The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Booker should watch and learn from Blumenthal. A compelling, rational argument. Delivered with dignity.
    Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam. That’s intolerable. Why is he still a senator?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      There's no room in the GOP anymore for someone like him. The party's been Trumped.
      Sass and Kasich havent been run out (yet). I am no longer a registered Republican because of what Trump has done to the party but I hold out hope that the tide can eventually turn and grownups will take control again. The Democrat party is obviously not an option for me as they have their own loons pushing them farther left.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        What's Flake's play? If he wanted more time for a FBI investigation all along, he could have voted know in the committee, right? Is this a cover for Collins and Murkowski?
        Maybe there's no play? Maybe he's just trying to reach a compromise, you know, like these people are supposed to do?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          yeah, that's kinda funny. sad.

eve: sorry, i messed up, i'll be better.

adam: it was HER fault!
          Adam drank Eve's milkshake! He drank it up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Maybe there's no play? Maybe he's just trying to reach a compromise, you know, like these people are supposed to do?
            I didn't mean any negative connotation. I just found it interesting that he voted to get him out of committee, but then called for a delay. Maybe he could have called for that before the committee vote? dunno.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              Sass and Kasich havent been run out (yet). I am no longer a registered Republican because of what Trump has done to the party but I hold out hope that the tide can eventually turn and grownups will take control again. The Democrat party is obviously not an option for me as they have their own loons pushing them farther left.

it was only a few years ago Flake was considered to be really far to the right. It just shows how crazy things have gotten under the Trumpification of the party.

Comment

it was only a few years ago Flake was considered to be really far to the right. It just shows how crazy things have gotten under the Trumpification of the party.
                That's what I was thinking. He was a right-wing crazy. Now he's the level-headed guy we all wish would stay.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam. That’s intolerable. Why is he still a senator?
                  Hey, maybe he believes he served in Vietnam.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Hey, maybe he believes he served in Vietnam.
                    OK, that was funny.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

I am still a registered Republican, but only because I believe it's easier to fight the fire while the house is burning than it is to rebuild after the fire burns everything to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        I winder how much longer RBG will last. She obviously won’t retire with Trump as president but if he gets four more years will she kick the bucket by then? Would be funny to see Mike Lee nominated to take her spot.
                        I learned from SoonerCoug (or was it ByronMarchant?) that octogenarians are mentally incapable of doing things like lead a worldwide Church... or, I assume, serve on the Supreme Court. Because science.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

He sounds like the adult in the room. Trumpers seems to hate the guy but he votes in line with Trump as much as anybody, so I dont know why they hate him so much. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...re/jeff-flake/

Comment

• Re: the one-week investigation. It's being reported that the FBI has already contacted Mark Judge, and that he's agreed to speak with them but will not contradict his prior sworn statement. Also being reported that Dr. Ford's attorneys have "refused to accept" a one week limitation on the investigation, as if they had the power to do that.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              He's a Democrat. You may grope women, perhaps rape them, and remain in power, if you cry at appropriate times, if you're a Democrat. Neither party has any scruples, but each has the annoyingly disgusting habit of pretending that they do.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Re: the one-week investigation. It's being reported that the FBI has already contacted Mark Judge, and that he's agreed to speak with them but will not contradict his prior sworn statement. Also being reported that Dr. Ford's attorneys have "refused to accept" a one week limitation on the investigation, as if they had the power to do that.
                                The truth is that no procedure allows the Dems to pull a Garland, so they want to manipulate the GOP into a corner. It's a risky strategy which is galvanizing previously unmotivated GOP voters. I believe it will backfire.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X