Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    http://emorywheel.com/emory-students...ump-chalkings/

Emory giving Brown a run for its money. Coddling narcissists, paranoid personalities, and manic depressives and acting like they have a rational grievance isn't doing anyone any favors.
    Wow!

The comments are great.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Wow!

The comments are great.
      Not too shabby...

David Taylor • an hour ago
      I did not know that Emory offered a degree in co-dependency.
      4 • Reply•Share ›
      The response from the Editor-in-Chief of the student paper was about as reasonable as could be expected under the circumstances:

But the very idea that allowed students to speak up — especially those who felt attacked by the Drumpf chalkings — is under siege by those very same student protesters. The legendary U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis wrote that “sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants,” and this holds true here. Institutionally prohibiting an ignorant, hurtful or violent idea does not destroy it; it allows the idea to grow and worsen in the shadows, far from the moderating effects of public scrutiny. The best way to destroy an idea is to confront it.
      http://emorywheel.com/22419-2/
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I am beginning to detest a certain segment of Millennials. This coddling of them will hurt them eventually sometime in the distant or not too distant future.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          I am beginning to detest a certain segment of Millennials. This coddling of them will hurt them eventually sometime in the distant or not too distant future.
          No way. They will continue to gripe about millionaires, become a senator and someday run for President

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Not too shabby...

The response from the Editor-in-Chief of the student paper was about as reasonable as could be expected under the circumstances:

http://emorywheel.com/22419-2/
            meh. That one paragraph was ok, but a very weak response overall.

More entertaining comments on that one too.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              meh. That one paragraph was ok, but a very weak response overall.

More entertaining comments on that one too.
              I didn't say it was great, just "about as reasonable as could be expected." I was expecting the student-editor to toe the protester line.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Clay Travis, a sportswriter who I discovered when he was writing about the Mizzou protests, wrote a hilarious column about the current insanity at Emory. A snippet:

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT OUR CHAINS!"

Motherfuckers, you are going to a school that costs $65,000 a year, you are not slaves. The only people in chains here are your parents, who probably should have beaten your spoiled asses with a cat o'nine tails so you didn't grow up to be such huge pussies.

"You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!"

IN PAIN!

You know who is in pain, billions of people in the world who don't have enough to eat. You know who isn't in pain? People who read something written in chalk on a campus sidewalk. I'm pretty sure Jesus himself said that somewhere in the New Testament.

You know who else was in pain? Your great-grandfathers when they stormed the beaches of Normandy and got riddled with bullets. Your pussy asses will protest chalk on campus, but you'd be too busy bitching about the spotty wifi on the troop carriers and taking selfies of you in front of the German pillboxes to actually storm the beaches and fight Nazis.

Then the student quotes got worse:

"I'm supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here]," one student said. "But this man is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well ... I don't deserve to feel afraid at my school."

So this student is afraid of chalk opinions? Is this real life? That's the standard of fear now.

And how dare some students on your campus have a different opinion than you? HOW DARE THEY NOT AGREE WITH YOU ON EVERYTHING?
                http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...alkings-032216

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Clay Travis, a sportswriter who I discovered when he was writing about the Mizzou protests, wrote a hilarious column about the current insanity at Emory. A snippet:

Clay Travis is awesome.

Comment

Clay Travis, a sportswriter who I discovered when he was writing about the Mizzou protests, wrote a hilarious column about the current insanity at Emory. A snippet:

I love it.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• What if heaven forbid Trump gets elected. Is the system in place that those of us who choose too can get free professional counseling or is this only reserved for college students?

Comment

He's right, but he's also a fucking asshole about it.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Sounds like he'd be perfect for CS
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Then we need a lot more assholes.

Comment

Nah, he's awesome about it.

These kids need to know that there's nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints that they don't agree with, and that they are not harmed by this.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Hell, if anybody deserves a trigger warning when it comes to political candidates it's me. I'm rich and Bernie Sanders wants to take my money and give to these dumbass pussies so they can go to college for free. I'm triggered as fuck when I hear that. America ain't my safe space, bro.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X