The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    According to this morbid site, she only has a 64% chance of making it through the current term. Odds of making it 4 additional years seem small, but RBG has been defying the odds her entire life.
    What are Trump’s odd of living through a second term? He isn’t in robust physical health. Neither he nor Bernie are spring chickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Isn’t she personally well-liked by her peers on the court, including the conservative justices?
      Her and Scalia were best buddies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-best-n518671

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        What a crazy thought, you can actually be friends with people you disagree with? Even more crazy, an actual discussion between people with differing ideas can be productive. What a bunch of crazy bullshit, someone should call out RBG on twitter for being friends with him.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I like RGB.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I like RGB.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Dude, are you mocking me?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Dude, are you mocking me?
                Mmmmmm . . . . that would be a yes.

Please don't ban me.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Mmmmmm . . . . that would be a yes.

Please don't ban me.
                  You gonna make fun of me if I say I like her, too? I disagree with about every opinion she's rendered, but I've always thought her and Scalia's friendship was cool, and she's remarkably intelligent.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• I like her too. And I hope she's able to outlive Trump's presidency.

Comment

• Alito is a gold medalist in mental gymnastics. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...atrol-n1142486

This ruling is going to get people killed.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Alito is a gold medalist in mental gymnastics. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...atrol-n1142486

Oh no!

Comment

Oh no!

I know this was a joke but since one person has already died, it is safe to assume more will die.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            I know this was a joke but since one person has already died, it is safe to assume more will die.
                            Clearly the supreme court doesn't care about human lives.

Comment

Clearly the supreme court doesn't care about human lives.
                              obvious
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                Alito is a gold medalist in mental gymnastics. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...atrol-n1142486

That is a sad case, and the border control officer should be prosecuted for murder. But by an American court. The civil suit, which is what this decision is about, is less important to me.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X