                    I appreciate the information you provide

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Kinda Millennial Rush Limbaugh then?
                      More like gay Ann Coulter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        More like gay Ann Coulter.
                        That is an ugly image that I need to wash out with some victory by BYU.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          Michael Vick was more self-aware.
                          OK, I guess my dog would be Rand Paul.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Milo goes out of his way to be offensive and provocative. I think his intent is to be the funny and very offensive messenger of the Breitbart/Bannon trifecta of nationalism, populism, and Judeo-Christian values. He openly scorns feminists, lesbians, other gays, liberals, academia, and is brutal on Islam.

If Milo weren't a gay Jew there is no way he could get away with stuff he says. He gives speeches like "Would you rather your child had cancer or feminism?" and "Birth control makes women crazy and fat."
                            Those are sort of obnoxious sounding topics but, really, worth rioting in the streets? Or screaming epithets at people? If that is all there is to him I am not sure what the big deal is. Ignore the troll.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              I really like reading Mr. Scahill's stuff. He is one of the founding editors of The Intercept_ and is a very thoughtful journalist and author. But I'm scratching my head about this announcement he made. Seems wrong-headed. Maher was very critical of his decision to pull out; and I agree with Maher... there is nothing wrong with having a open debate and using it to expose his "hateful, anti-immigrant campaign" if it is that.

Also, I think Scahill uses a bit of hyperbole when he declares that Maher's show is an "large, important platform". lol.
                              I still can't understand why the left gets so bent out of shape and violent over this guy... and want to shut down free speech.

I have to hand it to Bill Maher for having him on his show. He is one of the last of the true liberals.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I still can't understand why the left gets so bent out of shape and violent over this guy... and want to shut down free speech.
                                Eh, that 10 minutes was it?! Or was there a separate "panel" portion that you didn't share? If not, then much ado about nothing. Enjoy the book sales Milo.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X