Former Idaho Governor John Evans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1990

    #1

    Former Idaho Governor John Evans

    He just passed away. Won election as a Democrat in Idaho, probably because most of Idaho sympathized with labor unions. First elected governor that is LDS of Idaho. Another Lieutenant one took office. Did a lot of good things I guess but sympathy for labor unions probably a sore spot for many people. I don't know how active he was in the LDS church. Became bank president of grandfathers bank after losing Senate race. One funeral held in Methodist church, maybe for seating reasons, while the other one for family in LDS church. So I don't know if he went to church or not, Good guy for most part I think, just my politics and his don't agree.
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #2
    I have met Gov Evans a number of times both as Governor and the President of DL Evans Bank. He is, indeed, a great guy.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-14-2014, 04:55 AM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • RC Vikings
      Known Heterosexual
      • Nov 2008
      • 8789

      #3
      It's a little ironic that John Evans and Cecil Andrus were two very popular governors in Idaho and both Democrats and today a Democrat wouldn't have any hope of winning in Idaho.

      Comment

      Working...