Originally posted by LiveCoug
View Post
Trigger warnings, safe spaces, and fascism on college campuses
Collapse
X
-
Chick's got issues."I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
-
So I guess it never occurs to some people that they should go live somewhere where rent doesn't cost 80% of your entry-level salary until you move up enough that you can afford to be where you want.Originally posted by LiveCoug View PostHere is a fun read (figured it's a good a thread as any):
https://medium.com/@taliajane/an-ope...e7a#.5sdmjiqr9"It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV
Comment
-
I loved the part where she was complaining about her FULL MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION insurance because it has a $20 copay.Originally posted by kccougar View PostSo I guess it never occurs to some people that they should go live somewhere where rent doesn't cost 80% of your entry-level salary until you move up enough that you can afford to be where you want.
I also love that she got fired after this post.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
But she wanted to die where she was before, likes the weather, and can be close to the father with whom she has a distant relationship.Originally posted by kccougar View PostSo I guess it never occurs to some people that they should go live somewhere where rent doesn't cost 80% of your entry-level salary until you move up enough that you can afford to be where you want."What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone
"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky
Comment
-
I think the only thing sadder than her post is the angry Argentine defending her every word in the comments.Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss
There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock
Comment
-
Why isn't she living with him?Originally posted by Joe Public View PostBut she wanted to die where she was before, likes the weather, and can be close to the father with whom she has a distant relationship.A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali
Comment
-
No one forced her to rent an apartment by herself that cost $1200 a month with a job that pays minimum wage. It's mind-boggling that someone would take on a lease like that when they're working an entry position at a call center and making $10 an hour.
Now she's free to show that CEO what's she's really worth, which probably isn't as much as she was getting paidPart of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
Comment
-
Seriously all the girl needs is a roommate and she would have enough money to make ends meet. Sheesh. Full health care benefits and free food at work is a helluva lot better deal than most entry level jobs.
Comment
-
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
Comment
-
Melissa Click, the fascist Missouri professor who's academic work, outside of threatening violence against students and yelling f-bombs at law enforcement trying to keep order at a parade, involved a scholarly inquiry of Twilight has been fired.
On one hand, she was fired because of her actions going viral over the internet. So, it's kind of another scalp for the outrage mob. On the other hand, this damn woman was a contributor to the campus safe space frenzy at Missouri. Besides that, she should have never been a professor in the first place. I can't believe that someone has a position like that due to their expertise in the field of Fifty Shades of Gray.Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
Comment
-
So many gold nuggets in this story about a speech given by a dude who works for Breitbart.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Student Government Board held a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the traumatizing visit the night before from Milo Yiannopoulos.
This one is my favorite:
Literal physical danger because someone expressed political views contrary to your own?!? Awesome.“That so many people walked out of that [event] feeling in literal physical danger is not alright.”
Comment
-
But wait. SU assures us that this is all an invention of the Atlantic and it isn't really happening. I guess it hasn't been featured in the NYT yet.Originally posted by imanihonjin View PostSo many gold nuggets in this story about a speech given by a dude who works for Breitbart.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Student Government Board held a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the traumatizing visit the night before from Milo Yiannopoulos.
This one is my favorite:
Literal physical danger because someone expressed political views contrary to your own?!? Awesome."There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
Comment