X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    He's like the Hannity of the Left.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      He's like the Hannity of the Left.
      He's an anti-religious asshole. Can't stand his smugness. Occasionally he'll make a good point, but he's too damn smarmy to bother watching much of.

The tweet is dumb tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        He's an anti-religious asshole. Can't stand his smugness. Occasionally he'll make a good point, but he's too damn smarmy to bother watching much of.

The tweet is dumb tho.
        Let me rephrase that.

Hannity is the Avenatti of the Right.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Let me rephrase that.

Hannity is the Avenatti of the Right.
          I thought you speaking of Maher.

Comment

I thought you speaking of Maher.
            Yeah. Yes, Maher is an antireligious jerk, but he often makes me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1060548618845736961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060548618845736961&ref_url =http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cougarstadium.com%2Fshowthread.p hp%3F5826-The-Supreme-Court-bastion-of-conservatism%2Fpage37
              Sorry - I know this is pretty delayed at this point.

But I'm curious what Ms. #metoo would say if her husband said some dude could "have her on Thursdays" to keep them from retiring.

Somehow I just don't see that going over so well.
              Last edited by Eddie; 05-23-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Interesting results from the Court today.

They blocked the government from adding the Citizenship question. That one was probably doomed when the memos leaked about the administration's real intent being to under-count minorities.

However, IMO, Roberts wimped out on the gerrymandering case, even admitting in his opinion that:

“Our conclusion does not condone excessive partisan gerrymandering."

Also calling partisan gerrymandering "unjust" and "incompatible with democratic principles."

I like states rights arguments most of the time, but come on Roberts, this one is just wimpy. Now when the pendulum swings the other way the dems are free to do the same thing. Both are wrong.

So the decision is basically,
                Your cause is just, but I can do nothing for you.
                It would have been fun if he'd quoted the great president Van Buren.

Lame.

But the political tide on this is going in the other direction I think, and this decision will just serve to beat that drum louder. So for the long term I'm not as worried about it.
                Last edited by BlueK; 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Interesting results from the Court today.

They blocked the government from adding the Citizenship question. That one was probably doomed when the memos leaked about the administration's real intent being to under-count minorities.

However, IMO, Roberts wimped out on the gerrymandering case, even admitting in his opinion that:

“Our conclusion does not condone excessive partisan gerrymandering."

Also calling partisan gerrymandering "unjust" and "incompatible with democratic principles."

I like states rights arguments most of the time, but come on Roberts, this one is just wimpy. Now when the pendulum swings the other way the dems are free to do the same thing. Both are wrong.

So the decision is basically,
                  Your cause is just, but I can do nothing for you.
                  It would have been fun if he'd quoted the great president Van Buren.

Lame.

But the political tide on this is going in the other direction I think, and this decision will just serve to beat that drum louder. So for teh long term I'm not as worried about it.
                  Gerrymandering is the only way the GOP does as well as they do in congress. What a pussy move.
                  Last edited by frank ryan; 06-27-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Gerrymandering is the only way the GOP does as well as they do in congress. What a pussy move.
                    I like Roberts in some ways, but his wimpiness annoys me. He admits gerrymandering is freaking "INCOMPATIBLE with democratic principles" but still rules the other way because he's afraid to make that decision?????

George Washington with his warning of the dangers of political parties is not impressed.

I miss Justice Kennedy.

Still, I think this decision will only serve to spur on the anti-gerrymandering movement because now they can use the Chief Justice's own words to make their case.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 06-27-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

OMG... I didn't know the GOP took over Maryland. Yeah, I agree that those Maryland'ers are a bunch of pussies.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

OMG... I didn't know the GOP took over Maryland. Yeah, I agree that those Maryland'ers are a bunch of pussies.

Whatabout! Unleash the bots!

We know about Maryland. It was part of the case.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 06-27-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• I agree with UT on this. This isn't just a Republican issue. It is a power issue, although Maryland is the only Democratic leaning state that has an issue currently.

I'm torn on the supreme courts decision. I hate gerrymandering, but I don't know if handing down a decree on it is the way to go. The states and ultimately the people need to address it.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            I agree with UT on this. This isn't just a Republican issue. It is a power issue, although Maryland is the only Democratic leaning state that has an issue currently.

I'm torn on the supreme courts decision. I hate gerrymandering, but I don't know if handing down a decree on it is the way to go. The states and ultimately the people need to address it.
                            it wouldn't have had to be a one size fits all decree. Just tell them this is too extreme in these two cases and tell them to go back and find a better solution that isn't so blatantly partisan. They make rulings like that all the time from both sides of the bench. But like I said, I think the political momentum is on the side to end gerrymandering, so I'm not overly concerned.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 06-27-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              I agree with UT on this. This isn't just a Republican issue. It is a power issue, although Maryland is the only Democratic leaning state that has an issue currently.

California is an example of Democrats doing the right thing. They’ve taken redistricting out of partisan hands. They could have an all D delegation if they wanted to.

It’s hard for people’s voices to be heard when their legislative seats are gerrymandered to hell

Comment

Fix ALL gerrymandering. It's wrong regardless of who does it.
                                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
                                X